Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Karma Rework Coming!

Creator: MrCuddowls March 6, 2013 5:45pm
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2013 10:56am | Report

I heard somewhere that she has a 38% win ratio, the lowest of any champ. I don't think any of these people said they mained karma, just that they want her reworked so that she is viable again. Personally I think that she just needed a few tweaks here and there to be totally viable, but if they want to rework her, w/e. I liked her kit, thought it was interesting and played some matches with her, but i'm not married to her.

unfortunatly i don't think she was completely unviable, but she had so many quircks that people no longer know how to have her in her team. also, you ocasionally see a pair in lolking charts with 100% win rate karma (last one i saw was karma+twitch). also she is not in the lowest win rate on the proving grounds, probably because heals and shields on aram are op.

As requested to GMD himself.
ZeroSoulreaver
<Member>
ZeroSoulreaver's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2013 11:02am | Report
Karma wasn't bad, people just didn't want to take any effort to learn her. Could she use a few buffs? Yes but she wasn't as terrible as some make her out to be.

-I'll ADC you l8er-
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2013 11:24am | Report
Basic things they could have done to her to make her viable:

make Heavenly Wave heal 2% per 50 ap
make Spirit Bond deal a dot to the target it is attached to, instead of just the champs that run through it
Soul Shield is a great ability, doesn't need changed.
reduce the CD on Mantra so that maximum CDR is not 1000% necessary, and have it give you 3 charges instead of 2 so you can actually cycle through your rotation fully empowered.

I think if they would implement these changes (or at least something similar) Karma would be absolutely viable and a hell of alot of fun to play, and well worth the climb up to her crazy skillcap. But if they want to rework her, meh w/e more work for them.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2013 11:47am | Report

yeah that is a stretch..not that I don't think majority of other female champs aren't a bit ****ty..but I don't see how the this traditional Karma skin is even a little ****ty...everything is covered minus her shoulders and a single leg.

You seem to be slightly mistaken, sir. The top skin, with only two hands and her head unclothed, is the Traditional Karma skin. The splash art and lower skin is Karma's new regular skin.

I actually really like the way the Traditional Karma skin looks. I understand that removing her fans isn't going to be okay with everyone, but I understand where Riot was coming from when they removed them. Fans don't make terribly much sense as a physical embodiment of Karma's power. There's nothing inherently powerful or mystical about fans, and they would tend to suggest that she's melee rather than ranged; I mean, what the hell is a throwing fan, anyway? About the only thing it really did for her kit and overall look/feel was make the cone shape of Heavenly Wave intuitive.

I can also understand why Riot wanted to move her lore and look a bit away from what they described as "matronly" in the NA thread. LoL's playerbase is young, by and large, and it's hard for young people to really identify with that sort of archetype of character. (Especially since LoL's playerbase is predominantly young and male.) We don't want our new champions to be great diplomats or masterful politicians. We want champions to be awesome and powerful. Only after a champion is awesome and powerful does Riot really have room to do other things with their lore and look.

Also, there's little point talking about what Karma's post-rework kit is going to look like yet. Riot hasn't revealed that yet. All we know is that she'll still have Mantra.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2013 12:24pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Fans don't make terribly much sense as a physical embodiment of Karma's power. There's nothing inherently powerful or mystical about fans, and they would tend to suggest that she's melee rather than ranged; I mean, what the hell is a throwing fan, anyway?

.... Avatar Kyoshi says hi.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2013 2:29pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

i love when a rework happens and all these "karma mains" come out of nowhere, ****in love it

yeah moon look at all these posers

also im surprised no one else noticed but in her picture it looks like she has some sort of new skill, like on the traditional skin the bottom middle picture and on the next "original" skin on the top middle

so this means that her wave or shield are out of the picture because she still has spirit bond as you can see in the pictures, unless of course thats her ult which would be kind of unimpressive to me

what i really like is how her passive can be seen on her dress and skin, or if its something else but i do like the glowing she has
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2013 8:32am | Report

lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2013 11:01am | Report

Bad example. Kyoshi never does anything awesome without entering her Avatar state first, and that was already established as being a super-awesome source of power previously in the series. She channels her own power through the fans, but it's pretty clear that she could do it bare-handed or with a sword or with just about anything else to get the same result. Kyoshi's fans aren't powerful or functional, they're stylistic. Nor does she throw them, because that still doesn't make sense.

Similarly, the warriors (I can't remember the group's name) don't really use their fans as a source of power. It's clear that they use their fans as weapons more because they are easy to conceal and because Kyoshi used fans than because fans are actually great weapons. Their main source of power is their martial skill rather than anything specific in their gear, anyway.

The problem with Karma is that she doesn't have anything similar. There's nothing about her that has been previously established as a source of power. This is why I can understand Riot wanting to remove the fans, since weapons are used as an obvious power source for many other champions and fans aren't a good example of that, and rework Karma visually to make her more obviously powerful.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2013 1:50pm | Report
i played karma yesterday for lulz before she got reworked and i got two flawless victories in a row ): its gonna suck learning the new karma if they change her too much
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2013 6:09pm | Report
I just played Karma because I had honestly always liked her (As a character, design wise) but was never too into her kit, and wasn't very good at her. I wanted to get a real feel for who she currently is, so I could appreciate the rework more. She's already super fun, if not confusing, I don't see how anyone could really think she's boring. :/

Anyway, I like her currently as a mid, and hopefully I can make her a full addition to my roster of mids when she's reworked. :]

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide