Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Zyra Build?

Creator: MissWitch July 16, 2012 11:27am
1 2
MissWitch
<Member>
MissWitch's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 11:27am | Report
I know Zyra hasent been officially released, but we know she is an ap Mage. What do you think are a must? I know she needs Rabadon's Deathcap, Sorcerer's Shoes, and I have a tie between rylais and rod of ages
If you would like for me to review YOUR guide, send me a PM!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 12:03pm | Report
Why get Sorcs?

You're gonna want as much CDR as you can. Q is spammable and you're going to want to have seeds as much as you can. Athene's Unholy Grail also a good item. Rod of Ages > Rylai's Crystal Scepter because all your spells are AoE and RoA gives mana for spell spam.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 1:33pm | Report
void staff?
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 1:48pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:
Why get Sorcs?

Because it's an AP mid and you can get CDR from other items like DFG or from the blue buff?

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 2:35pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Because it's an AP mid and you can get CDR from other items like DFG or from the blue buff?

If you're close enough to use DFG, you're probably too close. She has good range.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 2:45pm | Report
Well I wouldn't know about that since I don't play LoL atm and definitely not on the PBE >.>

Still though, CDR boots on AP mids, yikes :|

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
MissWitch
<Member>
MissWitch's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 3:03pm | Report
If you would like for me to review YOUR guide, send me a PM!
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 6:03pm | Report
I was figuring with a final build looking like this:

Boots of Choice (not sure yet between Mercs or Sorcs)
Rod of Ages
Athene's Unholy Grail
Rabadon's Deathcap
Void Staff
Zhonya's Hourglass

Gives a well rounded amount of offense and defense. I've tried the occasional Deathfire Grasp, but I just don't feel like she uses the burst effectively enough. She feels more about sustained damage to me than burst damage, as the only hyper burst is her ult. I suppose you could try something else instead of Rod of Ages if you don't plan on building it early.

Zyra seems to be really good going top lane as well. I've gone literally for 30 minutes and never running oom with only a Chalice of Harmony. She definitely seems a little better during lane phase than late game, but she does have great range and poke. Not to mention the farming capabilities.

An early Chalice of Harmony + a Doran's Ring seems to cover most survivability requirements in mid lane. It also allows you to spam the ever-loving hell out of her abilities and have a good change to win your lane. Early Rod of Ages will make you pretty hard to kill, yet it should give you a decent amount of damage for your entire combo.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
iownedya
<Member>
iownedya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 8:01pm | Report
Rylai's Crystal Scepter > Rod of Ages.

Your plant summons will proc Rylai's Crystal Scepter and after you die, you can slow enemies with your passive, too!
Zhonya's Hourglass, another great item. Use it when the enemy wants to fight you, but they ignore your plants. She has a similar playstyle to Heimerdinger, except she seems to rely less on turrets/plants, but on her abilities.
Athene's Unholy Grail is pretty bad on her, imo. You don't really spam "the ever-loving hell" with your skills.
Agreed with DFG being bad. You are getting in way too close to use that active.
Mercury's Treads seems to be the best boots on her, as she is prone to CC and usually dies due to it. You want to die as late as possible to use both your damage AND your passive, similar to Kog'Maw.

Summary:

Boots + Pots
Doran's Ring x2
Hextech Revolver
Mercury's Treads
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Will of the Ancients
Rabadon's Deathcap
Zhonya's Hourglass
Void Staff

Situational Items:
Guardian Angel
Rod of Ages
Abyssal Mask
Thanks to Xiron and ProAsylum (Ignition) for the amazing signatures!
If I helped out with constructive criticsm, I would appreciate a +rep

Check out my review shop here!
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2012 8:47pm | Report
She's all AoE, and her plants don't live that long, even if not destroyed. 10 seconds isn't going to help with slowing much, whereas an extra 300 health and 800 mana can help a lot.

Will of the Ancients is terrible. All AoE like I said, and he abilities aren't like Cass's where she can spam them every 1.5 seconds.

I find at least a Chalice of Harmony to be useful to be a real bully in lane. If you use your spells even semi-often, I find you run oom quickly. Chalice of Harmony really allows you to zone in my opinion.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide