Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Shaco - E or Q?

Creator: Kurt_Ottman February 9, 2012 4:24am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 11:31pm | Report
^ What she said ^^
There is no victory without humility.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 3:55am | Report
I do not know how you guys play. But maxing E won't make you go out of mana at all.
If you gank one lane with full mana, you are most likely to end the gank with half of your mana left. Even without Manabuff.

The point is that before you can seriously gank (well it's Shaco) you need to do some jungling first.

All you guys are talking about is that Two-Shiv is the last resort for flashing enemies.

HUH? Are your enemies really that bad to use flash althought they do not have enoug health to survive a 70 Damage Dagger trolololol?

In most cases the laner will get away with more than 20% Hp, the dagger is just perfect for these moments.

And as I already stated in my maths the difference between lvling Q first or E is HUGE!
While Q Damage only increases by around 30 damage, leveling E increases the damage by 95 damage.

All you guys read is: 180% Damage ( YEHAA MORE THAN 100%!!) and Critical Strike (YEAHAA CRITICAL STRIKE)

But it is NOT a real crit. It crits for 180% and not 200%. Thats less than a actual crit...

Btw. If your enemies are not too stupid. Then Shaco has to gank with using Q first, otherwise he won't even be able to come close ...
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 4:37am | Report
@EpicMF

Even if you do that it cannot be called "spamming".
Ofc JitB is the best way to do that, but you wont need to unnecessarily drain your mana with Deceive, that's just rubbish.
And without a reason like being chased or sth, wasting mana on wall hopping to save what? 1-2 secs? Not likely.

And yeah I do know how to gank, that's why I know that you can't just walk in on the enemy and save every CD in more than 5% of the time.
And without slowing an enemy beforehand you won't be able to hit him with Two-Shiv after he flashes, just saying.

But I kinda understand you guys. If you abuse Deceive that much every game you're likely to get into a mana pinch.
And just on the sideline: If you use JitBs in the jungle for farming you'll have mana problems nevertheless, forcing you to take at least your first blue anyway.
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 5:09am | Report
The first blue should always go to the jungler, unless the jungler is Tryndamere or Rumble. You use Jack In The Box in the jungle to avoid taking damage, by waiting for the fear, then using Deceive to make them focus your box instead of you. You can then also hit them from behind, which will make your jungling 25% more effective for a couple of hits, which becomes alot.

You won't save 2-3 seconds if used to get over a long wall like the double golem wall for example. Or the dragon wall. Trust me, if you level Deceive first, even though you use one Jack In The Box at every camp, you will rarely have mana problems because Deceive costs almost nothing.
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 5:23am | Report
xIchi wrote:

If you gank one lane with full mana, you are most likely to end the gank with half of your mana left. Even with no mana buff.

If you max Deceive first, you will most likely end up with 90% of your mana instead, which means you can go to mid and gank afterwards, without having to worry about a thing. No, you won't use 50% of your mana with Deceive level 1 - Two-Shiv Poison level 3 combo, but you will lose a considerable amount, which when you don't have mana buff, can lead to you having to go back ever so often, instead of staying for more experience/gold and map presence.

But the most viable argument for maxing Deceive first is really that, after all, is your best escape-mechanism, so if you run out of mana, you can't do dangerous things like solo-pushing a lane with 4 Dude Potentials, like you could if you had Deceive. The mana cost will help you have Deceive ready for when you get into a pinch. I have no idea how many times I've barely escaped by getting 50 mana just in time.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 5:55am | Report
You're implying that you're getting off more than 1 deceive in a gank. This shouldn't be the case. You should only need 2 skills to ganks successfully. Q to get in range, W to block escape routes.
Maybe E to finish someone.

You don't have a small enough mana pool that using deceive is 50% of your mana, even coupled with another skill.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 8:21am | Report
Let it rest.

I already mentioned all of that to him.
Some ppl dont bother trying to understand others even after asking questions.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 9:53am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Let it rest.

I already mentioned all of that to him.
Some ppl dont bother trying to understand others even after asking questions.

And a mathemathic proof, which was kinda ignored o0
Capn_Evan
<Member>
Capn_Evan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 11:39am | Report
I have written a guide where I max Deceive first, this is mainly because I play Shaco as a pusher, which means I need to kill minions as quickly as possible using every means, including abilities. This will leave me very mana hungry, and maxing Deceive will save my life often because I still have enough mana to use it for a quick escape, which makes me able to perform bolder offensive stunts earlier in the game.

If you play Shaco purely as a ganker, you're not playing him right ;)
Check out my In-depth Shaco guide here! Who needs rep, when you got new messages? ^_^ PM me for anything, if just to chat ^_^ I'm always ready for conversations :)
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 4:13am | Report
Am i the only one maxing boxes first oO? W>E>Q?

Q->Less mana on deceive, a ability scaling with AD: Not really being effective to max before 200 ad.

W->More dragon control(more cc and damage from the boxes), More cc and 2nd most damage for ganks, more cc and damage for 1v1's.

E->2nd in CC and best damage for ganks.

Remeber u use "Q" to dodge the ward the enemy laner put out. So half the time, ur "Q" proc is not even gonna go off..

And for Capn_Evan, with such an argument i don't even get why u would write a shaco guide......
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide