Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

FCVK RIOT AND ITS (RANKED) SYSTEM

Creator: fcvkriot March 4, 2017 2:33pm
1 2
Ranked enviroment is
fcvkriot
<Member>
fcvkriot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2017 2:33pm | Report
Okay.

So.

The game itself is obviously good and that is why millions play this competitive game and plenty of pro leagues around the world, etc etc but in my humble opinion, the fckving playing environment for the avg players (Bronze/Silver/Gold maybe sometimes up to Plat) is just fcvking hell and RIOT seems to NOT CARE ABOUT THE AVG LEAGUE PLAYERES AS LONG AS THEY ARE MAKING $$$$$$$$$.

ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS $$$$$$$$$$ SO THEY MAKE NEW CHAMPS AND SKINS THEN IF THEY ARE TOO OP THEY JUST NERF THE FVCK OUT OF THEM TILL DEATH.

I fully acknowledge everyone is different and plays different and honestly some just plainly suck.

I sincerely appreciate players who are not good but at least try their best to get that W for the team. But every now and then or way too often then it is supposed to be, there are so many FCKING TROLLS.

"Oh please I got autofill, switch for me. You won't regret it." Then continues to pick Shaco jungle (or mid) and start the game 0-6. Like, I get at least one afk every 5 games. It is fvcking ridiculous. And for some fcking reason we can't even remake. And I don't know if RIOT is even punishing players who argue just for the sake of arguing that has nothing to do with the game. Some players even in higher tiers have so much fvcking pride in their "high elo" they don't listen to anyone but themselves and get offended if you ping them, which is supposedly recommended by Riot to use them as a communication tool. Enough of me complaining I fvcking hope RIOT PUSHES HARD TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF GAMING ENVIRONMENT BECAUSE RIGHT NOW IT IS FCKING BROKEN. HERE ARE MY 2 CENTS ON HOW TO IMPROVE (MAINLY DURING RANKED GAMES):

0. Before I say my 2 cents, I just want to say if you don't care about winning DO NOT FCVKING PLAY RANKED. Don't go into ranked games and say **** like, "it's just a game." It pisses me the hell off and I am sure it does to a plenty other players too.

1. Every player should have REAL POWER TO PUNISH OTHER PLAYERS IN RANKED. (HINT: Censoring curse words during game is not the solution ;). )

Like I don't get how employers in Riot are punishing these trolls. Do they review a couple and just randomly penalize some? Do they just check frequency of reports? WTF? IT IS LIKE THEY DON'T CARE AT ALL. Like you can troll 10 times and MAYBE GET PENALIZED ONCE? GIVE THE DAMN POWER TO PUNISH TO THE PEOPLE. YOU ARE NOT PLAY BUT THE PLAYERS ARE THE ONES PLAYING. Like maybe if a player gets reported within a ranked game by more than 2 or more players he should be IMMEDIATELY PUNISHED. REPORTING IS NOT ENOUGH THERE NEEDS TO BE A SYSTEM GIVEN TO THE GODDAM PLAYERS.

2. MAKE BETTER TUTORIALS BEFORE GETTING INTO RANKED

This is especially for Bronze/Silver/Gold, I see so many ******* players who DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE GAME. All they wanna do is kill the opponent get money and buy "cool" items to see if they can kill more. I mean this doesn't matter in normal games because that is where you are supposed to practice right? BUT NOT IN FCKING RANKED. IF RIOT REALLY CARES ABOUT KEEPING THE GAME CLEAN AND HIGH QUALITY THEY SHOULD BE MORE INFORMATIVE AND USER FRIENDLY IN UNDERSTANDING THE GAME. Like, the beginning tutorials are a joke they only tell you about the mechanisms. Like most of the arguments in low-tier games are about judgement because they don't understand what to do in certain situations and timing.

3. FVK THIS ELO SYSTEM.

I don't get why they insert elo system + tiers into account when getting queued. Like, for example, I would be on a 5 game winning streak as a Gold II then the next game I get queued up with someone not in my tier but rather same elo while my teammates are low Gold II. This happens every fcking time. It is almost like Riot wants us to stay in our tiers put so they want you to keep playing their games and not be content. WELL FVCK YOU RIOT. I firmly believe the elo system should only be used as reference and should not determine who should I be queued up with. It is just fcking demoralizing.

4. AUTO-FILL AUTOFILL OH AUTOFILL

I have seen so many "omg autofill please switch or feed." I mean at least give these players a third choice ******* or there should be a system where you need to be capable in at least 2-3 positions. Riot doesn't care and they assign you positions so this just creates only more chaos.

5. REMAKE SHOULDN'T BE DICTATED BY AFK'S.
I like the idea but just there are so many different types of trolls that the players should be able to determine if they want to remake or not why does fvcking riot not give the right to the players. Give them FREEDOM TO REMAKE LIKE WITHIN 1:30 OR 2:00 OF THE GAME JESUSFCK MAN.

Does anyone feel my pain, bruh? Like I like the game itself but if LoL was country all they care about is $$$$ and the 1% rich and economy, etc, while they let the avg ppl on their own.

P.S.: Btw I just uninstalled LoL. The amount of stress I get this from this game is just not worth my time+energy. I will come back if things get better but just not worth it. Games are supposed to stress relievers. I'm hopping on that Overwatch train. So peace.

P.S2: I know my writing right now is messy because I am in full rage mode. I just want to know what you guys think is best to improve the environment. (and fvck Riot)
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2017 3:32pm | Report
Most of the problems you pointed out are just part of any online, competitive and team-based environment. Riot's problems just seem "too big" because LoL is one of the biggest online games, one of the most competitive ones too and to top it off it's heavily team-oriented (probably the most team-oriented game of the big, online, competitive ones). It's just the expected problems multiplied by a thousand because of the type of game they're developing. They do fail at solving it, but I feel it's unfair to blame Riot for all of it as if any of the problems weren't expected from the ****py internet community we have.

fcvkriot wrote:
I know my writing right now is messy because I am in full rage mode. I just want to know what you guys think is best to improve the environment.
I made a super long post accordingly :P
I understand you're raging about the game though, so what I said is just arguments about stuff I'm interested to talk about, because I should be studying... f*ck physics.

fcvkriot wrote:
the fckving playing environment for the avg players (Bronze/Silver/Gold maybe sometimes up to Plat) is just fcvking hell
It's hard for everyone. I've seen it suck up to high diamond, but most Master/Challenger streamers/youtubers complain about it too. It probably gets better with higher elo just because there's more stuff at stake (a Bronze V player has nothing to lose, while a Master one might get more chances of going pro if he/she climbs up to Challenger, so the Bronze player has more chances of trolling), and that has nothing to do with Riot failing at solving toxicity.

fcvkriot wrote:
ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS $$$$$$$$$$ SO THEY MAKE NEW CHAMPS AND SKINS THEN IF THEY ARE TOO OP THEY JUST NERF THE FVCK OUT OF THEM TILL DEATH.
This is their bussiness model. They keep releasing champions to "keep the game fresh" for a good bunch of the playerbase (it does work though). IDK of a game that doesn't do this, but you might be able to find one if that's what you prefer.

fcvkriot wrote:
And for some fcking reason we can't even remake.
If remakes were available based off events in the game, people would start forcing others to troll/ragequit so that they get the remake and don't lose LP. I think we can both agree that the community has enough ****ty players that this would be a pretty common thing if said remakes were available.
(Riot has explained this several times on different posts)

fcvkriot wrote:
0. Before I say my 2 cents, I just want to say if you don't care about winning DO NOT FCVKING PLAY RANKED. Don't go into ranked games and say **** like, "it's just a game." It pisses me the hell off and I am sure it does to a plenty other players too.
Agreed. Unfortunately not everyone agrees on this, and there's nothing Riot can do to enforce it even if they wanted to (how would you go about it? it's not a solvable problem...).

fcvkriot wrote:
1. Every player should have REAL POWER TO PUNISH OTHER PLAYERS IN RANKED. (HINT: Censoring curse words during game is not the solution ;). )

[...]
GIVE THE DAMN POWER TO PUNISH TO THE PEOPLE. YOU ARE NOT PLAY BUT THE PLAYERS ARE THE ONES PLAYING. Like maybe if a player gets reported within a ranked game by more than 2 or more players he should be IMMEDIATELY PUNISHED. REPORTING IS NOT ENOUGH THERE NEEDS TO BE A SYSTEM GIVEN TO THE GODDAM PLAYERS.
You do realise that "giving the power to punish" also means the trolls have power to punish others? If you're worried about people killing others you don't just give a gun to everyone.

That said IDK why Riot never got the Tribunal back up. Or at least it isn't working here in LAS. It was a pretty neat way to give some power to the playerbase without too much risk of trolls abusing it.

fcvkriot wrote:
2. MAKE BETTER TUTORIALS BEFORE GETTING INTO RANKED

This is especially for Bronze/Silver/Gold, I see so many ******* players who DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE GAME.
[...]
Like, the beginning tutorials are a joke they only tell you about the mechanisms.
Agreed. Riot has stated that their tutorials suck, but I think they should try to make ranked slightly more restrictive too. Fortunately, the 10 bans system they're going to implement means new players stepping into ranked will need 20 champions instead of 16 to start playing. Not a perfect solution, but it will probably make things better in Bronze and low Silver.

fcvkriot wrote:
3. FVK THIS ELO SYSTEM.

I don't get why they insert elo system + tiers into account when getting queued. Like, for example, I would be on a 5 game winning streak as a Gold II then the next game I get queued up with someone not in my tier but rather same elo while my teammates are low Gold II. This happens every fcking time. It is almost like Riot wants us to stay in our tiers put so they want you to keep playing their games and not be content. WELL FVCK YOU RIOT. I firmly believe the elo system should only be used as reference and should not determine who should I be queued up with. It is just fcking demoralizing.
I'm not getting what you're asking for. What would you expect this "better system" to take in account? Or are you asking for a "better elo system"?

Assuming you want a better elo system, winning streaks are mostly influenced by luck (the same way losing streaks are mostly influenced by it). If you were actually better than what your elo says you would be able to keep the winning streaks going.

If you're complaining about the other team having better ranks, that happens from time to time, and it often means you win more LP/elo if you win and lose less of it if you lose. Pretty standard for a ranking system. You can't expect everyone on every filled role to be of the same exact rank, it's just unfeasible (plus duos/trios already add ****py restrictions to matchmaking).

fcvkriot wrote:
4. AUTO-FILL AUTOFILL OH AUTOFILL

I have seen so many "omg autofill please switch or feed." I mean at least give these players a third choice ******* or there should be a system where you need to be capable in at least 2-3 positions. Riot doesn't care and they assign you positions so this just creates only more chaos.
Autofill is there because nobody picks support. A "never autofill me in X" system was tested in LAS/LAN (I tried it) some time ago and people just banned support, which defied the whole purpose of autofill in the first place.

IMO there should be something like that, only that the least wanted role shouldn't be available for ban, but meh, it would end up being the same as a third role, adding more complexity which most of the playerbase won't care about (full disclosure here, I'm part of that small group, but I agree it's not that much of a big deal and I'd rather have Rito pulling resources in other more interesting stuff).

fcvkriot wrote:
5. REMAKE SHOULDN'T BE DICTATED BY AFK'S.
I like the idea but just there are so many different types of trolls that the players should be able to determine if they want to remake or not why does fvcking riot not give the right to the players. Give them FREEDOM TO REMAKE LIKE WITHIN 1:30 OR 2:00 OF THE GAME JESUSFCK MAN.
Already addressed this one.

fcvkriot wrote:
Does anyone feel my pain, bruh? Like I like the game itself but if LoL was country all they care about is $$$$ and the 1% rich and economy, etc, while they let the avg ppl on their own.
I do get mad from time to time about the **** they make. But in the end it's a free game. You're free to not buy anything and leave the game whenever you like without losing anything more than a few years of your life.

fcvkriot wrote:
Games are supposed to stress relievers.
Not this game, League is all about pwning n00bs :^)

fcvkriot wrote:
Btw I just uninstalled LoL. The amount of stress I get this from this game is just not worth my time+energy.
Good call though. It's not worth to keep playing a game that stresses you so much. I really wish more people would realise that, then there would be less flaming for sure.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2017 3:36pm | Report
I think a lot of your issues could be addressed by an ability to verbally communicate with your teammates. I don't think the ping system is enough.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2017 3:46pm | Report
I play this game to have fun and while winning is usually served on the side, I don't force myself to play meta ***** picks in rankeds.

Idk how people run into these problems "all the time", considering that I have run to them twice or thrice at most. Communication isn't that hard imo.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2017 4:08pm | Report
Ranked is intended to be a gamemode about trying to win as a priority... Meta *****s completely miss the point about winning though. If you force yourself to play a top tier pick but you suck at the meta playstyle you may play worse than if you made your best pick.

You can try to win with off-meta picks or whatever gives you most fun, but if you're not trying to win then you're playing the wrong game mode.

Janitsu wrote:
Idk how people run into these problems "all the time", considering that I have run to them twice or thrice at most. Communication isn't that hard imo.
By "these problems" you mean toxicity in general? Or just extreme trolling? Because toxicity is pretty common in most ranked games...
fcvkriot
<Member>
fcvkriot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2017 6:00pm | Report

-Then who is there to blame? Consumers have to blame **** so companies realize what needs to be addressed first rather than keep spend all time developing champions that are not even going to be played that much anyway. There needs to be a huge effort on Riot's part at some point in time to address this so they can follow their "motto" of keeping the game "fresh".

-I mean talking about fresh they are only adding champions but in my eyes doing minimal effort to improve and diversify gameplay.

-Of course toxic players are not Riot's fault. But the environment itself is definitely generating these occurrences more than often and that is a fact.

-How would players force to remake? Make the time limit at 1 minute mark or 2 minute mark so people know the limit. And trolls are often distinguishable based on their picks. So make a voting system before 2 min and everyone wins. I don't see a problem but just Riot making excuses.

-No, I think you misunderstood what I am saying here. Give "some acutal" power to the players. There NEEDS to be a system like this where the customer is able to distinguish the good and bad. Maybe give a credibility system where players with good credibility have more power to punish others but not much. Like if player A gets stacked with a certain amount of "warnings" from players within 1 game he SHOULD receive some form of punishment. Toxic players do not give a fcvk because of their rankings but also because KNOW they are not punished as much.

-No, I meant ranked games should be within our fcvking own tier. Isn't that the point of tiers? You are at top of your tier and you should be matched with these tiers to go on to the "next tier" not play the higher tiers in promos.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2017 6:06pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
Ranked is intended to be a gamemode about trying to win as a priority... Meta *****s completely miss the point about winning though. If you force yourself to play a top tier pick but you suck at the meta playstyle you may play worse than if you made your best pick.

You can try to win with off-meta picks or whatever gives you most fun, but if you're not trying to win then you're playing the wrong game mode.

I don't know, I get really annoyed seeing my team pick off-meta champs in ranked when the enemy team always consists of whatever is broken at the time. It usually ends up giving them a huge advantange. Katarinas, Kha'Zixs, Varuses and Fioras (at their times, though all strong now still I believe) always got very fed, esp playing against bad champions.

But mostly I get mad that people like to pick their ****ty off-meta champs in any comp because it's their fun champ and it's a champ they think they're good at. Never mind that we have no tank/no AP/bad teamfights etc.

However I don't think it's better to blindly pick the current FOTM. I don't know what the solution is, but I just wish people would play better champs in ranked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2017 8:26pm | Report
Quoted:
But mostly I get mad that people like to pick their ****ty off-meta champs in any comp because it's their fun champ and it's a champ they think they're good at. Never mind that we have no tank/no AP/bad teamfights etc.

Ugh, don't make me started to those amateur Miss Fortune support players.
Thanks OwenTheAwesomer for the sig!
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2017 9:14pm | Report
fcvkriot wrote:
-Then who is there to blame? Consumers have to blame **** so companies realize what needs to be addressed first rather than keep spend all time developing champions that are not even going to be played that much anyway. There needs to be a huge effort on Riot's part at some point in time to address this so they can follow their "motto" of keeping the game "fresh".
You can always blame the trolls y'know? They're the ones doing the harm. Asking Riot to end trolls in their game is like asking a car company to make you a car that doesn't kill you if you have an accident.

And I know that this sounds like I'm defending Riot, but they've been trying a lot of different stuff regarding toxicity. The remake function was just one of the few things that helped. They have blogs and/or lots of posts on why they don't make a "prisoner's island" queue, why they're conservative on bans, why the remake function is only for people that disconnect before the game starts and there'll probably be one for any common idea that doesn't work (which is 99% of the suggestions angry people make).

fcvkriot wrote:
spend all time developing champions that are not even going to be played that much anyway
New champions get played A LOT. You're probably talking out of rage, but the last time a new champion was underplayed (that I remember) was launch Syndra, only because she was so undertuned that she was unplayable. And that was years ago. Even Bard saw a lot of play, and he probably had the same win rate (but he looks cool as hell to play so he got played a lot).

fcvkriot wrote:
-I mean talking about fresh they are only adding champions but in my eyes doing minimal effort to improve and diversify gameplay.
Diversity has only gone up for the last years though. Last year's worlds had 40% representation. You might be seeing the preseason aftershock (lots of changes in preseason means a couple of new broken stuff), but this is nothing compared to release Darius/ Draven or the league of Black Cleaver, and it will recover as the regular season advances. They've been improving on diversity to the point that most champions have their own niche sans a couple of outliers, which will soon get a rework anyways... Also, they have a blog on diversity.

fcvkriot wrote:
-Of course toxic players are not Riot's fault. But the environment itself is definitely generating these occurrences more than often and that is a fact.
What environment? It's a team game where you're forced to cooperate with 4 random anonymous people, of course trolls will have power, but you can't take that away without fundamentally changing the game. What do you suggest?

fcvkriot wrote:
-How would players force to remake? Make the time limit at 1 minute mark or 2 minute mark so people know the limit. And trolls are often distinguishable based on their picks. So make a voting system before 2 min and everyone wins. I don't see a problem but just Riot making excuses.
You force a remake by harassing people or tricking them into dying (or letting one die after an unsuccessful invade?). Even if you don't force an afk/death, you'll gratuitously make people be more toxic because they feel that's a good play pattern. There are enough toxic people out there who would do this.

fcvkriot wrote:
-No, I think you misunderstood what I am saying here. Give "some acutal" power to the players. There NEEDS to be a system like this where the customer is able to distinguish the good and bad. Maybe give a credibility system where players with good credibility have more power to punish others but not much. Like if player A gets stacked with a certain amount of "warnings" from players within 1 game he SHOULD receive some form of punishment. Toxic players do not give a fcvk because of their rankings but also because KNOW they are not punished as much.
This is exactly how the report system works. If you spam report your reports lose value (most people that complain about their reports not turning into a punishment just spam report a lot so their reports have very low value), and if one player is unambiguously toxic one game he/she gets punished after that one game. Thing is, most people don't go out of their way to report, some forget and the ones who are used to reporting people have less power on their reports. Also, side note, group reports have less value to avoid stacking reports but that system wasn't clarified too much.

fcvkriot wrote:
-No, I meant ranked games should be within our fcvking own tier. Isn't that the point of tiers? You are at top of your tier and you should be matched with these tiers to go on to the "next tier" not play the higher tiers in promos.
Errr, there isn't enough people online at all times. The division/tiers are just a display feature. They tend to group you with your friends so that you get to compare each other but it doesn't affect your matchmaking. It's kinda obscure but it gives a better sense of progress than having your MMR openly displayed while you see how little each game adds up.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2017 9:17pm | Report
Quoted:

However I don't think it's better to blindly pick the current FOTM. I don't know what the solution is, but I just wish people would play better champs in ranked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The solution is getting better at it yourself and using that as an edge to climb higher. If you know a composition is going to be unplayably ****ty you can dodge while winning against those same ****ty compositions if noone in the other team dodged for them.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide