Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A Veteran Parts Ways...

Creator: Pelikins May 14, 2012 10:25am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 5:11pm | Report
Meh, it isn't the community that made me quit mobafire.

it's the whole thing , it just doesn't interest me enough anymore. People don't want to make their guides better, nope. They ask for reviews for the upvote. It doesn't feel just as good trying to help others then your helping the selfish ones.

I've been recently more interested in actually getting better at the game, not theory crafting. That's my main reason of inactivity.

A couple months ago, I really enjoyed it, but it's like a hobby, you get into it, you get out. Some stay and dwindle a bit longer. Some make it more then a hobby. your choice.
yolo, teemo to strong in low elo
Asaki
<Member>
Asaki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2012 9:07pm | Report
Sometimes, the community makes me mad, such as when new people ask all their friends to come and upvote their guide to propel them to the top, even though their guide may be useless in game.

However, making guides is an experience that "bares your soul" for you to see. When you make a guide, you realize that you know information that you thought you did not. When I start a game, and I don't remember exactly what I would do in that match-up, I come back to my guide and use my own advice.

As we all know, teaching is the best way to learn.
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 2:18am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Wait a minute, someone brings up a legit problem and people get + rep for jokes. I understand why this community is getting worse and worse...

Take away the ****ing rep+ system so people understand how to use words...

It's how the world works, deal with it bro.

iownedya wrote:

So you would look at my TF build because it is #10?

No...I'd go to SoloMid and look for a build.*ahem* Do you get views on your guide? Yes you do, so therefore people look at your guide. Simple really.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 2:52am | Report
I'm not going anywhere, I want to see where MobaFire's heading. It will be interesting to see if the scout system will get a bit of a facelift alongside guide cheatsheet aesthetics :3
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Katjoesja
<Member>
Katjoesja's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 4:48am | Report
I have learned quite a lot from guides when I started playing, so I would like to thank all players who made a good guide regardless of trollvoters.

But can't you accept that there just are trolls on the internet who think their 'BUY DIS TWINITY FAWS SOON' needs to be the #1 guide? They will always be there, not tributing anything to the community (neither am I) and trolling along. But you helped people like me starting with LoL.

Do you really want to SEE that you get credit for that? If you know you are doing something good, if you know that you are helping people and your guide is still in the top 10, isn't that enough for you?

Of course I have never made a guide so I've never experienced how much effort is put into one, but it's the thought that counts.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 4:52am | Report
tldr
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 4:54am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Wait a minute, someone brings up a legit problem and people get + rep for jokes. I understand why this community is getting worse and worse...

Take away the ****ing rep+ system so people understand how to use words...

Who the hell pissed in your cheerios?
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 5:03am | Report
cya later~
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 5:59am | Report
ShiftyCake wrote:

It's how the world works, deal with it bro.

No...I'd go to SoloMid and look for a build.*ahem* Do you get views on your guide? Yes you do, so therefore people look at your guide. Simple really.

I deal with it by pointing out the stupidity of it. I won't EVER deal with stupidity by accepting it and thus just don't care. To quote from Boondock Saints (which is a bible quote I think): "Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men. "

Which means I will speak up, even if I do it in vain.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 6:20am | Report
Pelikins wrote:

I am really tired of alternate accounters anonymously destroying other people's hard work without recourse. I can't even remember the last time I got constructive feed back from a down voter...it's just people making second accounts and flaming similar guides to make theirs look better.

On top of that, I don’t feel that many of the builds that get exemplary scores are actually the best ones. Junior members playing at very low tier levels dictate what guides become popular and then people follow them like sheep. That means that a lot of the best theory crafting gets lost in the muddle.

I just want the community to know they are losing a creative guide writer who doubles as a successful player with a lot of experience because the Mobafire.com moderator team fails to police members that are destructive to community.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I get that…but there still should be some level of respect and consideration for one another. Intentionally disrespecting another member should never be acceptable. Yet any thing goes within the community.

I know this kind of thread won’t last long. Anyone who speaks out against the community has their thread closed nearly immediately.

To the moderator who shuts this thread down and doesn’t let the members speak out…just know you are as much part of the problem as the trolls that run rampant on your site.

To veteran members who have been positive forces of the community, especially DEWO and jahoihoi who have provided me useful feedback in the past, thank you! I miss the good old days when the community was smaller and most of the feedback I got was from respectable members such as your self. DEWO, it was your old Warwick guide that got me to make an account!
Thanks for the good 2 years. I hope you do something about the community soon for this site’s sake. Off to adventure in Diablo III!

Signing off!

-Pelikins / Peligrad

1. there are also anonymous upvotes, and they aren't anonymous once they sign up for an account, you still only get 1 vote per IP.

2. No, but that's not how the rating system on mobafire works, expecting it to work that way is unreasonable.

3. No we're not. We're losing you because you're ignorant. You can't moderate troll votes, it's impossible.

4. No there shouldn't be, respect is earned not given.

5. No, Anyone who calls people names has their thread deleted.

6. That's not what's happening.

Have fun in D3.
Tri lane for life.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide