Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Diesel's Ranked Road to Mediocrity

Creator: Diesel August 17, 2012 8:41pm
1 2 3
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 8:41pm | Report
Why hello everyone.

Y'all may not know me very well, but I've been on this website for quite awhile, playing League since Beta, and developing quite the love/hate relationship with it. But one thing that always intrigued me was Solo Queuing, mostly since you can find the loveliest of people there, but for the challenge that presents itself: lack of teamwork, trolls, afkers, you name it. My goal is to tackle this beast somehow. And maybe get Bronze. That would be cool.

Here is where I stand:

Sad I know, but I think if I put some heart in to it, I can get back to 1290 and possibly further. So I'll be playing my first game soon and post the results here. Catch y'all in the Rift!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 9:00pm | Report
gud luck :D
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 9:08pm | Report
YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF :D
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 9:13pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF :D

KICK CHOP IT'S ALL IN THE MIND.

I GOTTA BELIEVE!
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 9:27pm | Report
Good luck, make sure to wreak faces!
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 10:15pm | Report

GAME #1:

Bans:

Morgana / Malphite
Shen / Blitzcrank
Alistar / Amumu

Music of Choice:

The Cool Kids (Black Mags)

Summary:

I wanted ADC, but Graves and Nunu were duo'ing, so I respected their teaming and went mid as TF. I'm guessing I got counterpicked by Annie because my squishiness and her easy combo is a good pick against me. I didn't do too bad against her, only dying once against her with her jungler, Xin Zhao, helping out and finishing the kill under my tower. Their team was much tankier than ours and we lacked the amount of damage they could dish since they were focusing properly, taking out either Darius or Graves immediately. They left me alone mostly during fights because my damage is not constant, so if we lost either of our main damage builders, we would eventually lose the teamfights: which is exactly what happened.

MVP:

StyleYo as Jax. He only died those deaths late-game playing super-offensive and diving because he could. Once he had Darius out-played in Top lane, he had switched up roles with Xin Zhao and dominated around the jungle, countering our Sion well and terrorizing lanes very efficiently. Even though he was taunting the entire time and being a complete bro, I gotta give it to him: man can ball out as Jax, and he really made my life miserable.

Total ELO:

Total ELO Gain/Loss:

Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 10:19pm | Report
Well here's some advice on builds = stack dorans when losing. If you're getting bursted down get a Negatron --> Abyssal
Early void + lich is kinda useless :/

Against annie you should be able to do fine as long as you roam with your global presence.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 10:30pm | Report
Quoted:

Well here's some advice on builds = stack dorans when losing. If you're getting bursted down get a Negatron --> Abyssal
Early void + lich is kinda useless :/

Against annie you should be able to do fine as long as you roam with your global presence.

I felt I was doing okay, She had only one assist in the first 15-20 minutes of the game and I was beating her in CS for awhile. I didn't really feel like I was losing to Annie, but more so to the other opponents like Xin and Jsx. Nonetheless, how many Doran Rings would be sufficient?
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 10:33pm | Report
I'd say at least one.
2 at most

What I build on TF is this:

Boots+3 pots
Doran's Ring / 2
Sorc
Kage's lucky pick
Deathcap
Deathfire's grasp
Lich Bane
Void staff
Zhonya's
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2012 10:50pm | Report

GAME #2:

Bans:

Shen / Zyra
Shaco / Morgana
Malphite / Vladimir

Music of Choice:

Muse (Falling Down)

Summary:

Duo'd with my roommate and someone who's much better than I am, NG Lord. Still trying my reins in Mid, this time going Ryze seeing how my buddy runs face with him, so I decided why not. And I end up facing my favorite mid character Twisted Fate anyway, how bout that? I farmed particularly well, and though we had a support Fiddlesticks which to me makes zero sense, it made total sense as they dominated bottom lane while I fugged up for the first half of the game. But when the team fights started and I got Archangel's Staff and Rod of Ages, I finally had some umph on my abilities and did a good bit, as we forced them to surrender.

MVP:

Riven by ChaoticBeat and Nocturne by NG Lord.

Their 1-2 combo in team fights did so much work that it caused the enemy team to try and go after them first, leaving me and Fiddlesticks to mop up and Caitlyn to add damage from the back. It was like a brick wall that hurt a lot, what a combo.

Total ELO:

Total ELO Gain/Loss:

+5
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide