Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Disabled gamers in MOBA games and not only

Creator: ViperEx76 November 28, 2016 3:22pm
ViperEx76
<Member>
ViperEx76's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2016 3:22pm | Report
I don’t know if it is right place for such a subject so if it is not I will understand if you remove my thread or start throw tomato at me.

I’m disabled gamer suffering from muscular dystrophy and I can’t use mouse and keyboard to use my computer. I have idea of creating youtube channel dedicated to disabled gamers, hardware and software which can help them play computer games. I have recorded three short movies how I do play Guild Wars , Overwatch and Paladins to show that people with disabilities can play every kind of games. There was a time when I lost possibility of using keyboard and mouse and it took me long time before I figured out how I can play games and what I need to do that. That is why I came out with the idea. I know I'm not first person who touched the subject but I have hope my movies can be useful for someone also. I'm looking for your feedback, advices and question. Also I'm looking for disabled gamers who would share their experiences. Maybe we could team up someday and play together :-)

Here you can find my channel:
My channel

My last video show how do I play League of Legends (my third match with Sona):
Comments, ideas any questions mostly welcomed!

Best regards!
Viper
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 4:05pm | Report
Hey,

I think this is really interesting! I had never thought of these difficulties while playing games before. Quite amazing how you're doing this, I think this doesn't only help people who suffer from disabilities like yours but also in a way it brings the issue to the attention of those who aren't confronted with it every day. I hope initiatives like yours will stimulate developers to be more aware of these problems and to think about alternative input methods for those in need. Thanks for posting!

League-related, do you know about Attack Move? If you're having trouble with aiming your auto attacks, using this might help (I and many others use it all the time, and we're using mice). At least you won't walk into your enemy if you missclick. I didn't see you doing any of that in the video though, so maybe you already have it set up or your hardware is accurate enough.

Have fun playing League, and good luck with your channel!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 5:17pm | Report
really cool stuff, I remember years ago seeing someone get a penta kill using a custom controller since they were also disabled. I had to go look it up but I found it.

And here is an article giving more information about it.

Also welcome to MobaFire (^_^")

I can't wait to see what will come out of this thread since it is a subject I have thought about a lot before when it comes to league and Overwatch. Specifically when it comes to using custom controllers, and what would be considered fair use in tournament play?

I gave your channel a sub, I think a video showing you use your set up, similar to the video I shared above would be nice.
ViperEx76
<Member>
ViperEx76's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 7:04pm | Report
Thank you for feedback!

@Latest Legend
Attack Move Click need one more button to operate, am I right? I can operate only two buttons, first I'm using for movement with auto attack and second for most important and skill. For Master Yi it is Q, for Sona it is W and Kog'maw E. Everything else I activate thru voice command and it don't work immediately. For example when I want use Q with Sona I have to plan attack and tell command between 1-2 seconds before I reach hit range or before skill reactivate. I'm going improve my setup and add to buttons and use it with my chin but for now I play cards I have in my hand ;)

@Ninja Trigger
I have seen the guy already. I don't know if ever I'll be able to make penta kill and I feel noob watching him. I know how hard it was for me adopt one button under foot and can't imagine how he can handle mouse with cheek, clicking with ear, buttons under foot and ... the pencil. It is kind of Master Yoda masterpiece. Big respect!

Talking about tournaments I'm not going nowhere :) I'm spending my life and play in bed and I don't think so they would let me bring the bed with me ;) I wish I could find a team and see how far I can go in ranked games. I'm lvl 18 now and want to train more before looking for team. I don't want lower the team value :)
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 9:37pm | Report
ViperEx76 wrote:
Thank you for feedback!

@Ninja Trigger
I have seen the guy already. I don't know if ever I'll be able to make penta kill and I feel noob watching him. I know how hard it was for me adopt one button under foot and can't imagine how he can handle mouse with cheek, clicking with ear, buttons under foot and ... the pencil. It is kind of Master Yoda masterpiece. Big respect!

Talking about tournaments I'm not going nowhere :) I'm spending my life and play in bed and I don't think so they would let me bring the bed with me ;) I wish I could find a team and see how far I can go in ranked games. I'm lvl 18 now and want to train more before looking for team. I don't want lower the team value :)

Yeah I don't think they would let you bring a bed on stage, but not everything needs to be competitive and seeing how far you can go is a wonderful goal :)

When it comes to finding a team the number one thing I recommend is to just find people you have fun with, and you will learn more with a team you can laugh with then a team that's number one goal is to climb for the sake of climbing, I don't really play league anymore otherwise I would love to play a few rounds with you

you can add me if you like but no guarantee that I will ever be on since I moved to Overwatch,

NA League of Legends IGN Rusted Gold
OverWatch RustedGold#11802

I have a team for overwatch and we are really trying to go pro with it, so I can't play when they are on since it will always be practice time but if you catch me at the right time I will defiantly play a round or two with you :)
ViperEx76
<Member>
ViperEx76's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2016 8:02am | Report
I don't know if we can play together, I'm NEWE and you are NA, I have to make account in NA to play with you, right? How about lag, is it possible to play LoL thru ocean?

I have been playing Overwatch on free weekend. Even managed to have action of the match with Bastion. You can see it on my channel. It is not penta kill using pencil but I was happy as kid :D I'm going buy Overwatch when I figure out how to use WASD on buttons not voice commands. Overwatch is a pure action like Quake and I'm big fun of Quake 2. Yes, I'm that old ;)
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2016 8:52am | Report
ViperEx76 wrote:
I don't know if we can play together, I'm NEWE and you are NA, I have to make account in NA to play with you, right? How about lag, is it possible to play LoL thru ocean?

since you are already using voice commands that give you a delay sadly I think the lag combined with that would make it impossible to play :(

ViperEx76 wrote:
Overwatch is a pure action like Quake and I'm big fun of Quake 2. Yes, I'm that old ;)

Never got into Quake or Quake 2 when they came out but I remember them :)
sig by HogoPogo
ViperEx76
<Member>
ViperEx76's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2016 6:32pm | Report
You wil have a chance, Quake Championss coming out next year, btw I have made my first S- playing Sona :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide