Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

EUW - TT - 17/11/2012

Creator: Mowen November 13, 2012 1:12pm
1 2 3 4
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 10:34am | Report
I've hosted several inhouses and I can say none of them were truly balanced. A truly balanced game would have to not only include two teams of equal skill (which is what the hosts try to make based on wins/elo or their knowledge of a player), but would also need the host to tell all players exactly which role they would be playing, simply to prevent, for example, a 1200 elo player who would like to try top lane for a change from facing a 2k elo player who mains top lane, therefore pretty much automatically losing his lane and - if played correctly by the 2k player - hugely influencing the outcome of the entire game.

And then, even if we assume that were the case and the games were truly balanced in terms of skill, they could still be onesided, simply because of a team having better picks, making less mistakes, having better synergy as a team etc.
LoL games tend to snowball once one of the teams gets an advantage. That's how it works for every game, not only those that are unbalanced but also those that are played by players at the same elo who should (roughly) be of equal skill.

Point being: perfect balance is impossible. All we as hosts can do is try to make equal teams and ask for feedback of others before starting in case we got something wrong (this is the part where GMD would receive the feedback that DisturbedFox is not as bad as he thinks).

Also:

BarbJ wrote:

The point of the inhouses isn't to create a perfect environment of balance, the point is to learn and play. It doesn't have to be balanced to do that.

I have to agree on this one (although I don't feel like many people are receiving constructive criticism right now and it's more like we're playing together for fun, honestly :/ )

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 1:35pm | Report
learning something while being stomped by someone with 800 more elo than you is a bit of an oximoron...

unless that "800 more elo than you" player has some time to share to pin your mistakes in a replay or something, like i learned with my inhouse games with GMD and Wayne shoutcasting.

Sig made by Aquilegia
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 1:57pm | Report
How would you suggest balancing inhouses without using player skill, number of wins, or ELO as a guide?

As people said it's impossible to be perfectly balanced but I feel our hosts do the best they can. If you want to play with someone badly you should notify the host because they are not mindreaders. :( They would probably try to accomodate you as long as teams aren't too imbalanced.
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
Rainfall
<Member>
Rainfall's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 2:00pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

How would you suggest balancing inhouses without using player skill, number of wins, or ELO as a guide?

Alphabetical order, silly!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Signatures by TheNamelessBard & Jhoijhoi
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 2:47pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

As people said it's impossible to be perfectly balanced but I feel our hosts do the best they can. If you want to play with someone badly you should notify the host because they are not mindreaders. :( They would probably try to accomodate you as long as teams aren't too imbalanced.

i belive adressing an "how can it be more balanced" issue is bad since hosts already do what the ingame matchmaker does, with less players.

Rainfall wrote:

Alphabetical order, silly!

inverse date of last modification is way better.

Sig made by Tamy
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 8:19pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Thinking about some own rating for the inhouses.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2012 5:48am | Report
btw, didnt gmd shutcast this inhaus?

Sig made by elenah
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide