Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

ELO Hell discussion

Creator: Mintleaves September 7, 2012 7:48am
Mintleaves
<Member>
Mintleaves's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2012 7:48am | Report
What do you think ELO Hell is?

ELO Hell in my mind is a set of mind, you are only in it if you have the wrong mindse. Take me for example I have won 11 games and lost 20. In my first 16 games I lost because I would always rage against my team, then a Tryndamere the nicest player in the world informed me that ELO Hell is a state of mind, that being mad = bad, being nice = wins, so if you rage against your team, then you are in ELO Hell, if you don't then you are the victim of enormously strings of bad luck. Hope this helps if not then thats all I got.

~*Mintleaves*~

Please don't judge others opinions.
Check out my guide and +Rep if I helped please.

Thanks to Wombo, JhoiJhoi, Keondre, MissMaw, Arcana3, TinyStar & Effinvices for the amazing sigs! <3
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2012 7:54am | Report
For me ELO hell is what you are in when you think you have a lower ELO than you deserve. It's basically overrating yourself, and blaming others for it.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2012 8:19am | Report
Well I personally don't have a definition for it because I don't believe such a thing exists, but all I know for sure is that the people who complain about it and blame it are not good players :)
Mintleaves
<Member>
Mintleaves's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2012 8:23am | Report
Quoted:

Well I personally don't have a definition for it because I don't believe such a thing exists, but all I know for sure is that the people who complain about it and blame it are not good players :)

LoL I dont blame it, if I say I think lol is my state of mind then I'm blaming myself xD

BTW love the feedback this thread is getting.
Check out my guide and +Rep if I helped please.

Thanks to Wombo, JhoiJhoi, Keondre, MissMaw, Arcana3, TinyStar & Effinvices for the amazing sigs! <3
Hyogetaki Hisame
<Member>
Hyogetaki Hisame's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2012 4:09am | Report
Elo hell is only in the mind, as long as you refuse to acknowledge your errors and to blame others, your deep in it. I used to think that way and my Elo dropped a lot, then I found out that whatever your elo is, it doesn't mean anything, and that most of the time, and whatever the role you have, you can end up carrying your team as long as they try to win, and you avoid making the "game throwing" mistakes.

I'd actually add that in the supposed elo hell, I ended up becoming a better player than when I was desperately hanging to the 1200 elo mark, and i'm enjoying myself a lot.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide