Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Break the Meta - AD Lulu

Creator: MyBloodisBlack November 25, 2014 2:50am
1 2 3
Do you think you could make an ADC Lulu work?
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 2:50am | Report
I wanted to share this because I see potential in this and I believe that this could seriously be dangerous in the hands of an actual ADC player.

Anyways first off a small back story, I was on facebook earlier and I came across this delightful comic strip (as seen below) in which Jinx suggests to Lulu that instead of being the support she should be the carry and end up with the Syndra questioning "What have you done?" to Jinx was Lulu seemingly cut through the enemy lines with her "NEW" ADC build of Phantom Dancer, Trinity Force, Bloodthirster, Statikk Shiv, Blade of the Ruined King and Berserker's Greaves.

Now I had a good laugh at the start but then I had a weird idea "What if this concept could actually work?" so I decided to do a simple test in a 1v1 bot game (it was merely a test don't get arsey because I played a bot game) and I decided to modify the comic build to a more conventional AD build replacing Phantom Dancer and Blade of the Ruined King with a good old Infinity Edge and Guardian Angel.

I decided to face Shen because he was the one who came up first and I, of course, went with the typical AD with Lifesteal runes and AD mastery and went into the game and I have to admit right for the get go I could see the potential that was about to unfold in this build.

I quickly started getting momentum going as I got to 3 or 4 kills before I finally succumbed to my first and only death in a fight with Shen and I will not make excuses I lost but I will on 1/6th my health to his full health and he literally barely won as I took his own health to 1/6th too but at part from that every fight I had was quickly finished as I wandered the map trying to get my gold income up to finish the build.

I managed to get a few items into my build, the Trinity Force, Infinity Edge and Shiv and I had started taking down dragons with relative ease (Scoring 4 dragons in the end) but then the tide of the game began shifting towards shen as his minions began to push hard into my turrets and I will admit I suggested to push them back but I was not worried about the fact I was losing as I merely wanted to test this idea out so I kept going until I got a Bloodthirster.

Now by this stage I had tried to sololy Baron of all things and he had originally beat me down taking my health really low but I was noticing after the Bloodthirster that I was critic hitting with over 1,000 damage at a time and throught I would retry it to see what I could do with the added Life Steal and I got to say what a difference it did make...I tore through Baron HP using my shield and Glitterlance in order to do as much damage as I could to it and although in the end he came out on top I had actually took him down from his usually 13,500HP to just about 1,000HP using only an AD Lulu.

Now I will say that even though I did lose that fight I didn't have a full build since I didnt have Guardian Angel or the Greaves so I do believe if I had then I got absolutely no doubt in my mind that this AD Lulu could and would have successfully soloed Baron every time.

Anyhows I kept going and I finished the build but sadly after finishing the 4th dragon, Shen Minion got the better of my base and I did lose the game (Yes Yes I suck) but as I kept saying this was not a game I was trying to win but a game where I wanted to see if it could work and I actually think an AD Lulu could work brilliantly in the hands of a proper AD Player.

I would like to point out too that at the end of it all my highest Critical Strike was a whooping 1,268...Not bad I'd say.

My AD Lulu Game Stats

All I will say is please look beyond the fact I lost and the fact it was a 1v1 bot game and hopefully players out there can see the potential (theres that word again) because I don't think I did too badly trying this out and I have no doubt someone with better skills than I could easily prove that this can really work as a Break the Meta champion.

Let me know what you think?
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 3:07am | Report
Well, AD Lulu has been tried before. It's just not considered very consistent.

As to build -

Well, Last Whisper is a necessity for ADs if you want to negate enemy armor. Lulu doesn't have any AD scalings, so you could probably drop Bloodthirster or Phantom Dancer for Last Whisper, or maybe Phantom Dancer in favour of a defensive item. An Infinity Edge could probably do you good as well. Not 100% sure about Trinity Force, but since Lich Bane works well for standard Lulu, perhaps it could work.

Haven't played AD Lulu for a while, so probably going to have to test some of it.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 3:18am | Report
the build I used in the end was Trinity Force, Infinity Edge, Statikk Shiv, Bloodthirster, Guardian Angel and Berserker's Greaves.

The reason for picking Trinity Force over Lich Bane was that it gives you 200% to you next basic attack which after you got all the AD damage items and picked up the first Dragon you have 350 AD plus an extra 350AD because of Force and then if you crit as well with Edge equipped you have another 525AD which is a hefty 1,225.

I do agree that maybe the build could use some work depending on the situation but as I said this particular build will solo Baron Nashor...no if or buts, if you can get the time in a game to go after the pit with a full build you can solo him yourself and if you do it in a team fight you can destroy him in seconds knowing you probably dealt the majority of the damage.

But if you do give AD Lulu another go let me know how you got on Sirell and we can see which Build definitely worked better in the long run ^^
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 4:21am | Report
I don't know about ADC but AD Lulu top is viable and sometimes played in high elo soloQ.

Does well in lane against some match ups but kinda falls off late.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 4:22am | Report
The most important stat on Lulu played as ADC is attack speed. This is due to the 300 bonus damage every attack from her passive.

Top Lane Machine Gun Lulu:

Bot Lane Machine Gun Lulu:

1200 dps before resistance, not bad. Without calculating Blade of the Ruined King or Statikk Shiv, of course. And I don't think she really needs a defence item, she has her ultimate.

Trinity Force isn't that usefull, you have rather long cooldowns.
He is gonna kill you!!!
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 6:30am | Report
does not do enough damage. waste.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 6:50am | Report
Still does more damage than Ashe :P.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Lady Amelyne
<Member>
Lady Amelyne's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 7:02am | Report
Bot lane AD carry Lulu? Nope
I've played a lot of top lane AD Lulu, though, and it worked alright due to how easily you can abuse most top laners, assert dominance and snowball from there, but it's nowhere near as good as it was.

Masteries: 30/0/0, 21/9/0 or 21/9/9

Runes: ASPD/Armor (or flat HP)/ MR (or scaling MR)/ AD (or MSPD/Hybrid pen)

Not too sure what the item build would be now due to not having played it in quite a while, but you need to rush BotRK. BotRK into PD/TF worked well, though, along with ASPD boots.
Credits go to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 9:41am | Report
I break the meta all the time. I feel the build might have some ability, but I don't own Lulu and I'm not skilled enough at adc's to play her like such. There are better things to break bot lane with. My favorites have been Thresh/Blitz bot and stuff like Nami ADC (it worked too well). I've also supported an adc Morgana who carried and made them forfeit. Pretty much anything can be done bot lane, it just depends on synergy. Played Syndra/Gnar bot, went real well. :)

But back on topic, adc lulu, I feel, lacks real damage. Sure, she'd be an all auto champ, and her w would completely disable her target, but does she have enough kit to then get the kill? Might try it sometime soon. I'll see how it goes.
Eyy
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2014 9:57am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Still does more damage than Ashe :P.

yeah if only she wasn't even more useless than ashe and if her auto attack animation didn't suck...
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide