Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Atma's Impaler needs a buff

Creator: NicknameMy February 7, 2013 11:57pm
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 5:23am | Report
Hi AD Assassin with no Survivability, I am Cee Cee and this is my friend Burst Damage. Get ****ed.

PS: if you're gonna tell me AD Assassins should wait for the "going in" opportunity, then yeah sure, that works versus idiots who will blow all their cc at the start of the party, but good players usually wait to cc the right targets, which includes other champs that, if eliminated, will render the assassin's entrance less relevant (ADC's/APC's)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 6:03am | Report
Ok let's try this; My hypothetical suggestion of how Atma's Impaler could be changed up.

Atma's Impaler:

+45 Armor
+450 health
+25 AD
Unique Passive: You gain attack damage equal to 2% of your maximum health.

Cost: 3100 gold. Builds from: Chain Vest, Giant's Belt, Pickaxe

Just a rough idea I threw together, it would increase in gold, and have more costly components, but it would be better suited for bruisers and as a defensive but still offensive item for AD casters.

What do you guys think?
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 6:08am | Report
Probably would need to give AD because of the Pickaxe. I get it that you're adding it as a metaphor for the passive, but pretty sure you can't lose stats when mixing items.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 6:10am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Probably would need to give AD because of the Pickaxe. I get it that you're adding it as a metaphor for the passive, but pretty sure you can't lose stats when mixing items.

Fix'd. looks broken now though.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 6:14am | Report
My math says the Average AD caster with Warmogs (3200ish health) would get 89 AD off that item, plus a solid chunk of health and armor. Not even including the health the item would now give, so it'd be even higher.

That seems pretty baller, and maybe even a contender for a slot over Bloodthirster in an AD caster build, but then you lose out on so much sustain.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 6:16am | Report
Looking at the stats, it sounds like an improved Sunfire Aegis. You commit more gold for a better version of the stats (AD + Passive). Probably not very reasonable because of what I mentioned, because it's like 500G more

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 6:24am | Report
Hmm, yea. Stats are too similar. I was trying to make a point that they could tailor the item more to it's target audience though. The crit doesnt belong on the item is my main point. XD
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 7:47am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Infinity Edge on AD-Assasins? Ask Vapora...

To be able to outshine Bloodthirster, it would need over 100 AD. AD-Assasins don't care about defense, they want full damage to instantly burst their enemies. Because of that, I don't understand why some people get Warmog's Armor on them.

If we now talk about other AD-Casters like Riven, Garen, Renekton, etc. , then it is a different story. But on Riven, I would also get Bloodthirster over an Atma's Impaler without 100 AD and on Garen I prefer Youmuu's Ghostblade.

Well, I would settle for an item that only gives ~80 AD if it had a decent amount of armor, lol.

To an assassin, killing your target is your main objective; surviving is secondary. You get enough damage to make sure you can kill your target, and once you do, you build some survivability to make sure you'll survive after killing them. Bare in mind Warmogg's is basically the new GA on ADC's and assassins.

It's viable to build 1 survivability item, but if you build any more that give 0 damage, your burst will usually fall off later on.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 7:56am | Report
Bulwark + Atmas op cheaper tanky build.

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 8:02am | Report
meh, Bulwark's a good item, but it's just not enough to instantly make you a tank
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide