Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Has Face of the mountain stopped working properly?

Creator: CrysJaL November 28, 2014 3:17pm
CrysJaL
<Member>
CrysJaL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2014 3:17pm | Report
I was in a game today as Alistar, supporting an incredibly bad Kalista (who was actually Gold ranked, was shocking quite frankly). Anyway, I noticed that the Face of the Mountain and it's earlier forms didn't work all the time, not procking the gold and heal effect on a successful last hit. It felt like I was trying to last hit the minions like I would Thresh but that didn't seem to work either. When I would kill the minions the 1gp would appear over their heads (from my masteries) as if the Kalista had scored the kill, not activating my stack and the game would continue.

I also noticed that occasionally the icon to show how many stacks of the gold income effect on FOTM would bug a couple of times displaying the wrong didgets and seemingly frozen as there was no darker portion on the image to denote a timer being displayed. It was really confusing.

Does anyone know what is going on? Is this a thing with Kalsita or is it associated with the new 4.20 patch?
SpikyBits
<Member>
SpikyBits's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2014 3:36pm | Report
The first part is a thing with Kalista and how her Sentinel passive procs. Basicly no matter who kills the minion with the proc Kalista get the credit, as you have described. It should also be the same for killing blows on champions and monsters.

No idea about the second part.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2014 3:47pm | Report
SpikyBits wrote:
The first part is a thing with Kalista and how her Sentinel passive procs. Basicly no matter who kills the minion with the proc Kalista get the credit, as you have described. It should also be the same for killing blows on champions and monsters.

No idea about the second part.

Yep, that's pretty much it. It's really hard to get stacks off with a Kalista on your team.

You have to proc the passive... and then kill it with the stacks.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2014 2:47am | Report
Indeed. It's because if you kill a unit with a Sentinel proc, the kill always goes to the Kalista.

The second part is a bug I've been noticing. At full stacks, the timer always freezes just before halfway. It's a weird bug. I could also be attributed to the recent cooldown icon bug that's been happening to Azir and Fiddlesticks, but it's likely the former.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2014 9:10am | Report
I've been having a similar issue, but your's is probably Kalista based. It'd be cool if they allowed her passive to also use Face the Mountain, but iunno. My problem was that the actual item wasn't working. There were times where I have to physically last hit minions to get the heal (which no adc is comfortable in letting you do). Not sure why this happens, but it's been happening frequently to me.

But yeah, it's a Kalista thing for ya.
Eyy
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 1, 2014 1:07pm | Report
If you're a ranged champion, you do have to physically last hit them in order for both people to get the gold share.

So, that's not a bug.
CrysJaL
<Member>
CrysJaL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2014 8:27am | Report
^^^ Alistar. the incredible ranged support. ^^^
Savlonic
<Member>
Savlonic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2014 10:17am | Report
Overall if you're supporting a Kalista I think it's more worth it to go Ancient Coin due to how unlikely it'll be to ever spend stacks of Relic Shield post level 4, unless she delays getting Sentinel until laning phase is over, which is a pretty bad idea. Also irrelevant as it may be, you shouldn't be shocked, Gold and Platinum are more or less silver with a shinier badge in most cases.
Sig by TheNameless ^ Check out my Nasus guide ^
MoXAriApph
<Member>
MoXAriApph's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2014 7:01pm | Report
Haven't noticed anything lately like this, I do know Kalistas passive messes with it, so it'll probably be fixed sometime later if it keeps happening.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide