Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Neo's ELO Tour!

Creator: utopus May 4, 2015 9:26pm
210 posts - page 1 of 21
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 21
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 9:26pm | Report
Welcome to my Ranked Thread :) I'll be using this for documenting my progress in soloqueue. I firmly believe that the 2nd best thing aside from practicing is analyzing your own play, and i'll be doing that here. If you're looking to improve, it might do you good to follow along with some of my analyses: You might just get something out of them xD If you have any suggestions / recommendations, please let me know! I'm very open to both criticism and suggestions to make my thread more enjoyable to follow

I'll try my best to include every game, but I'm awfully forgetful, so I'm not holding myself to any particularly high standard when it comes to the consistency of posting games; Additionally, if a game is a stomp and there isn't much to learn from it, I might choose not to include the game.

The goal for this season is to reach top 5,000 in NA, while also working on diversifying my specialty roles. Some things that I'll be looking to improve are: My consistency in Top lane performance, improving my CS in mid lane, learning how/when to perfectly roam in mid lane, being more committal and aggressive in mid lane, improving my gank spacing (+rep if you get the pun) when jungling, and playing less recklessly when ADCing. I don't know exactly what I need to do to improve my support play, so I won't comment on that just yet. Lastly, I'll be looking to diversity my champion pool for all of these roles.

Roster
Jungle
Mid
ADC
Support

Starting Rank After Placements:

Goal: Diamond 2
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 10:01pm | Report
Anyways, Here's my first game posted below.
credits

Game 1

LSI code!

We had a vlad that stole our shyvana's top pick without telling us. He didn't play too hot :< I think at one point he said he was high LOL
Anyways, Shyvana was forced into jungle, and she did very well carrying us. Graves really respected the varus + nami matchup, so my aggressive playstyle didn't really sync well with his propensity to farm and take free AAs. I asked him to all-in when we hit 6, and we actually did pretty well, acing them at one point. I was quite happy with my janna play there, as I was able to save shyvana and help her secure 2 more kills, so there's that. We didn't have enough map pressure to really make use of shyvana's good plays.

There was one really embarassing point where I tried to flash ulti jayce , but I forgot that my Monsoon was on cooldown from an earlier skirmish, so I ended up just Flashing to my death LOL.

An unfortunate, but nearly unavoidable loss. I'll see if I can have more games come your way

Game 2

LSI Code!

A little disheartening of a game, to be honest. My sivir told me that she would play aggressively, and then took free autos from janna for all of level 1. I got vayne down to 30% by the time we hit level 2, but janna got sivir down to 30% as well, which is kinda sad tbh. Anyways, they went aggressive on sivir, and instead of fighting a duel that I think we would've won, she tried to run away, and ended up burning flash and dying. The sivir said that she was frustrated that I was autoing minions, which was pretty funny lol.

Volibear tried earnestly to gank for us, but it just didn't end up working out; Janna had a lot of stuff warded, and we didn't have a good way of clearing the wards. Volibear got a successful gank off in our lane, but a good TP from my opponents top laner without follow up from our top laner forced a 2v3 that we lost. Sivir started harassing the volibear, and the poor guy ended up ragequitting.

I don't think my support style is conducive with the current ELO i'm playing in, so I think i'll just play carry roles until I can duo queue with an ADC that plays just as aggressively as me.
-

TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 10:58pm | Report
Looks like you can use some back-up, maybe a mid-laner perhaps
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 11:13pm | Report
Game 3

LSI codes!

Total stomp; I must say that playing carry roles is working out a lot better than when I was playing support roles, even though I main support. My Morgana was quite aggressive, right from level 1. With her autoattacking lucian and sona so far out, and some nice bindings, she managed to chunk both of thel to below 40% by the time we hit level 2. A nice LoS binding allowed us to get a kill on sona. Left at like 300 HP, I outplayed a gank from vi, that ended up getting me a 2nd kill around the 5' mark.

Morg caught lucian and sona out two more times later, and i ended up getting Pickaxe + B. F. Sword by the 7:00 mark, which pretty much meant the game was over.
-

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2015 11:20pm | Report
Game 4

LSI code!

Pretty yucky game. I destroyed annie early. Roamed top, got fb from jax. Forced annie's flash first my level 6 burst, forced Vi's flash with my level 6 burst. Things were looking pretty good. Eventually, they 4 pushed mid, and after that, I lost all my map presence. After they 4 pushed mid and took my tower, I vi, nautilus, and annie camped my lane to keep me down and out of the game. By this time, any time I could get in range to combo annie, she could one combo me with RQW. I tried to hard to get top lane rolling; I roamed top twice, when in reality, I should've stayed mid and kept annie down, or even ganked bot, since bot was getting destroyed
-

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 2:03am | Report
I think you kinda skipped the intro + "this-is-what-I'll-be-playing" part of this thread. Good luck though! :)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 2:23am | Report
Hmm. Can I copy your general intro? Your BBCoding is wonderful
-

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 2:29am | Report
Sure :)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Maintained
<Stalker>
Maintained's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 4:36am | Report
Good luck with your climb ^_^

Special thanks to Jovy for the signature! Check out her shop
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2015 9:48pm | Report
Looks like you can use some back-up, maybe a mid-laner perhaps

Or a jungler\adc? We should duo more some time, I'm available tomorrow
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 21

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide