Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

S5 Ranked: One Way Ticket to Hell

Creator: Wayne3100 January 21, 2015 8:10am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 20 33
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2015 8:10am | Report
Hey guys!

For Season 5, I thought it'd be a good idea for me to start a ranked thread again to update you all on my progress (and of course to have something to look back on later myself).

Unlike in my S2 and S3 ranked threads, I'm not planning to include every game, because doing so can take quite a bit of time and I feel it'd be better for me to spam a few games in a row before picking the most memorable game from the series and talking about it here (no, that does not mean there will only be victories & positive scores).

The goal for this season is to reach Diamond while also working on a lot of things for all individual roles (such as proper minion wave control in top lane, roaming in mid lane and objective control while jungling). To do so, I'll be trying to stick mostly to the following champions:

Roster
Jungle
Mid
ADC
Support

Note that this roster might change over the course of the season as I will be constantly trying to learn other champions (in normals) too. In terms of deciding which role to pick while in champion select, my order will be Top > ADC > Support > Mid > Jungle (though I tend to end up filling more often than I should as a result of teammates asking for roles I'd like to play).

I'm not sure whether I'll start playing ranked right away since I have some exams coming up soonTM, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to make the thread now. Wish me luck!

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2015 8:12am | Report
Pretty solid roster. Good luck for the placements.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2015 8:24am | Report
Good luck!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2015 8:47am | Report

Such a pretty thread! Good luck Wayne c:
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2015 10:17am | Report
Good luck, specially in your promos :)

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2015 2:05pm | Report
Just finished placements on my smurf that reached level 30 on the day of the reset (IGN: Zuhla). I wasn't really planning to post about my smurf games (and I'm pretty sure I won't be doing so in the future unless maybe I reach a new tier or something), but I figured I'd share this just to show I have been playing a bit in between my exams.

The idea on this account is actually for me to pick some of my weaker roles as much as possible (or simply to fill often), but since I wanted to avoid it being in Silver and I haven't played many serious games in the preseason, I did go pretty tryhard with mostly normal picks in my placements (2x Jarvan IV/ Irelia/ Caitlyn, 1x Renekton/ Lucian/ Ahri/ Jayce, with those final two being the only ones I have very little experience on).

I won't bother to post all individual screenshots, so have the last placement result + some stats instead:

Not sure whether I'll play my placements on my main account next or whether I'll play more on this account first. Pretty happy about my play in most games though.

Edit: oh, and thanks guys! :)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2015 2:11pm | Report

A post!

Grats Wayne, how far do you plan to go with Zuhla?
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2015 4:16pm | Report
You mean in terms of rating? I don't really have a goal for it, to be honest :x

Considering the fact that I'll be playing my weaker roles / filling, I would guess there's a good chance for it to stay in gold for a bit.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 1:25am | Report
Good luck!
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 7:46am | Report