Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[EUW] - Screenshots and Game Discussion - May

Creator: Jovy May 3, 2013 2:50pm
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2013 7:41am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
EDIT: The reason we lost bot because I was too busy QQ'ing that I had to face oxide in lane again, I didn't focus that much. I got tired of being forced to play vs him all the time :\

You asked me to balance by tier, so that's what you get :p

It could work out that you get to be on his team, but we'd need to be careful. Take G3 for example (because Khazem did not play that game, which is why this problem arises, there is no other "high tier" to balance with), here's how I did it (name, tier, wins, LKS):

Quoted:
Oxide, diamond, 1400, 1830
Meiyjhe the Epic, Silver, 1700, 1360
Roselight, Silver, 240, 1307
Barbarian J, Unranked, 400, NR
Nayaad, Unranked, 175, NR

vynertje, Platinum, 3000, 1850
M35 Mako, Silver, 800, 1446
Wayne3100, Silver, 1500, 1497
Ashcam, Silver, 1300, 1273
Pheyniex, Silver, 423, 1220

Based on tier, Oxide is stronger than anyone else, so you (vynertje) have to be opposite, and Oxide needs a handicap. To do this oxide gets the unranked players and the "less experienced" in terms of wins for supports (Roselight vs Apfeljack / Mako). In terms of wins, T2 has a 3k advantage. According to LKS, T2 has a 3k advantage as well. (Does this mean wins in a way correlate to skill?!?) Perhaps I stacked it too far against him, but I’ve been hearing people say that Diamond >>> Platinum, that in pure skill matchup the diamond player wins no matter what. In my head that registers as “he’ll carry this game no matter what against vynertje, he needs every disadvantage.”

If we were to stack you (vynertje) and oxide on the same team we'd need to heavily favor the other team for every other pick. This means that you guys should get the two unranked players, and I likely would have placed Roselight on this team (I played with Apfeljack / Mako in G1, and I like to try to match people who haven't played together that day).

Quoted:
Oxide, diamond, 1400, 1830
vynertje, Platinum, 3000, 1850
Roselight, Silver, 240, 1307
Barbarian J, Unranked, 400, NR
Nayaad, Unranked, 175, NR

Meiyjhe the Epic, Silver, 1700, 1360
M35 Mako, Silver, 800, 1446
Wayne3100, Silver, 1500, 1497
Ashcam, Silver, 1300, 1273
Pheyniex, Silver, 423, 1220

Is this a balanced lobby? In terms of wins they are 500 apart ~ yes. In terms of LKS T2 has a 2k advantage. Now every game is different, and with the same teams it can have different outcomes, so we'll never know if this would have a complete stomp or a decent game or a stomp the other way. Next week we can try to have you two on the same team, and we'll see how it goes.

Would anyone in this lobby have said "hey that looks unbalanced?" At first glance it looks like it favors T1 from tier, but the wins and LKS favor T2. Would people have been ok to try this?
I support utility guided virtue ethics.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2013 8:26am | Report
Quoted:
In terms of LKS T2 has a 2k advantage

lol, if everyone who's unranked is counted as 0, then yes. In other words, the chances are in T2's favour if the unranked players on T1 go afk :P

I personally care little about wins or elo. If you play with regulars often enough, you'll know how they match up. For new players, you go by what you know.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Apfeljack
<Altruistic Artist>
Apfeljack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2013 8:31am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
EDIT: your comment was mainly about a lack of communication, which is something different than making clear calls

I did in the end say that maybe we should assign team captain so someone feels responsible for making a positive flow of actions. That doesn't mean everybody else is supposed to keep their mouths shut, no. But at least make someone feel like they should lead a bit. Otherwise it's a bunch of people having good ideas but no certainty.
Also, it could be an optiobal thing, you know. When every team is in their own channels they can decide themselves if they want that or not. It's just something that might help some teams for better coordination.

@BarbJ: There is only one solution to his ---- I'll go hit Challenger tier. :D

I'm not completely sure why it's such a big problem for vynertje. I played with him against oxide (Quinn/Lulu vs Varus/Leona) and even though laning was hard because of their blue side advantage we eventually won the game, didn't we. I don't even think laning was that horrible. Not every bot lane can be a stomp and I believe that our team backed us up very well there.

If it's important for him to play with oxide at least a few times, then I don't want to be the one ruining the fun.
I guess it would be easier to balance if e.g. Khazem or Gott der Meere are in the same game.

Or when you can't put oxide and vynertje in a team no matter what, then maybe consider placing Roselight on vynertje's team. That might make vynertje more confident, as I know that bot lanes who have been playing together a lot have significant synergy. (I feel sorry for them anyway, that they never get to play on the same team and I always get this vibe that I'm not quite welcome as his support xD).
It's not like I only play support. I don't tick "AP" at the signups for nothing and I play a decent Jungle, too.

Props to you though, BarbJ. I think it's nice that you care so much about balancing and at least trying to make everyone enjoy the inhouses. I feel that it makes a great impact, I really enjoyed the inhouses a lot! Keep up the good work.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2013 10:42am | Report
I get matched against plat+ bot lanes in every game and you don't see me complaining. Well okay, that's an outright lie.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really having much fun in inhouses anymore.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2013 11:00am | Report
@ matchmaking:
Well I don't really have a problem with the matchmaking (I think it is really good overall), I just don't like having to face him every game in the same lane as well. Its annoying - even though I guess I should stop making a huge deal of it (Im intentionally overhyping it just for fun, even though I rest my case).
The only thing I would really like to stress is to never give the higher rated botlane blue side, simply because they will abuse it?

Edit2: Perhaps just make sure we're not on the same lane all the time, since last time I was

Edit: You're completely welcome as my support and I like playing with you just as much as I do with rose. You most likely will even be the better support as well, because rose has a more limited champion pool. The reason you might have the feeling that I don't, is because I have not played too much games with you so I might feel less comfortable
Wheew EUW
<Member>
Wheew EUW's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2013 11:05am | Report
@Barbj.

I thought oxide = teleport. (he is right 0.o?)
Well teleport is over 2k LKS so yeee.
Also I think I might start playing inhouse again but I still need to get plat :D

Bai :)
Check out my singed guide :)
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2013 11:48am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I get matched against plat+ bot lanes in every game and you don't see me complaining. Well okay, that's an outright lie.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really having much fun in inhouses anymore.

stop tryharding. =3

Sig made by Hogopogo
Roselight
<Member>
Roselight's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2013 6:07am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

because rose has a more limited champion pool.

challange accepted.

Anyway. For me, it all looks like this:
If I have to play against Vynertje, Oxide seems to be the only one who can beat him, therefore, my (only) hope.
Even if I get to be on Oxide's side, we ( so far) never won, because nobody was actually making calls, or if they were made, they weren't really followed. It seems like nobody is actually checking the minimap for teammate-postitions either...
We ended up running arround doing nothing, giving away every advantage we had. And that just seemed so sad to me. That was my second inhouse now. After the first, i thought: oh well, can happen. But it happened last week again and it's getting a bit frustraiting to be honest...

I agree with Mako that the teams should decide if they want to select someone as "captain". It might help those teams which are naturally not making many calls. I just think it's worth a try...

Don't want to offend anyone, and I'm sorry if I did, I'm just sharing some thoughts here, in the hope that it might help.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2013 6:24am | Report
thing with calls is no1 follows them,
it's like trying to lead a herd of donkeys or teaching small brats.

at some point the guy with the most experience usually /care and well, this is the result

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2013 9:19am | Report
If the teams decide they'd like to "elect" or choose someone to make calls, they're free to. People in the past have said that forcing the point though would remove the "fun" from the inhouses. If the players on a given team are ok with it, go for it. But we cannot make it a rule to establish a captain.
"Secretly I think Joe is an evil genius."

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide