Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2016 8:10pm | Report

Had anywhere from 22-600 ping in this game at varying stages. Made it really hard to play. Fortunately it really started after laning phase, so I was already ahead due to some ganks from Olaf and some Blitzcrank hooks to back them up.

Going to check wiring and such to seeing what might be screwing with my ping, which is usually around 19-22ms most days. Really frustrating to play when you character randomly appears in new locations.

Had Ahri not been crushing it I don't think we would have one this game, if we would have had to lean on me to carry.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2016 9:40pm | Report

I had no idea what my support or pretty much the rest of my team was doing. Sion was late getting to lane so we got beat to level 2. Orianna got dumpstered. Yasuo got dumpstered. My support pretty much committed suicide a couple of times in lane. Just really wasn't a way to pull this one out of the toilet.

Oh, ping is better. Apparently my modem got reset to 30Mbps, so I wasn't getting nearly the throughput that I should have.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2016 10:34pm | Report

And I got ****ped on. Xin Zhao was on me like stink on a load of **** from red buff on. I was so far behind it was silly. And all Xin really had to do was build armor because our entire team was AD, which was a mistake on my part not realizing it until the last instant, but I figured we needed a tank and Skarner is somethat decent at that.

Need to mark Xin in the potential invader column.

Done with ranked for the night.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2016 12:53pm | Report

This game started out rough. Zed died at least twice before I completed my first jungle clear and one of those deaths was when I pinged out Hecarim and cautioned Zed and Rumble to get back. smh

Hecarim had one of those games I always dreamed about having on Hecarim but have only rarely managed. Every early gank successful. Stupid fed. Sterak's Gage so we couldn't even kill him by unloading a heap of damage on him. Fortunately for us that ended up translating into I'm Unkillable disease and he wasn't in fact unkillable. Their limited coordination fell apart and our Miss Fortune got huge in the process. I sat on her late game and she was able to wrack up a pentakill while we had Baron buff and I had enough health and armor to tank the turrets we needed to cut through.

-Remember that Dr. Mundo is not the greatest duelest early game because his abilities use his health.
-Three items in is a different matter.
-Don't accidentally toggle off Heart Zapper in a team fight unless I need to.
-Just because you think you have enough health and armor to survive Illaoi's ult doesn't mean you do, especially if you are at the center of the four tentacle slam.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2016 1:54pm | Report

I was feeling some Xin Zhao, possibly due to getting dumpstered by one a few games back (which is a terrible reason to pick a champion, unless you know them reasobably well).

One of the most problematic things about coordinating in Silver is taking fights when you are out numbered. You have to make as clear as possible to your team that they need to wait until everyone is together. And sometimes nothing you will do will get that accross. The bloodlust will overwhelm sense and map awarness.

Glad to have some games break my way today.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2016 9:16pm | Report

Should have dodged with the first pick Teemo and second pick Pantheon. Sigh. No one bucked up and tanked it up.

We lost a turret and inhib because two of our teammates were by Baron pit for no reason that I could fathom. Le sigh.

Had an opportunity to take Baron. Diana dives in a mops the floor with all of us and gets Baron because Xin Zhao didn't have Smite.

Freaking clown fiesta. Their clowns were just a little more coordinated than ours.

-Must remember that every bush contains an assassin, especially when they have assassins on their team.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2016 10:06pm | Report

Our Mid claimed to be an ADC main so I switched with him. Worked out okay. Elise tried to "gank" a time or two which effectively amounted to some drive-by damage or a Cocoon when I wasn't in position to follow up, so I just worked on wave clearing vs Malzahar and had a more effective Teleport than he did.

Gangplank is annoying, since he can get you with a triple barrel even if you think you are safe. Had to buy some armor to deal with that as best I could.

Alistar did okay Top lane and had some decent roams. Was really worried about that matchup.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2016 8:15pm | Report

Got a one auto leash from Brand which butterfly effect cost Teemo his life as if I had been where I should have been in my jungle I would have gotten to Teemo and Darius before Darius potted up, healing up to the point that I didn't want to risk giving a double kill to Darius, so I backed off and Teemo gave it up by the time I finished Rift Scuttler , so I went and took Sion's chicken instead before going back to my jungle.

Ezreal and Brand did most of the heavy lifting, while Nunu & Willump and Teemo caused chaos around the map. I just tried to back up the team where it looked like I could be the most useful, including sitting on Brand and Ezreal when necessary to keep Darius off of them.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2016 9:08pm | Report

Riven was mopping the floor with Brand. Irelia was holding her own vs. Nasus. I managed to get to Top lane about the time he was starting to win all-ins, so we teamed up to kill him a time or two. Heimerdinger and Vayne were doing okay vs Sona and Jhin. We had good ward coverage so Olaf didn't get to have and incredible impact on the game.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2016 10:19pm | Report

What a scatterbrained cluster. Nasus conveniently DCd for a while allowing Fizz to free farm while Nasus wasn't farming. It meant that I got the lane farm, but I wasn't able to be on the map helping the other lanes and they were definitely up to some silly **** while I was otherwise occupied. Karma kept walking into unwarded bushes and getting deleted. Veigar got caught trying to farm side lanes a couple of times, Karma ran to his rescue once and didn't shield him. Slow wasn't going to do him much good with Fizz on top of him.

The game would have played out better if Nasus had just sat under his turret and farmed up, like he might get ganked by Rammus at any time, but that didn't happen so Fizz was well off enough that he could turret dive Nasus with help from Rammus to tank the tower. The two Sheen items might explain a few things.

I could tank four of them for a while but I couldn't do enough damage to finish anyone off after our carries were dead.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide