Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion Relaunch: Katarina, the Sinister Blade

Creator: Zeprido August 9, 2012 7:18pm
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 9:43pm | Report
I would say this looked exciting... If i was a kat player. Since im not, its actually making me cringe. The fact that her bouncing blades is now predictable, and splashes in some akali style consume mark for more damage, is going to make her one irritating POS to lane against. Altho i see a very predictable combo coming... bouncing blades, shunpo in to consume the mark, spin to win, ulti. Not alot of other possibilities out there. Im afraid this will make her a wash/rinse/repeat champ. Actually, this sounds alot like Kennen lane combo... too bad Ryze wont be able to counter her quite as hard.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 10:04pm | Report
I do not like this

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 11:35pm | Report

Katarina Animations

Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
wengthemeng
<Member>
wengthemeng's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 11:39pm | Report
Zeprido wrote:

Katarina Animations

Riot does a phenomenal job in keeping older champions up to par in terms of visual effects, skills, roles, etc.
DuskToGlory
<Member>
DuskToGlory's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 11:51pm | Report
IMO reworks are always going to be a love it/hate it/ just don't care kind of thing. I personally like what they are doing with her, I'll have to see the numbers ofc, but I like what I see so far. as to her becoming predictable, I'd say for one that her combo hasn't really changed except putting bouncing blades at the beginning instead of the end. she will definitely still be an assassin like she was i think. also, on an unrelated note, I like how rengar is labeled nocturne.

Thanks to DuskToGlory for the sigs. LOL :)

Working on a Pantheon guide, will finish when I get around to it, could be never.
+Rep? I don't need it, but if you really want me to have it, I wont stop you.
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 11:56pm | Report
I liked the old kat...got my first penta with her :(...She was so much fun! The new kat if the shunpo buff is the same will be super strong I think though since she now has an extra attack to reseat! About to ranekd kat lol.
DuskToGlory
<Member>
DuskToGlory's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 12:04am | Report
SkullzX wrote:

I liked the old kat...got my first penta with her :(...She was so much fun! The new kat if the shunpo buff is the same will be super strong I think though since she now has an extra attack to reseat! About to ranekd kat lol.

noew that you mention it, I did feel the old kats skilling order was pretty unflexible, maxing r>q>e>w, it will be interesting to see if the new w may change that.

Thanks to DuskToGlory for the sigs. LOL :)

Working on a Pantheon guide, will finish when I get around to it, could be never.
+Rep? I don't need it, but if you really want me to have it, I wont stop you.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 12:20am | Report
After looking into this, I can say so far I'm VERY unexcited for this.

They should've just updated the visuals, and kept her the same, she's gonna suck now.

Q is now weaker, and doesn't scale with AD anymore.
W is apparently kinda weak.
E took a HUGE hit, much lower base damage, and like 3.5 or something ridiculous off the ratio.
R is weaker overall, but has higer dps, spinning for 2 secs now instead of 3.

Edit
Overall, her passive is weaker due to gold gain
Q is worse
W is better, but doesn't fit with her kit at all
E is worse
R is better, but it's less rewarding
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 12:45am | Report
Just tried and saw her being used. Felt kinda meh, lower damage on Q and E, more predictable since she has almost these specific steps to maximize damage.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 12:48am | Report
Those of you who are bashing the old kata have apparently never studied scarra and TiensiNoAkumas play.

She is by no means "like a glove" in the tanky meta, yet she can be played smart and does counter some mids incredibly easy. Only time she has a big problem is if she has to carry her whole team so the enemy has to focus her only. If your ad or jungle or top is a threat they need to blow cds on them and thus she can go in and devastate.

That said I like the rework since I can't play too passive early game. I just can't. But then again I never found her early game that hard, I've done good giving as getting until lvl 4 where I mostly out damage people.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide