Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Is Nidalee hard to play? Actually?

Creator: Spaceycoww
December 23, 2011 4:18pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

14 posts page 1 of 2 Forums » General Discussion » Is Nidalee hard to play? Actually?
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Spaceycoww » December 23, 2011 4:18pm | Report
Yes I know it says Nidalee is hard to play but I want to know if you feed as her if you are new to her. I want to start playing her because she is uber strong with her spells but don't want to feed in games because I am a noob.
+Rep me Plz!!/Thanks to the GrandMasterD, Xiaowiriamu, Missmaw, LaCorpse, The_Nameless_Bard, Spooon and Myself for the Sigs!!
Spaceycoww's Forum Avatar

Spaceycoww
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Taneren » December 23, 2011 4:21pm | Report
Depends.. There are 2 ways of playing her.

Warmogs/Atma's/Trinty (AD-Tank)

Rabadon (AP)

AD-Tank is a bit boring though. You are spending most of your time in cougar form, and it requires less skills.

AP will give you the feeling of 1-2 shotting someone with a spear (But you risk feeding and do poorly in the game)

I like to play AP myself, as it requires a bit more skill and kiting + Skill shots at longe range.
Taneren's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Taneren
<Scout>
Rep: Prominent (177)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Samoh » December 23, 2011 4:26pm | Report
It depends how you play anyone, she's generally pretty easy to get the simple grasp of. As with 90% of champions in League, you'll only feed with her if you make stupid mistakes, just as every other champion.
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
Samoh's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Samoh
<Member>
Rep: Notable (44)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Wintermond » December 23, 2011 4:52pm | Report
Easy to learn, **** hard to master.
Nidalee is probably one of the deepest champs in LoL due to two stances, insane variability, stuff like walljumping and many different playstyles.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Wintermond's Forum Avatar

Wintermond
<Scout>
Rep: Prominent (189)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Mooninites » December 23, 2011 4:58pm | Report
getting the hang of her isn't hard. But mastering her, and seemless fluidity while pouncing between walls, ledges, etc. is very difficult. I think wintermond basically convered everything I wanted to say.

Also, even though tanky-dps nidalee is easier than AP (at the moment), it still isn't simple enough for anyone to pick up overnight.

I recommend learning her if you have intentions to really pursuit getting better at her
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Mooninites's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mooninites
<Member>
Rep: Distinguished (275)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Spaceycoww » December 23, 2011 5:47pm | Report
Got it thanks :) So I will get kills like I do regularly with AP champions and won't feed unless I make stupid mistakes? As you can see I play AP champions and will of course play her like an AP champion.
+Rep me Plz!!/Thanks to the GrandMasterD, Xiaowiriamu, Missmaw, LaCorpse, The_Nameless_Bard, Spooon and Myself for the Sigs!!
Spaceycoww's Forum Avatar

Spaceycoww
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Mooninites » December 23, 2011 6:14pm | Report
with that type of mentality you may as well not even play her. She requires a lot more patience and precision than virtually any ap champion you've played. Also requires heavy teamplay.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Mooninites's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mooninites
<Member>
Rep: Distinguished (275)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Luther3000 » December 23, 2011 6:30pm | Report
I played Nidalee when she was free a few months back, just before she got nerfed, and she was one of the more difficult champions I've played.

I did okay, but it felt like I was missing something, like a true master could be godlike with her but it would take months of effort.
Luther3000's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Rep: Esteemed (440)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Nighthawk » December 23, 2011 6:56pm | Report
AP nid is **** easy to play.

Throw spears.

It's also **** hard to master though, your positioning needs to be 100% godlike with cougar form.

It's also the same with AD Nid, but your positioning needs to be 1000% more godlike.

Nighthawk's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Rep: Renowned (680)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by The_Nameless_Bard » December 23, 2011 7:19pm | Report
agreed.

Nidalee is easy to pick up, but her skill set makes her very hard to master.

I like to play tanky AD personally, but AP is also very good.

I would try both and pick the one you like the best.
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Rep: Renowned (624)
Blog   |   Profile