Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100's Quest for Platinum (Season 3)

Creator: Wayne3100 November 25, 2012 4:47pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2013 12:17pm | Report
k good, thanks :3
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 3:12am | Report

Game 12

Solo Queue

Bans
Masteries
Runes

Great example of random **** that happens in solo queue, this one. We were expecting something like Nidalee - Talon bot, it ended up being Irelia - Fizz. Either way, we were fine early, I was way ahead of Irelia in terms of cs and eventually actually sniped her with a Piltover Peacemaker under her tower, but after that the two of them would just jump on Sona at every opportunity. Of course, this is annoying, but can be prevented by not pushing the lane (staying near the tower so they can't jump on you without diving) and building tanky early to survive and reach late game, in which our team should be stronger.

Instead, Sona built Philosopher's Stone first and pretty much got killed every time she stepped into lane (especially since the wave was always pushed their way and she'd move way out of tower range). They also killed me several times when I was 1v2, because there's not much you can do when the enemy bot lane can just dive you and get away with it easily. All help that our team tried giving us came way too late and Riven also lost mid pretty hard in the end due to Amumu ganks.

Can't believe I lost 38 elo over this, really depressing.

ELO: 1447

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 3:25am | Report
ow that sona score :c
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 3:28am | Report
lol no, Wayne. I wish you 10000x more luck than me, because the games I have lost have made me rage so hard, no one deserves my luck :P Looks like you guys could really have won that last game due to their weird team comp, though :/

Edit: Though I have to say your build is rather odd. I guess you were trying to get bulky, but I dunno.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 3:37am | Report
Yep, that was the idea. I figured stalling damage for some tankiness would help me survive their superior mid game phase and prevent them from being able to snowball, which is all I would need to ensure we win late game (provided I get protected by my team and kite correctly ofc). Frozen Mallet would've also helped me kiting since they had a lot of gap closers.

But yeah, not to be.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 4:40am | Report

Game 13

Solo Queue

Bans
Masteries
Runes

And just like that I lose 80 elo in two games, damn :c

I played Malphite mid this time and did well against Kha'Zix because my flask + health/mana pots start allowed me to poke a lot while he started Boots + 3 Health Potions and couldn't keep up.

Unfortunately top lost pretty hard though. Shen pinged Udyr to come help him because the enemy jungler was top, but Udyr instead tried ganking mid while I was low on mana and Shen eventually died to Olaf & Trundle, who both escaped with incredibly low health as Udyr wasted his Flash trying to catch up. Bot was doing well in lane too, though overconfidence eventually caused them to die unnecessarily a couple of times.

I had a 3-0/4-0 score going into teamfights, but their teamplay was way better and their Blitzcrank landed some really nice hooks. Meanwhile our Ezreal was just getting destroyed by their Olaf and in one of the fights I missed my ult on Vayne because of Tumble. I was also the only one to jump into their team in most fights, which is one of the reasons I died so much. I feel my play in the teamfighting phase was pretty bad, I should've really had more of an impact.

I have to say though, although I played mediocre this game, the -42 still hurts :(

ELO: 1405

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 7:01am | Report

Game 14

Solo Queue

(client fail so I didn't get score screen)

Bans
Masteries
Runes

I think we can officially call this a losing spree by now.

I picked Caitlyn vs Sivir because the difference in range allows Cait to poke well, but the Taric that I was laning with showed no presence after First Blood went to Sivir early on: our jungle Evelynn got blue buff and ran bot straight away, Taric stunned Lulu, but then he Exhausted her as well and as she Flashed away, Sivir kept her cool and simply killed Evelynn before Flashing out herself. Well played by her, a lot of players would've chickened out, but she saw the opportunity to get a kill.

After that - as I said - Taric played really passively and Sivir and Lulu pushed and poked as much as they could, which is why I decided to go for Bloodthirster first. Despite them playing aggressively, I managed to outfarm the Sivir by roughly 25 cs after 12 minutes (that's always the point in the game at which I check my cs lol), so I figured things would be k if we just wouldn't die anymore.

Unfortunately, however, it turned out Rumble was feeding Master Yi mid and we got dunked like first class scrubs. Cho'Gath was doing well and eventually lane-swapped with Rumble, but overall we were simply too far behind with both Evelynn and Rumble heavily underfed and there was no way back into it.

Although the score doesn't reflect it, I think I played well considering how little support I got from Taric. Dropped down below 1400 though, so guess I need to change that on the first page :c

ELO: 1370

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 12:59pm | Report
Ouch... :/ Are you finding those Marks of Crit Chance are giving you more crits?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 1:12pm | Report
The first time I tried them on Caitlyn I actually got a lot of crits on the enemy Vayne & Taric (I believe that was in Game 4, though it could've also been a normal, not sure), but after trying it some more I realised that was a case of some pretty good luck. I still feel the marks are pretty good on champs with long range who poke a lot though. As for other carries I've tried it on ( Ezreal, Graves, Sivir), it didn't seem to benefit them greatly, though it has to be said a lot of their damage on enemies comes from abilities so that's probably why. I'd still crit on minions every now and then which is cool, but not really gamebreaking :P

So yeah, I think I'm gonna keep running them on Caitlyn and possibly Ashe, but on others I might drop them.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 2:45pm | Report

Game 15

Solo Queue

Bans
Masteries
Runes

The losing spree has ended. My cs this game was atrocious, I had some pretty bad fps drops in teamfights and I missed out on multiple kills because I threw my axe too far / at the wrong angle and - in doing so - made myself unable to pick it up and reset the cooldown, but we won.

As for a short summary: our mid got countered after firstpicking Ryze but somehow did well, bot lost early on and Varus never really got back into it and in top lane I got First Blood on Lee Sin pretty early (surviving with very low HP) after which I completely controlled the lane. The fact that I still missed tons of cs is because I was too busy trying to get more kills. Completely wrong mindset, but I guess I just wanted the win quite badly.

Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, Jax did a pretty decent job at jungling (their Xin Zhao started well too but ragequit during the mid game because Lee Sin was "******ed" - his words, not mine).

ELO: 1409

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide