Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Can I upgrade my PC?

Creator: KingCashew July 27, 2014 8:23pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 10:47pm | Report
pretty much nothing Video Card related. you might be able to find a card for that much but I wouldn't trust anything that cheap. The cheapest I would go for something like this is 150. However you can easily triple your Memory for around 80 dollars.

It isn't cheap to upgrade a PC. Building one from the ground up even takes about 700 dollars depending on what you want. Upgrading would at least be 250-300 because you might need a new power supply to go with the new card.
KingCashew
<Member>
KingCashew's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 11:04pm | Report
What are some good options? Can you put some links?
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 11:21pm | Report
Newegg is a pretty good place to start you can search just about anything computer related, make side by side comparisons, and get a good opinion on what you are looking at.

I like Corsair for memory and power supplies, but I'm sure HyperX has good quality memory too. Just about anything that has ATI Radeon on the box is good for Video cards I haven't really kept up with the latest things but my card is a Radeon HD58xx Series and runs Ultra settings no problem. Asus makes great Motherboards and I like Sapphire Video cards. Asus makes good stuff all around though.

You can check you local Best Buy for some things to start your shopping. I highly recommend shopping because this isn't just something for you to throw money into, because honestly, this is the first step to making your own PC. and that bring a special feeling when it power up for the first time.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2014 11:44pm | Report
Some quick numbers:

MOtherboard: $200 (Decent bells and whistles, a couple USB 3.0 and around 6 2.0 ports)
Processor: $200 (Intel i5)
Video Card: $200 (2GB Vid Memory, supports 2 monitors)
Memory: $80 (8GB)
Power Supply: $120 for 750W, $80 for 600W
Disk space: $80 for 1TB

Total: About $900 (+additional buys like fans, cases, heat sinks etc)
I am not saying exactly because you might go for something cheaper or more expensive in cetain areas but this give you a pretty good estimate on building your own computer.I know we were talking about a quick upgrade but I think you can make a good estimate on how much money you will need to upgrade what you want specifically
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2014 11:32am | Report
I dont think you need to upgrade your PC to start playing LoL..
KingCashew
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 12:27am | Report
SimpleAppSolutions you think I can run it I will have to try it. The PC needs to be restored it has so much stuff on it, it runs really slow.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 12:40am | Report
There is a difference between running LoL, and playing LoL.

But your PC shouldn't be sluggish to the point of just not being usable. Do you have any Anti Virus programs?
KingCashew
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 1:11pm | Report
Yeah it has an Anti Virus but it has no space at all from being used so much and so many programs.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 2:37pm | Report
Unless you have a 100 GB Hard drive or less space shouldn't really be an issue....

wait a minute....

All of my research says this is almost a 10 year old computer....

WTF?
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 3:21pm | Report
^ This belongs in a museum :P

Just wanted to say Kazega is being very/too nice here. You nearly haven't done any research and provided next to nothing to work with and you keep asking questions without showing you've done much to solve it yourself. This is usually frowned upon in computer communities(I know this isn't one, but you're asking a question which would belong in one). In my experience, the usual response would be: "Try it yourself, do your homework(STFW), read this: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html"

People tend to perceive comments like this as hostile. This isn't to be rude or anything like that, I'm trying to help you. You'll probably get more responses and will get to your solution faster this way.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide