Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Item Preview - The Storm

Creator: cooper56 November 14, 2012 12:31pm
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2012 9:50pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

well Shuru you have to remember that its the two nearest UNITS next to your target, that means it hits minions if theyre closer

Yeah that's true, but if you're kiting down river or in an empty jungle it'd work easier. More than enough times have I kited down a lane and not been close to enemy minions as well.

You do have a point though, if minions are around it presents a problem.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 6:53am | Report
For those who are interested and didnt read it yet:

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22366-the-news-roundup-visual-upgrade-nidalee-the

explaination how it works on what champ.

Vayne is an exception, normally she'd get it's effect, but thanks to her spell's unqiue nature it's specially coded to only effect the main target.

Varus, Teemo's skill etc. WILL work with Hurricane since their skills apply on EVERY attack and aren't auto-hit MODIFIERS for the next attack (like TF's "Draw a Card" or Sona's Power Cord etc.).
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 7:38am | Report
Kog'Maw will be so strong with that item, Teemo aswell. Especially Teemo with either an AP/AS or an pure on-hit build.

On hit Teemo:
Frozen Mallet+ Runaan’s Hurricane+ Wit's End+ Blade of the Ruined King+ Mercury's Treads+armor item. If Blackfire Torch will be avaiable that aswell.
He is gonna kill you!!!
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 7:41am | Report
What if you have this and Tiamat? Or with Frozen Mallet or Bloodthirster? Would these still proc? If Tiamat works then there will be some serious splash damage.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 7:42am | Report
It can't work with Tiamat because Tiamat is meele only while hurricane is Ranged only. It will definitly work with Frozen Mallet and will stack Bloodthirster. It also should work with lifesteal.
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 8:46am | Report
Basically any item that has an on hit passive, and any ability that has an on hit passive. Meaning stuff like teemo's poison, red buff, Frozen Mallet, etc. will work with this. It's really nice, I'm gonna try it on AP Teemo and On-Hit Teemo when it comes out.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 9:32am | Report
Wouldn't this item open routes to taking some normal AD Carries and transforming them into ranged bruisers? It seems like Cait with this + Frozen Mallet + Wit's End and whatever else was needed could be REALLY annoying
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 9:38am | Report
I figure that this is Riot's plan to counter melee bruisers and balancing burst assassine against ranged champs... by enabling ranged ADCs to go on-hit/tanky.

I kinda foresee a small meta shift to a "everything at least a bit tanky except for burst assass".
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 9:52am | Report
I disagree. I don't think ad's will build any tankier, I just think this will be a sick item to replace the newly nerfed PD with. This could be roflstomp on ashe and sivir, imo. God, I hope this works with sivir's ricochet. You throw an auto attack and a w and all of a sudden there are BB's everywhere....
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Clu Gulager
<Member>
Clu Gulager's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 15, 2012 9:56am | Report
(correct me if i'm wrong) this item plus lifesteal should make it viable on any carry.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide