Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Language settings for League of Legends

Creator: MyBloodisBlack November 16, 2016 12:44pm
1 2
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2016 12:44pm | Report
With the upcoming addition of Sandbox mode and Replay vastly approaching, I feel that the next step Riot needs to implement to the game is a setting where you pick which languages you know and then you are hopefully only paired into a game with 4 other players who know at least one language you also know.

It should also let you see which language (or languages) it is so that you know which to use when you want to communicate with that player and it should also be a reportable offence if someone either lies about the languages they know or if they refuse to respond to you during the game.

I am sure a lot of you may think this is just racism but seriously it is not but I find it frustrating to know I have lost so many games in League of Legends solely based on the fact that the rest of my team did not understand or speak English which made communication difficult if not impossible.

And yes I am aware that there is Pinging, but Pinging does not provide the entire communication required for a game like this, sometimes you need to get information to and from your team mates with words and not with a small pinging sound on the mini map.
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2016 12:47pm | Report
With the upcoming addition of Sandbox mode and Replay vastly approaching,

Do you have a source on the sandbox mode thing? I was under the impression that riot wouldnt add it because they wanted to keep the featured gamemode.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2016 12:51pm | Report
Well Riot said they were bring it out at some point as well as the Replay Mode, if they have decided not to I didn't hear about it.
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2016 1:30pm | Report
Nope, not gonna happen. Even DotA doesn't have it, technically.

Sure they have a "preferred language" setting, but everyone abuses it to get better teammates because it's a known fact that people speak English are better at the game, right? So then you get people who don't speak English, queuing in with people who only speak English, and it just makes everything difficult.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2016 2:57pm | Report
Nice in concept, but will likely just make queue times longer or will have no impact on the game as everyone will just say they speak English.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2016 6:47pm | Report
This really hasn't been an issue since they made a server for every conceivable region. I only rarely see people speaking French on NA (Conadians) and they usually know English too. It really shouldn't be an issue for anyone on NA (I think you're NA right?)
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2016 9:21am | Report
(I think you're NA right?)

No I'm from EUW so we can get about 9 different languages and not alot speak the same language yet alone English :/
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2016 9:45am | Report
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/road-pre-season-practice-tool-works

also I always get teammates on every server who speak English, so it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal at all
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2016 10:48am | Report
I think the game has a lot of tools to communicate with your fellow teammates without using a language at all. Also, typing is not something I have time for when I am playing, but that may be just me.

Or you could always learn another language, it's fun, and it helps you understand the world which makes it a better place :)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2016 3:13pm | Report
Yeah, what GMD said. You also learn a lot of phrases in other languages simply by context. I don't know French but I see it being spoken enough to match certain phrases to requests like "go mid" or "lets group".
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide