Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2017 11:13pm | Report

Vi and Hecarim were banned and we needed a tank, so I decided to bring out the Zac attack. I still don't quite feel like I'm getting the mileage out of the champion I should, but he does get tanky and is annoying to deal with because of his Cell Division and ability to initiate and disrupt fights. Though really this game, Pantheon would ult in and then I would Elastic Slingshot in as a follow-up and then disrupt their plans with Let's Bounce!.

Things were going along pretty well. Pantheon was mostly winning Top lane and roamed to Bot lane to help them get some kills with Grand Skyfall. However later, Fiora Teleported in and picked up a tripe kill vs me, Tristana, and Bard IIRC. She later picked up a bunch more kills in a Mid lane skirmish and I though uh-oh! But after that my team kept chain CCing her long enough for us to DPS her down. I honestly think if they had an ADC they might have been able to win some of the fights that they lost, but they had more burst than sustained damage. Of course they wouldn't have gotten as many towers as quickly as they did with a standard ADC. Fortunately, Syndra kept solo killing Jarvan IV who was trying to splitpush, which took a lot of pressure off of us.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2017 11:05pm | Report

Not going to lie, I thought this game was dunzo. Lee Sin had some good early ganks and spent quite a lot of time in my jungle annoying the hell out of me. Kayle was getting dumpstered by Quinn and Braum kept dying in Bot lane. Talon was roaming and getting some work done, but so was Veigar.

But we beat them out of our base after they managed to take Bot inhibitor, then Miss Fortune started getting some good ults off. Late game we pushed them back into their own Mid outer turret and then Talon said it is go time and jumped into the middle of their team from over a wall with Edge of Night active and we oblitered them. Only Quinn was left up and she died trying to defend the Mid base turret. They surrendered once we were on their Nexus turrets.

Kind of wish I had that last team fight on vid as they really did just explode when Talon went in, I went in, and Miss Fortune unloaded her ult on them. Disgusting. XD
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2017 10:37pm | Report

Wow we made this hard on ourselves. People not rotating when asked and pinged. Look a giant minion wave at this turret that they are not at! How about we take that rather than trying to run head long into them with a turret backing them up? Nope. We got the first baron and then all managed to die somehow without actually getting anything done with it. Then Baron and Elder Dragon were up about 15 seconds apart. I pinged Baron and Noc went to Elder Dragon. We managed to take Baron without getting it sniped by Ezreal. I guess he thought Noc would be with us if we were doing Baron. Me too...

Fortunately we kept catching Quinn out later in the game. And we still somehow managed to lose some 4v5 fights...

Glad this one came out with a V because the amount of stupid I witnessed made me want to get something out of the game other than that.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2017 10:58pm | Report

I actually didn't want to play Ivern but we were going to be all AD and the was the only somewhat APish jungler I though I might have a chance to be effective on, plus tank and annoying. I stole a good chunk of Shyvana's camps throughout the game, but the lanes weren't doing all that well. Fizz for some reason opted into a Lich Bane first item vs Zed so he died to Zed more often than he killed Zed. Mid game we made a comeback with some team fights that went in our favor, but we had no dragon control, so those were staking against us. We got beat up in a team fight so had to run away, Fizz decided to push Top lane into nothing. Caitlyn and Sona went down and collected our Top Inner turret. Then whatever was working in the previous team fights came unglued and we started losing the fights (drake bonuses mebee? though it really felt like we just weren't as coordinated in the later fights).

I talked to Fizz who I was duoing with after they game and they said they tilted off the face of the planet. Partially due to not being able to farm vs. Zed and also due to the fact that Fizz wasn't one of their mainstay champions.

Oh well. I felt like I did a good job counter jungling, but I didn't do the best job of keeping track of Shyvana. I had a good Kha'Zix game earlier where I predicted where the enemy Lee Sin was a couple of times and warned my team and they actually used that information to avoid ganks. Whoot! That is something that I want to do more of...boxing the enemy jungler to a plan of my choosing so I know exactly what their options are and I can plan accordingly to either stymie those plans or take advantage of them elsewhere on the map.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2017 7:58am | Report

Yasuo as always is irritating. Zone you with stupid Tornado. Block your harass with shield or Wind Wall. I would dearly like it if he didn't get the tornado until he got level 6.

Trying Malphite because he doesn't have much to screw up and even if you are behind you can always ult their backline to give your team a leg up in a team fight. Works our pretty well as in four games with him (3 normals) I've only died once and I've won 3 out of four of them.

Our early game sucked. Mid game, we were about even, then late game we had a couple of team fights where I was able to keep at least one of our carries alive.

Could have pushed in Mid a little earlier. I didn't realize we had picked off two of them. But to be fair, I pinged my team out to go take another turret we had a a minion wave on and no one defending it and they didn't listen, so it wasn't like I was unclear about my intent.

Definitely need to spam ping more for objectives. Sometimes it takes 4 or more before people get the hint.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2017 9:58am | Report

That awkward moment when you are trying to contest for Baron, you ult the Miss Fortune to stop her ult. You notice Pantheon ulting somewhere that is not the ongoing team fight and your Jhin for some unknown reason is in base, but really can't get near Pantheon without dying oh and at that point Graves basically had Baron to near Smite range. Okay, what the heck do I do now. I think I should have backed after canceling MFs ult because everyone else was too squishy to deal with Pantheon.

I didn't do the early lane super well. Pantheon got a kill on me and IIRC I ended up dying to Pantheon and Shyvana in a turret dive. Pantheon appears to be able to do a full combo and then because of his movement speed he can keep up with you to chuck another spear at you before backing off, which does a lot of damage in total, even if you are building armor. His spear by itself is enough to take down Granite Shield and of course he probably gets off two shield blocks to ward off two of your autos. Maybe should have started Cloth Armor + 4 Health Potions to shrug off his harass while trying to get some CS and basically ignore him.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2017 11:39am | Report

How do you definitely lose a game? Have your Annie and Jinx standing together so they both eat a Lux binding and ult that gets followed up by a Malphite ult when they are left with 10% of their hitpoints.

Despite

Malphite Dmg to Champs: 22882
Caitlyn Dmg to Champs: 16117

She netted right into their team and a giant minion wave at one point in the game. Lots of ????? pings for that. XD

Malphite's first clear isn't too bad, but it feels like it gets progressively slower unless you build some damage. Enchantment: Runic Echoes helps give your subsequent clears and gives ganks some oomph and helps mitigate mana issues. Enchantment: Cinderhulk is the de facto standard and it does help your clear speed and makes you studier later in the game, but doesn't add much to your ganks.

I was a bit behind this game so I opted into Cinderhulk.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2017 12:16pm | Report
You feel slow because you're not maxing E first lol. You always max E first on Malphite, especially in the jungle.

EDIT: Except when playing support and AP malph, I guess xD
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2017 12:21pm | Report
You feel slow because you're not maxing E first lol. You always max E first on Malphite, especially in the jungle.

Ah, I will do that then! Thanks +1 :-)
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2017 1:23pm | Report

Once I muted Orianna and Galio this game was all right. Swain thumped a knot on Orianna's head and then proceeded to menace the **** out of Mid and Bot. Fortunately Gangplank was doing pretty well for himself and could actually chain barrels. Swain with a Soraka around to heal him is a pain in the arse to deal with. Fortunately, our whole team was on board with getting items that cut healing down and we had a quite a few that could fit them in their build.

Late in the game we simply were more organized when it came to team fighting, so we managed to turn the tables after a somewhat rough early game.

Need to remember to treat my team mates like Bots. Spend too much time roaming around the map nonsensically if I don't.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide