Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Bio's Guide Editing Services

Creator: Bioalchemist August 16, 2013 2:43pm
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 2:43pm | Report
Hey Everyone,

I recently came across a platinum tier author who wrote a fantastic guide on Ahri. Unfortunately he is German and as such English is not his primary language. Due to this fact, his writing abilities in regards to grammar are rather weak. This has lead his guide to be put by the wayside as people are not willing to read through it and provide proper criticism along with votes. As I believe this is unfair, I have decided to offer my services as editor for people who really need it.

What does this mean you say?

It means that if you have a legit guide that follows the guidelines set forth by numerous members of the community, you have a good knowledge and grasp of basic LoL strategies and gameplay, and you have competence with your selected champion I will consider editing your guide for grammar mistakes free of charge! (here are some guidelines on good guide writing: Here)

What else does this mean?

I will not edit a guide i deem unworthy as it would be a waste of my time. I also will not change the content of the guide simply the sentence structure/wording/punctuation/etc. One big reason for this is that I don't even play a great deal of ranked LoL and do not have the expertise to consider myself worthy of writing a guide.

What makes you think you are qualified Bio?

Hmmmm well I have a post-graduate degree in biochemistry, written numerous reports in the professional world and in the academic world including a 150 page dissertation, taken 2 years of english/grammar curriculum in college, and my first language is indeed English. Be warned though, if you are looking for me to fluff up your writing style with fanciness you are mistaken as i write/edit like a scientist does...going straight to the point.

Why are you doing this?

Because I believe it is unfair that someone who has good knowledge of the game can't provide mobafire with a guide that will be used and viewed due to their inability to write in English well.

How do I apply for your services?

Hit me up in this thread. Than we can PM the content back and forth if I like your sh@t. Remember I am not formatting/coding the guide just editing the content as there are people on mobafire that are FAR more qualified to help you with that. It can be a published guide or a guide you are writing still/trying to finalize.

RULES:

A) I pick what I want to edit based on criteria I have presented earlier in this post.

B) I will edit based on need not necessarily based on first come first serve.

C) If you put me in the credits for editing your guide that would be cool.

D) You are not required to +rep me. this service is free of charge meaning I don't charge money or rep.

E) I will do my duties as quick as possible, but I am not a 14 year old kid with no life responsibilities. I have a job, a wife, and a dog. I also have a social life.

F) Don't be a ****.

Haven't seen anyone offer this before so I thought it would be a cool idea. If it ultimately becomes a mess so be it.

Ready whenever you are!

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 2:50pm | Report
Bio pls.

But yeah, cool idea.
Kinen
<Member>
Kinen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 3:35pm | Report
I'd considered doing this but I'm too busy (read: lazy). I second Janitsue, it's a good idea (but then I would say that, it did occur to me on my own. Clearly I have a vested interest in this business).
Sig by Kinen|Nayaad
that's my IGN
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2013 4:48pm | Report
^ thanks guys. We will see if there is any interest in it. If not no worries.

I am too busy also, but I have down time here and there that I could edit some text.

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

KillerNeko
<Member>
KillerNeko's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2013 7:29pm | Report
Interesting, just interesting
Always appreciated +Rep! You can +Rep me if you found my comments as something helping or even funny ^^

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2013 5:01am | Report
Are you still available ?
My Varus guide would need some spellchecking :3

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2013 8:38am | Report
^ sure. I know the guide you speak of. will run through it and send you edits through PM :)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 3:37pm | Report
Are you still running this idea?
I'd love to have someone else run through my Yasuo guide. I've been trying to catch as many mistakes as possible, but of course with its length and it being a newly finished guide (disregarding lane matchups and synergies), it still has a lot of work needed to be done lol.
-Check out my Lucian Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2014 3:57pm | Report
yeah i will happily still do this for you. let me take a look at it. we will discuss it through PM's.

Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2014 11:21am | Report
currently i can't take any more requests. i am maxed with what i can do with the time i currently have.

1) NateDog (just finished 3/13/14)
2) PoisonIvy (finished 6/19/14)
4) Joxuu

sorry things are going so slow but work has been brutal and my weekends have been swamped. will work through this asap. should have Nate's done by the end of this week. will update as i can.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide