Zed Build Guide by Sully3
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Hey Ladies and Gents.
This will be my first guide, So please leave feedback :)
Ok, So firstly, Ive seen the few Guides already made, And ive had several players explaining how to play and build Zed in game. But i feel people "Molly coddle" Zed to much.
He is an Assassin, And what Assassins do you know who are tanky? I know none. How many Assassins are quick, high dammage, And kill there target before the enemy has time to deal much dammage to you.
For runes, As i said above i want to be quick, high in dammage and kill the enemy quickly.
So for this i use:
Seals: Attack speed (Great seal of Alacrity)
Glyph: Attack speed (Greater Glyph of Alacrity)
Marks: Armour Pen (Greater mark of Desolation)
Quints: Attack Dammage (Greater Quintessence of Strength)
This gives you a somewhat slower start game if you are targeted alot. But by level 3 you can harrass them hard, And using Zed's Incredible Range can push almost any champion back.
Ok, Items :)
I have seen many people building very diffrently, But as Zed is new i get to play with and against many players building in diffrent styles, i found the tanky Zeds, are alot easier to kill, Althought being tanky, they dont get the full use of the ultimate.
With the items i use, I generaly kill everyone in 1v1 before my ulti actualy gets to come into affect.
Against Tankier enemies, Such as Darius, aslong as you get the jump on him with your ulti. You can drain a huge chunk of his HP before he gets to think. i have played against several natural tanky champs, And i havent found 1 Zed cannot deal a fair amount of dammage too.
A huge Variety of summoner spells work with Zed, Obviously Flash is great for leaping out then leaping again into an ulti and giving you a great surprise element.
I also like ignite, its great when going up against another faster high attack speed and life steal champ such as Fiora or Master Yi and just using ignite on them so you have the advantage.
Ghost, Although not the best choice, but as Zed already has a great Movement speed, Ghost actualy out runs alot of people who use flash to escape.
This skill will be your best attack, so maximize this skill first. The range combined with your shadow form is jsut incredible for poking
This ability is great, But doesnt help much more after level 1. So i tend to level this last. Great for escapes. Jump through walls ect. Also, If you throw your form ahead, You get a great range for your [Q].
This skill is very good if used right, I tend to use this skill alot for cleaning up minions and farming the jungle, short CD good dammage. Another good use is after you ulti and throw out your shadow, Your spin will slow your enemy allowing you to keep ontop of them.
this skill makes you dash to an enemy and cannot be stopped. it also place a shadow behind your opponent. You can increase this affect by using your [W], placing a 3rd shadow. I found a great way to use this skill, is to initiate on enemies alone or at the back of a team fight. if your build is right, and you plan your strikes, Your a very likely to kill your opponent with the ulti.
1. Your most common combo will be Living Shadow, Shadow Slash, Razor Shuriken and Shadow Slash again.
2. For harrassing, I use Living Shadow, Razor Shuriken.
3. Your ulitamate combo. For this, pop your ultimate, Followed by Living Shadow (2 shadows are better than 1) Shadow Slash (apply a slow) Razor Shuriken, And finaly Shadow Slash once more. If done corretly, Your shaow slash should hit in time with the end of your ulti, By this point your enemy will be dead, or close to it.
Pros / Cons
- Great base dammage, Especialy with [E]
- Uses energy (Regens fast)
- Deals more damage with his skils if you are using his "Living Shadow" [W]
- Great positioning with his clone, Great escape champ.
- His ulti can easily be used to sneak passed Tanky enemies and take out those AD Carries hiding in the back.
- Passive is great for finnishing and getting that so sort after first blood.
- Very Squishy if caught by surprise.
- Players who are not used to "Ninjas" may find him hard to play to begin with.