Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The Future of Inhouses

Creator: PsiGuard January 13, 2017 1:33pm
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2017 1:33pm | Report
What's Happening?

MOBAFire inhouse games will be moving from an official, scheduled system to an open one that allows anyone to host their own impromptu inhouses. This means:

• The rank of Referee will be removed.
  • There will be no official inhouse schedule.
  • There will be no regular inhouse raffle (unless inhouse hosts provide their own).
    • Note: We've been behind on the raffle so we'll still be catching up and giving out RP for the last few months.
  • Any community member can now host and moderate their own inhouse games.

Why the Change?

We've struggled to get inhouses on a regular schedule on both the NA and EUW servers, but over the past few months we've learned that the community seems to respond better to impromptu games that occur when interest is high, rather than regular games at the same time every week. Opening up inhouse-hosting to all community members and all times allows you to play community games at the times that work best for you.

How Do I Get Started?

To host your own inhouse games, create a thread in the Community Games subforum with the information for your inhouse games. Be sure to include the date and time of the inhouses in the title of your post so others can see when it's coming up You can organize your signups, game types and team balancing the way you want to, so take charge!

To join inhouse games, check the Community Games subforum for recent threads and leave a comment expressing your interest in joining. Be sure to check the thread to see if the host asks for any other information from you.

MOBAFire Discord Server

Whether you're looking to play in inhouse games or just want a place to talk with other community members, be sure to use the official MOBAFire Discord server!

Discord Server

Click here to instantly join the server in your browser.

You can also download the app for a more streamlined experience. Use the same link above to join the server; the app will add it to your list of known servers.

Once you've joined, set up your mic and speaker settings using the gear icon at the bottom-left, then left-click to join an appropriate channel.

Rules

• Do not spam using text or voice.
  • Racism is not tolerated at any level and will get you instantly banned.
  • Do not link adult material in the chat or anywhere else on the server.
  • Do not link to content that is in any way hazardous to a computer (e.g spyware, adware, malware).
  • General rules of behavior applies at all times. It shouldn't be that hard! :)
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Hoppermh
<Altruistic Artist>
Hoppermh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2017 1:47pm | Report
:( rip

<3? qq
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2017 10:41am | Report

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2017 11:54am | Report
Good riddance to something that was once good :3
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2017 3:06pm | Report
Strange as it may sound, inhouses were directly responsible for both the best period of my life, and the worst (nothing to do with the games).

I didn't play in many, but I had a fun time with the ones I did (except one that I got camped in grr). RIP.
I can't take back the words I never said
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2017 11:15am | Report
Inhouses lived and died by the referee, when you had refs that would troll or try and stack teams to favor them or their friends they were ****. Certain people were made referees that had no business being them.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2017 5:07pm | Report
I assume that was the issue on NA? Because on EUW people just decided they were playing soloQ
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2017 8:07pm | Report
yes on NA
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2017 4:38pm | Report
I'd like to thank all referees, both the old and new, for hosting the inhouses all these years. It was a great ride for how long it lasted. The same goes for everyone else who was a part of those weekend nights of course. Great rides. :^)

But seriously, it was awesome. Best part of MOBAFire by far in my view. It has formed the way I play League of Legends, and I've met some amazing people at the end of my robotic arm. (If you feel left out, just shoot me a message. We'll make a custom and all you have to do is just stand still while I take a minute to aim).

Looking at the few old screenshots that are left takes me back to those feelings of excitement, high tension, ****ty jokes, piles and piles of salt and that occasional shot of pure joy when things just came together, or when things just went hilariously wrong.

I'm not going to write a melancholic essay because I feel I've been doing way too much of them already. So, thanks everyone. I hope (and I've noticed) I'll still be meeting you occasionally on the fields of justice or whatever they're called these days. MOBAFire members are still the best bunch of gaming buddies I've come across. Until next!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2017 5:36pm | Report
I'd like to thank all referees, both the old and new

Yeah you better thank us for having to balance around yo *** :^)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide