Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Can ryze be beaten in lane? (plat diamond only)

Creator: throatslasher April 11, 2013 8:41pm
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2013 7:07am | Report
Ryze is to be culled early game. Cassiopeia, LeBlanc? NyJacky even pulled off Veigar against Ryze. Just bully him over.

Sig made by Aquilegia
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2013 9:02am | Report
I'm not great with cassio. I'm going to work on karthus and anivia.

The problem with low tier characters is you may win your lane, but then you're stuck playing brand or leblanc, major do nothings in the later stages of the game.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2013 9:34am | Report
I've seen a video by some plat guy saying that big zone champs do well vs ryze in lane at high level play (where you're bound to hit skillshots). Spoke of Lux, Cassiopeia, Syndra and Orianna specifically. Of course it usually demands a lot from the person not playing Ryze.
Creedless
<Member>
Creedless's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2013 9:54am | Report
In my experience, I found that Diana out-damages Ryze when you hit level 6. If you are worried about the harass, get Abyssal Mask over Nashor's Tooth first and start 7 health potions, 2 wards, 2 mana potions.

The problem with the match-up of course is your early-game and vulnerability to being ganked. Therefore, ward both sides of the river (or over the wall of the river bush if there is someone who can blink over the wall such as Fiddlesticks) and have magic resist runes.

If you want an edge, you can cheese Ryze by taking wraiths with your top-laner to get an exp advantage by hitting level 6 first and going all in.

I also find that going an AD bruiser mid like Xin Zhao works wonders due to his strong early-game damage output. You can kill most mids without escape like Ryze so long as you know the enemy jungler location. Just don't dive him under the turret due to his Rune Prison too early unless you can absolutely guarentee the kill. Even if you don't straight out kill him early at levels 2-4, you can still scare him out of lane, or make him farm under the turret, which makes him waste lots of mana since he doesn't have the mana sustain early in the game yet.
If I helped you out, +REP me ^_^
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2013 10:17am | Report
**** off creedless. ryze is diana's hardest counter.

learn something and then come back.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2013 10:22am | Report
Yeah **** off creedless. Learn stuff #nubcity
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2013 11:54am | Report
Twisted Fate does the job quite well, but then again you said you're not very good with safe mids so i unno.
Shove lane, farm wraiths, hit six first, port bot, acquire double kill for your ad-carry, you just won the game sonny boy.

Caitlyn does the job well too
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2013 1:32pm | Report
i can't say i've ever seen cait mid.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2013 1:50pm | Report
My best would be Lux since she's been my best mid for a long time and I played her a lot when Ryze was super popular in season 2 (back when two of the biggest mids were Ryze and Cass).

I've usually done fine with Kennen too because of the range advantage but I doubt you'd be looking to play Kennen mid. I haven't played that matchup in a long time anyway.

Orianna should be fine. It can be kind of tough because you have to land skillshots and he doesn't, but you still outrange him in lane and in team fights. You can shield some of his burst when he's comboing (same with Lux, actually) if you get snared.

Those are the three that I've had personal success with in mid, the rest are just ideas.

Xerath and Anivia can probably do well but I suck with Xerath and I have little Anivia experience. You could try Ziggs if you want, he has some pretty good range too.

Syndra maybe? She has ranged poke similar to Ori and some pretty good single-target burst. I haven't seen many Syndras but she seems to have a pretty decent kit for fighting Ryze.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2013 1:53pm | Report
ive seen cait mid on a few of the featured games and streams, it works if you have the right comp not that i know what it is

also have you thought about quinn? im not plat or anything but it looks like she could go mid with her roaming powers but i have no idea how she would do against ryze since im no good with the theory crafting or match ups
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide