Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Any Featured or High "Elo" Dom...

Creator: SirAeros December 20, 2012 4:55pm
1 2 3
SirAeros
<Member>
SirAeros's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2012 4:55pm | Report
Just Asking as I have like a +70 wins on it and play pretty often with people who are on the featured player list I was wondering since I'm planning to make a series of guides on Dom as most guides here(aka none) follow the actual meta around the high win ratio area and tournies(aka our meta sources since Riot don't give us ranked and Killed Draft due to neglecting a bug fix for like over 7 months)
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2012 7:12pm | Report
You don't call Dominion "Dom" without spelling it out first. I find it very unlikely that people get what you're talking about,
unless they read the context of the comment itself. I think that speaks volumes about your request.

As for the rest: It's a broken game mode, get over it.

PS: I bump'd didn't I?
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2012 8:25pm | Report
Alahric wrote:

You don't call Dominion "Dom" without spelling it out first. I find it very unlikely that people get what you're talking about,
unless they read the context of the comment itself. I think that speaks volumes about your request.

As for the rest: It's a broken game mode, get over it.

How did you contribute to the thread with any of that?

...Anyway...

I like to play Dominion in between every few ranked / normal (classic) games that I play. I'd appreciate some higher-level input (aka guides) here on Mobafire for some of my favorite champions.

I can't attest to who the high ranked dominion players here in MobaFire are, but I'm sure there are some of them around. Good luck on your search.

Untrelated: I love running Karthus Bot in Dominion games ^_^ Hugely successful win ratio.

SirAeros
<Member>
SirAeros's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 4:13am | Report

How did you contribute to the thread with any of that?

...Anyway...

I like to play Dominion in between every few ranked / normal (classic) games that I play. I'd appreciate some higher-level input (aka guides) here on Mobafire for some of my favorite champions.

I can't attest to who the high ranked dominion players here in MobaFire are, but I'm sure there are some of them around. Good luck on your search.

Untrelated: I love running Karthus Bot in Dominion games ^_^ Hugely successful win ratio.

Got used to those kind of awnsers anyway.Its funny since until now I only found 4 champions that completely Broke the mode without any possible counters until the Blackarmaggedon and Blackapocalipse only 1 will probably not be a subject of change by the Balance Team

Consider TT who is pretty much on the same state and still have its Ranked

About your Karthus thats interesting since 90% of all Karthus bot I found failed hard
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 6:36am | Report
For a non-ranked player Domi is fun, simply because I don't wanna waste another 40-50min thx to ONE ****ING A**HOLE that happend to be put in my team again.

But yeah, Domi is not as broken as TT but not stable enought to be played "competetively" either.
It definitely got a tactical side to it most haters simply deny, but the different champ/class advantages topple everything overall.

Bruisers were at a great advantage before s3 and now it shifted more into the direction of AD burster like Rengar, Khaz, etc.

The game pace is simply to fast for some champs/classes.

And srsly: Revive is low Elo fotm...
SirAeros
<Member>
SirAeros's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 7:48am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

For a non-ranked player Domi is fun, simply because I don't wanna waste another 40-50min thx to ONE ****ING A**HOLE that happend to be put in my team again.

But yeah, Domi is not as broken as TT but not stable enought to be played "competetively" either.
It definitely got a tactical side to it most haters simply deny, but the different champ/class advantages topple everything overall.

Bruisers were at a great advantage before s3 and now it shifted more into the direction of AD burster like Rengar, Khaz, etc.

The game pace is simply to fast for some champs/classes.

And srsly: Revive is low Elo fotm...

Ironicaly I know several Platinum Guys who Play Dom Competively(Aka play in the only Dom tourny it exists)

Actualy if you take a look at Featured games you actually find 5-man Revive vrs 5-man Revive Revive works very well on Dom since the entire concept is Fighting and Delaying Captures as much as Possible and Revive does that Better than Ghost/Flash

Bruisers aren't exactly Dom Problemn itself since that even Xyspherous(a riot designer adimited that Top Lane changed to a completely Broken Lane(season two phrase probably still true since I don't see any difference on the Top Lane Meta) AD Bursters were always Strong here its just the Black Cleaver made they get more Spotight

while its true that APs that are balance towards their Ults and Farming(TF, Morgana) and most ADCs(outside of Ezreal) since the Aura Arpen nerf(aka made them did not suck for the first two-halfs of the game ) suffer here its still not the damn oh "Broken Champ" Fest most people think actually a ton of Broken Dom Champs were also Broken on SR( Diana, Rengar, Lulu-still Broken IMO, Jayce-even though they didn't nerf his real Broken Area on Dom)
actualy the only reason why Dom is a "Broken Fest" is because

A)Riot neglected the no Dodge-Que Penality bug for like 7 months or so which ultimately killed Draft Que SO OUR main way of avoiding the Broken no Counter Champs and it also killed the counterpicking Factor that keeps lot of Strong Champions in Check Champions which makes than look OP

B)People love Spamming OPs when they can because they are bastards even on SR PERIOD
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 8:17am | Report
i don't know what my total rank is on dom, but I can say I'm pretty high although I haven't played it in a while.

I know that Berzerk (on Mobafire and NA) played (not sure if he still does, I haven't been on in a month) it a lot and was 'pretty' high up. The game mode isn't broken at all though, I would argue that only Yorick and Jayce are completely broken, everyone else can at least be checked. Also not sure if Singed became OP with S3, he wasn't op before but he might be now.

my IGN is Eo Ut Mortus if you want to play with me.

@the topic of ranked, I think they mainly don't want to put it in because it would be pretty easy to get a really high elo due to duoq being more influential and having shorter game times means you can play more games = more elo. If it was ranked 5's I think it would be better, but there wouldn't be as many players as TT or SR so I'm not sure if you just wouldn't find yourself playing the same people over and over again, idk.

Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 8:27am | Report
I only know of 2 high elo dominion players. Actually make that one, I deleted one of them last night :3 Their IGNs are LaRoue and Zakkery. I really doubt that Zakk would add anyone random though, so I would try for LaRoue if anything..

Oh and I also know a couple of people from team DD (Dominate Dominion) but their just like Zakk. Probably won't add anyone.

SirAeros
<Member>
SirAeros's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 9:50am | Report
Vavena wrote:

I only know of 2 high elo dominion players. Actually make that one, I deleted one of them last night :3 Their IGNs are LaRoue and Zakkery. I really doubt that Zakk would add anyone random though, so I would try for LaRoue if anything..

Oh and I also know a couple of people from team DD (Dominate Dominion) but their just like Zakk. Probably won't add anyone.

Believe it or Not Vavena me and Zakkery had our bunch of fun conversations on chat :P

Actually I am on the DD Chat I just wanted to know if someone from Mobafire since I would like to see some Community Guides on Dom who follow the current Meta since most of them don't since 90% of the player community don't know some Basics as how important Ganking the Bot lane is

oh and Nighthawk for me the only Broken without counter Champs on Dom are: Lulu(Broken on all modes IMO), Jayce(Broken on all Modes I'm amazed at SR players who haven't figured out how Broken his Crit-Scaling with W is) , Kassadin(k the only Guy who is Only Broken at Dom but hes the GOD-King of Brokeness),and Kha'Zix(Strong but not Broken on SR) and F****** Teemo amd his BFT(before some guys aks why this makes his shrooms hit for like 60% of your HP if you don't have MR)

and I agree with the Ranked 5s Idea I realy want a team to play on the DD anyway also another thing on Ranked I remenber CaptnBuwberrye(a SR plat High Elo Dom player if you don't believe it check it out) and Zakkers asked Plat players about Dom and they said a bunch of them would play the mode more if it had it Ranked
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2012 2:34pm | Report
Never said that Domi is only for the "normal" players, just saying that it's more attractive to casual gamer since it doesn't show much of that "obligation to play Xmin" combined with "game/time lost thx to another player" thing.

And I wasn't rly clear with the classes:

Domi playstyle simply supports champs that naturally build tanky and include strong movement aspects.
In SR you have this slow laning phase and the major team fights, but in Domi you only have fast small skirmishes the whole game.

Imo a good way to balance this more - burn me at the stacks if you want - is to make Domi more like SR in terms of game pace, try to put some breaks into the early phase of a match.

And I don't care about some "pro" (.......) tournies where ppl go 10x Revive.
Revive on whatever game mod is nothing more than a "You lose! Continue?"
If you use a Revive in Domi, it only means I killed you and now am tagging your tower and you wasted one SS slot to simply prevent that.
After that you're on a 8,5 min CD.

And even while mobility is a huge factor, SSs CDs are too high to influence gameplay that way, that's why I simply run Exhaust/Ignite as standard.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide