Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Neo's ELO Tour!

Creator: utopus May 4, 2015 9:26pm
210 posts - page 20 of 21
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2016 12:40am | Report
Game 9

Replay gg link

Interesting game. An AP Jhin really carried the game for us. o-o'
I was able to stop Zed from killing my carries off though. And then he started to ult me... and ruin my KDA >.>
Game 10

Replay gg link

Played against texas tech. The Blitzcrank wasn't very good, however the Gnar and Orianna really well. Some good GNAR!s into Command: Shockwave really delayed the game and almost turned the game on its heels. Thankfully, the Kog'Maw was controlled before he started getting really big.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2016 12:55am | Report
Game 11

No replay gg link for this game :(

I chose Braum as a counterpick to Syndra. I felt like most of the time, I didn't even have time to save unbreaking for realy important abilities like Unleashed Power. my opponent's team dealt a lot of ****ing damage, and I would often melt like butter trying to defend my carries. Thankfully, my concussive blows were enough to save my carries a lot of the time - which was a relief, because the Nautilus on the opponent team was a monster. Absolutely unkillable. I think before our comeback, the naut was like 11/5 or something like that. It was just disgusting how much damage he could tank. Thankfully, we had more sustained DPS as the game progressed, and the utility of Glacial Fissure + corki super rocket made fights very clean for us.

Game 12

no Replay gg link this time :(

This was an interesting game, and i'm actually really disappointed i couldn't catch a replay of this game to analyze. My opponents initiated a lane swap, and we were able to decisively come ahead of it - i think only because the opponent Vi was an INCREDIBLY bad jungler. I felt like an idiot this game though. I spent so much time roaming needlessly, and I think that there were so many better things I could have done with my time, and I just couldn't decide on one right thing to do. Due to our success with the early game, we were able to snowball our lead and convert it into towers and map pressure. Our opponents crumbled like dust.

Game 13

Replay gg
Usually Soraka games are really stale to watch. I think that my positioning in fights was fine, but I think that I played like too much of an idiot early game. A stupid fail of roam on my part let my opponents turn mesa's 1-for-0 into a 1-for-1.
-

Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2016 1:06pm | Report
that kefkazix guy looks like a beast
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2016 1:18pm | Report
I really love playing AP Jhin i'm glad to see someone else is playing it lol.

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 6:45pm | Report
It's surprisingly good, although i think that's just because people don't know how to play against it just yet. I still think that AD jhin is better :P
Game 14

Replay gg link

This was a disappointing game. Thalia and I left laning phase like 3-0, however Nautilus got dumpstered by Tahm Kench top. He was literally unkillable, and some continued poor play from our solo laners lead to an unkillable Tahm Kench, and a fed corki :(

Game 15

No point in replay.gg ing this replay.
Yasuo basically AFKed after being solo killed by Zed at level 4. Blamed me for not ganking.

Game 16

No replay.gg game available
Unfortunately so, too. This game, I played like absolute garbage. Jhin and I had totally different playstyles, and I wasn't mindful enough of his passive playstyle, so I often took losing trades, and relinquished most of my lane presence through getting poked down. Aside from some good Tidal Waves, I had very low impact on this game and was largely carried. As much as I love to play Nami, I just don't think I can play her well enough in ranked.
-

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 7:03pm | Report
Game 17

Replay gg link
AAnd that's it folks, no more Nami play in ranked from me. I did okay in lane, however a good the package from Corki split up Kog'Maw and me, and made us lose the 2v2. Towards the mid game and late game, our opponents Dominated vision in our jungle. We literally couldn't get wards down. I think i placed like 60 some odd wards in that game and they. kept. getting. cleared. I literally couldn't do anything; I needed someone to help me ward, but our team didn't have anyone that could brush check - although in hindsight, Kog'Maw could have used Living Artillery to facecheck for me. It doesn't matter though, because i'm never playing this fish in ranked again xDD

Game 18

Replay gg link
Depite the ****ty score, from me and Caitlyn, we actually went even in bot lane. Often times, Fizz ganked bot. Unfortunately, he kept on getting the kills; A couple times, Lucian got the kill on Caitlyn while he was ganked and traded a 1-for-1.
Gnar got absolutely dumpstered by Singed though. It was savage to watch him repeatedly kill Gnar over and over again.
during the mid game we were slightly behind. Unfortunately, Fizz mispositioned (didn't stay grouped with us), and died. our opponents got such a lead from that that Singed was totally unkillable.

Game 19

No replay.gg file available.
TIL Rammus is a strong counterpick to Kog'Maw. All of my laners won lane, so the game was probably won even if I didn't do much. I did gank lanes quite a bit though, and really helped Teemo deal with Tahm Kench. An early Thornmail was bought by me to stop the Kog'Maw, who despite being 0/0/0 for the first 12 minutes of the game, REALLY started to hurt once he bought his guinsuoo's rageblade. It was quite funny actually - Kog'Maw literally just suicided himself when attacking me due to all of the damage coming back at him.
-

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 7:24pm | Report
Game 20

replay gg link
This probably should've been a dodge kind of game. I locked in an early Morgana, when in reality I needed to play something tankier, like Braum or even more preferrably, Alistar. Despite this, Xerath almost carried the game. He played really well, however Lee Sin just kept on catching out carries (i.e. not me and Xerath) and killing them. I ought to reflect more on what I could've done better to win this game.

Game 21

Replay gg link
This was a disappointing game from me - and one that shows that I really need to shape up my jungle game. Jax also was largely unresponsive to team play, and gave brian and roger a lot of flak when they asked him to help out. Apparently, the Morgana was atrocious as well, and roger was pretty annoyed at that. Deep down inside, that actually made me happy, since it inadvertantly means that he likes my playstyle better than the normal Diamond support :))
In terms of itemization, I think that frozen fist was a garbo item on Gragas and I instead should have opted for something like deadman's plate or randiun's omen. I also spent a lot of time walking back and forth between different parts of the map. There was often action happening on different parts of the map and I would try and get to things that ended well before I actually got there. Lastly, I need to learn (hopefully from my mentor) how to juggle CS better in the jungle ;)

Game 22
Replay gg file
Not that it'd be necessary anyways. Xin Zhao was clearly boosted. I don't say it too often, but there are times where it's super obvious that the guy was boosted. You just know. There were so many signs - from the 1:15 Teleport to his tower in top lane, to the first blood at 4 minutes, and then another death at 8:00, and then another death at 12', and another one at 13'. He had the bronze icon in season 5, and just do stupid **** like Audacious Charge into the opponents team by himself at like the 30' mark and instadie. I got **** for trying to defend him and save him from all the stupid **** that he did. While he did something stupid, I honestly did think that I had a chance at saving him. Anyways, mid lane lost as well, so the game was basically unwinnable i think.

Game 23

replay gg link
After last game's saltiness, embracing and I queued separately, and ended up getting paired up against eachother. Hilariously enough, I paired up with another Nidalee OTP. Lolskill of the guy i queued with vs Lolskill of embracing. My duo partner picked away Nidalee.
I'm actually really happy that I won this game. I was underperforming the past couple of games, and this game kind of showed brian that I do play the game OK :)
Zilean support is confirmed still a super strong counterpick to Zed though. I hope to see more of him played competitively (hey! a man can dream, right?)
I was on point with my Time Bombs though.
-

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 8:03pm | Report
Game 24

replay gg link
What a hilarious game. I managed to steal so many of my duo partner's kills unintentionally, that he actually started to get annoyed at me. I was kind of disappointed that I died so often though. The Draven was really mechanically skilled, but was also thick skulled when it came to listening to me. I would ping him back because of TP flanks or roams down to bot lane, and he'd instead just try to 1v2 the Janna + Kog'Maw lane, which he actually did quite often. Against probably my better judgment, I would help out Draven and end up trading 1 for 2s, where he gets his passive procced.
Thankfully, I was tanky enough late game to eat the poke that my opponents threw at me long enough for my duo partner to continue going off.

Game 25

replay gg link
This was such a great game by me. The Elise was really incredible though. The Elise timed a gank in bot lane perfectly if you check the replay, you'll notice around the 4:30 mark, he avoids a ward by seconds and we get the kill on Janna. About a minute later, Ezreal and I are pushing into Kog'Maw's tower, and by that time, she farms a camp and then helps us dive him. Unfortunately, due to a miscommunication, Ezreal took tower aggro before me and died after getting the kill.
Around the 9:15 mark, I realized that Morgana would be spotted by my opponent's sighstone ward, and instead of waiting for the minion wave to hit tower (which would've absolutely telegraphed a tower dive and might have given Janna and Kog'Maw enough time to back off due to Morgana being unable to close the diving net
-

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 8:14pm | Report
utopus wrote:
I was underperforming the past couple of games, and this game kind of showed brian that I do play the game OK :)

i gave you blunt advice because you've been vocal about wanting to improve. i'm taking attention away from my own play to give criticism to other people i queue with.

it'd be a lot nicer if you actually told me that you didn't want me to criticize you for your play instead of acting like everythings fine and then talking behind my back.

i don't expect people that i've played more than a few games with to not understand what type of a person i am when it comes to league. i'm vocal about giving criticism and i'm more than willing to take it.

i have teammates and friends that are able to appreciate what i do, and since it's apparent that you don't appreciate it and are more than willing to go behind my back and rant, i know who i'm not playing with.

also,

utopus wrote:
Lolskill of the guy i queued with vs Lolskill of embracing.

really dude? was that necessary? don't be a passive aggressive ****.
Maintained
<Stalker>
Maintained's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2016 8:59pm | Report
I really want to know the backstory to what happened between you guys now

Special thanks to Jovy for the signature! Check out her shop

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide