Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Runic Skin BBCoding for Galio not working.

Creator: Xathaneal January 9, 2013 6:05pm
Xathaneal
<Member>
Xathaneal's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 6:05pm | Report
I was looking through my AP Ezreal build to see if there was anything I could update and I noticed a broken/incorrect link in one of my chapters. I went in to edit it and found that it had the correct coding of Runic Skin*, trying to link Galio's passive ability. I saved it and checked it again and yet it still is linking to a non-existant page. Something even more odd, instead of read it as 'Runic Skin' as it should from the coding, instead it just reads as 'Runic', and linking to a non-existent page. I hope this can be fixed or if I am somehow mistaken that someone can help me to fix my guide. Thanks.

~Xath

*Where it says 'Runic' in red text and links to a page that does not exist, the coding that I have down is [Runic Skin] with the appropriate double brackets. It seems this isn't just in my guide but perhaps an actual database error.)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 6:07pm | Report
I think it's clashing with the new "skin linking" system that recently got put in. As far as I know, it wasn't broken before that.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:21pm | Report
I don't think that's the problem, but I'm not sure what is. I've already notified the developers, so just have to wait for them to solve it.

In the meantime you can fix it by using:

[icon=ability runic skin size=50]

Runic Skin
[wiki=ability runic skin]
Xathaneal
<Member>
Xathaneal's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:35pm | Report
Woot! Thanks for the help guys. I've been trying to find a way around it for a while now but couldn't figure out any alternative coding.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 7:40pm | Report
Yup! ^_^ basically you can use tags like ability, mastery, item etc to code things with the same name, so you could try that in case any bugs pop up again.
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 11:31pm | Report
I used RUNIC SKIN *caps* and it worked. Same with wukong passive.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide