Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Host Feedback] - Suffix (Fruyti)

Creator: Mowen November 10, 2012 6:33pm
1 2 3 4
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2012 2:06pm | Report
I never said that balancing wasn't the hosts job.

My stance is that the host should balance the teams to what he thinks is fair (which he did), then they should give people the chance to give input on the balance. Like I said, just because they give the players a chance to say if they're dissatisfied with the balance doesn't mean they didn't balance it to the best of their abilities to begin with. Asking people is more interactive and can head off potential problems.

I don't think hosts should have a "you didn't say anything so it's your fault" attitude. I think that some people's points on how the balance could've been better are valid and anomaly should take that into account. However, I also think that since you had the chance to give input on the balance but chose not to pay attention you could've done more to help the game as well. I don't think it is "holding the hosts hand" to give input on balance, and for the last time just because he asks people if they're ok with the balance doesn't mean he didn't balance it well beforehand. I don't think that game was a "free loss." It wasn't that unbalanced but it could've been better.

Also, the fact that this is a public thread has nothing to do with the fact that you are saying bad things about bot lane. It's more about this thread is here to discuss Incapacitate, not how bot lane did. How bot lane played is different from bot lane's skill level (though related). I have fed in games where I was the top ELO, that doesn't mean it was the hosts fault for putting me on that team, and someone complaining to the host about how they put me on that team then I did bad is just shifting the blame.

If you don't enjoy how the games are run or the people in them then it would make sense for you not to come back. I'm not going to try to convince you to come to something you wouldn't enjoy. You are of course always welcome to come.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2012 2:01pm | Report
alright said i wasnt gonna post again but as this thread is pretty much simmering down at this point ill clear a few things up.

Mowen wrote:

I don't think hosts should have a "you didn't say anything so it's your fault" attitude. I think that some people's points on how the balance could've been better are valid and anomaly should take that into account.

okay, this was exactly the goal i was trying to achieve here. i got *****ed out for it but i dont really care now that we've established this.

Mooninites wrote:

Last I checked you were listed as the rank of Editor and a shoutcaster, and as you said before, "if you're going to have a title I expect you to do your job". Well, consider you have a title and you're fairly well respected among the community, I don't think it's outrageous to ask that you act like a member who deserves a title even after a loss

it's a bit different when it's a title you apply for (a job), rather than waking up in the morning and going "ooh look, they gave me a title".

Quoted:
I think you'll find, that no one agrees with you, not even your teammates or neutral shoutcasters.

actually i think that you can derive from this thread that there are some people that agree that the balance was off, even mowen admitted that. there were people who agreed with me after the game and i gave them the option to post in this thread, which they havent. thats okay.

Quoted:
Blames the entire NA scene for his issues, I wonder where the problem is, the 1 person, or the NA scene

yea, i spent like 5 minutes trying to feel bad about saying that i disliked the NA people but i just couldnt. i dont like the majority of the chatroom. i have no beef with most of the people on there but i just dont really find it a very fun environment... there are also a lot of chill people that dont talk very much =(. yeaaaaaaaaaaa. most of the old mobafire players have quit joining the chat and most of the time that'll probably be me now (except when i want to plug my stream *wink wink*). i am glad you will be able to keep breathing without me, that would be pretty bad if you couldn't :O.

one thing that is constant with mobafire, old and new, is the "i am never wrong" attitude. it's one of the hardest things to do but one of the best ways to get better. its probably the biggest reason why i feel there is always room for me to improve as a player. it almost pains me to see people doing stuff like going 3 wards instead of 4 on supports even tho i have said it literally everytime ive casted (people who i know watch the vods, i mean cmon guys) :/

cheers myfriends

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide