Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

General questions regarding mid champions

Creator: AyushGarg October 29, 2012 8:52am
1 2
AyushGarg
<Member>
AyushGarg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 8:52am | Report
Hi guys :)

Ive recently started playing in the mid lane along with jungling. Ive picked up Ryze, Katarina and Lux for now. Im planning to save up for Ahri, Orianna and Anivia. Is that a good idea? Also, what other champions should I pick up?

Also, which runes should I be aiming on getting?

Thank you :)
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 8:58am | Report
good general ap runes:
magic pen reds
flat mana regen seals
flat magic resist glyphs
ability power quints

On your champions with hella range, like brand and lux orianna xerath, consider picking up scaling ap glyphs.

I main mid, and have quite a few specialized runes. Some important runes you will need are:

armor seals (kat, vlad, manaless)

flat ap glyphs (early game movers and shakers, i run this on ap tristana and a couple others)

Movespeed quints (mordekaiser and a few others)

mana regen/level seals (anivia, swain, people that are mana hungry all game)

Magic resist quints (galio only)

health per/lvl seals (decent on vlad, kennen, and other manaless, most prefer armor)

Energy regen seals: (kennen)

and the cheesiest runes I have:

Hp regen per level seals (I was srs about mordekaiser once...)
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 9:12am | Report
Also, Ori is quite advanced. If you want good and easy, consider morgana and kennen.

I think annie is 450 ip. Kinda ****ty right now, but still easy and decent.

My fav mid to play right now is brand. OP fun and OP new skin.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 9:21am | Report
I suggest running with as many champions as you can at any given time, if someone you think is cool pops up free give them a few games. It's easiest to play the champion than to take our word for it, I thought I'd hate vayne, and everyone kept telling me I shouldn't get her, but one free week later and I bought her. It's all about gameplay. As for mids, mst mids have very defined styles, I run Vlad and Kat because they're manaless, but I also run others like Ziggs because they're a challenge with all their fancy skill shots. Analyze their kit and decide :).

As for Runes, ThroatSlasher hit right on the money, as to be expected.

Anivia and Orianna are very difficult champions to use but if used properly give a ton of impact. Players like BigfatLP make anivia look like a god, and people like Toyz use Orianna like no one else. Toyz in particular made a huge impact on the grand finals recently with his Orianna. Extremely fun characters that take a lot of work to use but pay off really well.

As for Ahri, I have a bit of experience on that, but not much. She's definitely fun and if played right, extremely safe. Her damage output is pretty high as long as you land charm to get the full combo, and her passive keeps her fairly sustained if you're a conservative early game player.

other champions with good sustain would be Morgana and Vlad (though Vlad functions at a safer level at solo top in my opinion, he works just as well in mid if you play him well)

good safe mids include Morgana and Ahri. Morgana has black shield to fend off CC from ganks and she can also fend of magic damage with it. Black shield becomes amazing late game to keep an ally from being CCed to death. Ahri's ult can move her 3 times in any direction, or one time in three different directions, letting her juke and run fairly effectively, and charm slows down opponents she hits.

strong burst champions include Annie and Veigar. Two champions with almost no sustained damage, but MASSIVE burst during their combo. once their runs out they don't have a whole lot they can do untill it comes back up but will likely take someone out with their combo. Veigar also has a stun and his Q gives him p permanent AP for every kill her gets with it minions included. with the recent DFG nerf however, Veigar has been hurt some.

And strong CC comes from the likes of Morgana and Veigar, as well as some such as victor, or swain. These characters have a stun or some other type of move that locks the enemy down. Ahri has a CC in the form of Charm but I've talked about that already. Morgana can snare someone and then drop her puddle on them to do constant damage, Veigar's stun sets up his combo and can last long enough to get the team in on it. I've seen nothing scarier than a maokai twisted advance followed up by a veigar stun early game. It can be devastating.

Keep in mind that's not all the champions that fall under that category, and I didn't brush up on sustained mids, I don't have the best League knowledge so I just kinda did what came to my mind.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
AyushGarg
<Member>
AyushGarg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 10:48am | Report
Thanks for replying guys :).

First up, I have bought Annie as she was pretty cheap and I bought Veigar as well. Hes pretty situational as a burst champ but really fun :).

As for runes, I have about 6k IP with me and im only level 20 right now. I think im going to pick up the general runes that throat told me to get :).

Also, is Brand a good champion? I was contemplating of buying him when he was on sale but everyone said that he was really weak. Thoughts?
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 10:59am | Report
Brands good, fun, and has a really cool halloween skin if you want to shell out 1.8k RP to get it. :3
Ban out GoodPlays GG
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 1:46am | Report
i recommend ahri or orianna.
AyushGarg
<Member>
AyushGarg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 2:12am | Report
I guess ill be buying Ahri :). Also, how is Vladimir? I saw him on sale today and was thinking of buying him.
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 7:41am | Report
decent.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 4:17pm | Report
Vladimir is a late game beast, but weak pre-9
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide