Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

A Veteran Parts Ways...

Creator: Pelikins May 14, 2012 10:25am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 1:41pm | Report
Yep agreed mooninties and Evil dice^
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 2:17pm | Report
I have read this entire post and honestly I'm proud. I have always wondered about the feelings of other posters and how the guide system is ranked up in our heads. Its nice to see the community, more or less, defending itself together. I know I'm not well known around here, but browsing these forums almost everyday has alone increased my skills. The people here makeup one of the few constructive forum communities I have ever taken part in. I constantly read guides, all ranks and vote sizes. You can tell a guide stands out, not when it has the most votes, but the most support. For a while now I have been updating my Yorick guide, for myself and the community. Writing guides should be about helping people, not soul searching for upvotes. I write my guides not because I want to dethrone the top of the list, but to write down my thoughts and reflect on them. Its not the most voted or the top commented, but it has surprisingly risen to 2nd because of community support. (Updates also help LOADS)

Am I pro? Hell no. I hardly play ranked and try not to take this game too seriously. The way you create a popular high ranking guide is to not care about votes. Look at duff, he demands downvotes on his vayne guide. How seriously can you consider votes after something like that?
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 4:01pm | Report
Mobafire is different BECAUSE they let everybody vote. Everybody can contribute and anyone can find success, despite their ELO. This is what makes them different from SoloMid. I don't think we should make all the guide sites the same thing, or else there would be no point. Mobafire is for everyone to use and contribute to, and that's how the creators like it / intended it to be.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 4:06pm | Report
There's a difference between requiring someone to be a part of the community vs a high elo. Just saying.
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 4:08pm | Report
its more of a creative writing, making guide hobby, blogs, good community than professional guides. majority of the time good guides get to the top.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 4:17pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Mobafire is different BECAUSE they let everybody vote. Everybody can contribute and anyone can find success, despite their ELO. This is what makes them different from SoloMid. I don't think we should make all the guide sites the same thing, or else there would be no point. Mobafire is for everyone to use and contribute to, and that's how the creators like it / intended it to be.

And as a result it's also kind of a joke among LoL players. Why just this morning I encountered a newer player asking questions about guides in OddOne's stream chat, sparking a debate about guide websites. Every single player who expressed their opinion said he shouldn't use Mobafire because 'it was terrible' or 'the guides sucked', etc. I've seen this happen quite a few times whenever the subject comes up.

Not really sure what my point is here, just saying.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 4:23pm | Report
^^ This
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 4:35pm | Report
The thing is that the "High elo" players have advertised Mobafire as the ****ty site, why? To draw more attention to there own guides on Solo mid ofc.

And since your average league player is a fanboyish 12 year old who can't make there own opinions. You have this incredible big surge of sheep hate coming towards the site.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 4:39pm | Report

The thing is that the "High elo" players have advertised Mobafire as the ****ty site, why? To draw more attention to there own guides on Solo mid ofc.

And since your average league player is a fanboyish 12 year old who can't make there own opinions. You have this incredible big surge of sheep hate coming towards the site.

^^This.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 4:53pm | Report
Mowen wrote:
More votes = more accuracy

Explain:
- Dewo's WW guide which was #1 for years?
- Top Mundo guide with 3 Warmog's?
- That 3 AA Kog'Maw guide (which is now second, and yours at the top)
- Madmack's Ashe guide, which is still a higher percentage than mine
- That Zhonya's Ring Morg guide that had to be force archived
- Top Heim guide (sorry Jun, but why would anyone ever play support Heim??)
- Top Nasus guide that hasn't been updated in months

I could probably go on and on, but those are the ones I know *off the top of my head*. They have the majority votes, and they're not going to lose their top positions any time soon. I'd say more votes =/= more accuracy.

Of course there are guides that disprove that (generally there are good guides on MobaFire), but everyone who doesn't love MobaFire WILL see those guides I picked out. They will see 3 AAs on Kog'Maw, 3 Warmog's on Mundo, Black Cleaver & Sunfire's & Hextech Gunblade & Malady & Wit's End & Madred's Bloodrazor on Warwick.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide