Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

EUW - TT - 17/11/2012

Creator: Mowen November 13, 2012 1:12pm
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 9:49am | Report
Mowen wrote:

I might not attend.

WAT
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 1:05pm | Report
Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Sorry if the balance was a bit off, pretty much impossible to get it right when there's only 6 people to work with x_x
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 1:06pm | Report
QQ new TT sux
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 2:43pm | Report
Carry harder Khazem. You failed in game 3, do better next time :p
"You remind me of Good Will Hunting. Or Ramanujan. Take your pick."
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 6:11pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

Sorry if the balance was a bit off, pretty much impossible to get it right when there's only 6 people to work with x_x

Its always off.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2012 7:20pm | Report
No need to be negative Yuki. Khazem does a good job of balancing but there's only so much he can do. Games can also be one-sided without teams being imbalanced if the game just goes a certain direction.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 9:14pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

No need to be negative Yuki. Khazem does a good job of balancing but there's only so much he can do. Games can also be one-sided without teams being imbalanced if the game just goes a certain direction.

We srsly need some sort of value, it doesnt need to be the System of the Year 2012 or how riot calculates the ELO that is used for the 1on1 game called chess in a Game with Teamplay, but having SOMETHING would be better then having NOTHING :<
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 12:09am | Report
We do have something... we use knowledge of a player's skill, and if we don't know that we base it off number of wins / ELO. I am confused how you think we have no system to balance teams. It's not like Khazem wrote everyone's name on a piece of paper and drew them out of a hat.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 8:43am | Report
Knowledge of a player's skills is also limited to Opinion's and can be misleading, to give a perfect example of this: GMD thought(maybe he still thinks? I aint had much contact with him last couple months) DisturbedFox is one of the worst players he ever saw, yes he wasnt that good, but he improved quite a lot(and i prefer to support him over a certain 2100 Elo AD-Carry cuz Foxy-chan is much more aggresive <3~, but that aside xD) and GMD was still badtalking him at this point of the time. So if GMD would Host he would think of Disturbed as a "bad player" to Balance the Teams inhouse. You can say the same about me, last time i played inhouse with Luther i thought i cant trust what i see, this guy actually playing rly good.

Number of Win's isnt rly valuable anymore after a certain Number, i was attending a Tournament on Saturday and there was a Guy with 400 Wins and he was so friggin good.

Do i even need to start about how bad Elo is to take the Numbers into account? And then there are the people who dont rly play Ranked...

But i dont rly care anymore bout it since i realized the ppl i used to play with, except for Ichi, ditched me from LoL, so i dont even want to attend the inhouses anymore cuz i saw it as a Chance to play with people i like to play(and 95% of the Time im not in the Team with the People i used to play often with). SO i guess this Discussion is pointless.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 10:06am | Report
I don't think it is pointless, so let me say a few things, if that's ok?

From my experience in the inhouse, it's not solely based on opinions, nor numbers of wins, nor ELO. The host may think I have low skill, and put me on a team with someone else with high skill to attempt to balance to a neutral state. If others players in the lobby know that I am more skilled than the host seems to think, they will attempt to re-balance the lobby based on the suggestions. The same goes for wins and ELOs. A player might seem skileld because of an ELO or number of wins, but they might have difficulty when playing with person XYZ or in role ABC because of some reason. Those concerns are taken into account, and the lobby will try to be balanced.

As far as balance itself goes (in relation to Yuki's first post here), nothing can ever be balanced. Someone has to lose, someone has to have some advantage, or all the games will be unending. We try to get as close as we can, but "balance" is an ideal, and it cannot be reached.

Yes, balance is always off. But the point of the inhouses isn't to create a perfect environment of balance, the point is to learn and play. It doesn't have to be balanced to do that.
"Secretly I think Joe is an evil genius."

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide