Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

How many is too many?

Creator: MuffinStuff October 27, 2011 10:58pm
MuffinStuff
<Member>
MuffinStuff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 10:58pm | Report
So I just finished a game where I was tanking and I did my tanky duties and scarficed myself so that my carries could stay alive, I ended the game with only 6 deaths, which I feel is pretty good for a Tank, but it begs the question "when is it good tanking or just a Bad Tank"

I know I try to keep my deaths under 5, and I tend to do a good job of that, so I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on the matter.
MuffinStuff
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 10:59pm | Report
and if the question is not clear it's how many times can you die and still and not be considered a bad tank.
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 11:01pm | Report
Any time that you died when you didn't need to, you did badly. Whenever you die and it was worth it, you did well. Numbers don't matter.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
MuffinStuff
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2011 11:03pm | Report
yeah thats how I feel, but I still try to not give away to many kills, but if I die 10 times and it results in 10 aces, then heck yeah i'm okay with that!
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 4:39am | Report
Score really doesn't matter if you're playing tank. You can have 0-10-20, and you could be the reason you won. Good initiation and you will probably die, but you'll also grant your team an ace.

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 6:22am | Report
Wow, do you really need to ask yourself this question? If you're the only one dying in team fights and it's because you threw yourself away for the rest of your teammates then yes, you're doing your job. I could give a **** if a tank went 0/30, as long as your carries are like 50/0, because that shows that the enemy team is clearly filled with a bunch of morons that somehow think killing the tank first will ensure them a victory. (That or you're just doing your job of keeping them off your carries)

Keep on dying baby, your carries will **** slap the people that killed you in the time the enemy team wastes on picking you off.
letsgoROSH
<Member>
letsgoROSH's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 7:43am | Report
As a tank, a positive score means nothing to you. You could be 2-9-33, but if those 33 assists end up winning you the game, congratulations, your doing fine! Now, having a good score doesn't hurt either, being 7-6-13 is still a good score, AS LONG AS YOU WIN
Want an awesome Phoenix Udyr jungle guide? CLICK HERE

Also, if I helped you out, don't forget to +Rep me! :)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 9:19am | Report

yeah thats how I feel, but I still try to not give away to many kills, but if I die 10 times and it results in 10 aces, then heck yeah i'm okay with that!

You're doing it right.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide