Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

League of Legends Queue Concept

Creator: Itolic August 19, 2012 11:39am
Should Players have the option to select the role they want to play before Queue
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 6:13pm | Report
Actually i just realized why this wont work. It depositories counter picking. Okay guy who qued as ap mid he is the banner and he must first pick his ap mid what if the team does not want first pick mid and get countered easily....
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 8:05pm | Report
cooper56 wrote:

Actually i just realized why this wont work. It depositories counter picking. Okay guy who qued as ap mid he is the banner and he must first pick his ap mid what if the team does not want first pick mid and get countered easily....

I think riot should set it up so that the order picking is in the ideal manner
so like this maybe

Support
AD Carry
Jungler
AP Mid
Solo top

So ya thats what i think the pick order should be
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 8:09pm | Report
BluAnimal wrote:

What's keeping someone from trolling this game, wasting everyones time they just put into the queue?

If your implying that someone can troll a game simply by leaving at the end of champion pick then you didnt read what i said carefully. If you leave During champion in that queue you will get banned/suspended
So trolls will get filtered out.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 8:14pm | Report
Hmmm... Honestly I don't think we'll know how well it'll work til they try it so all the talk isn't accomplishing much. It would be cool if they were to do this and see how it goes and if people liked it keep it and if not just take it out in the next patch. It's not like they haven't had rough weeks in the past.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 10:30pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

I think riot should set it up so that the order picking is in the ideal manner
so like this maybe

Support
AD Carry
Jungler
AP Mid
Solo top

So ya thats what i think the pick order should be

So then everyone puts support as one of their desired roles in order to firstpick, then firstpicks something other than support. The only way to stop it would be to require each person to only pick champions that fit their "role", which would destroy any sort of non-standard team compositions.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
wengthemeng
<Member>
wengthemeng's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 11:44pm | Report
I think this would be a great idea; however, I feel like there's a downside that I'm overlooking that I'm sure Riot knows about.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 12:21am | Report
This Idea is great and I'm for in the sense that's it's optional and not forced, I use to be a world of warcraft player back in the day's of burning crusade and Lich King, and at some time during Lich King they added an in game dungeon group finder, that would consist of three DPS a Tank and a Healer, If you went in the queue as a Hunter DPS the Queue would take anywhere from 10-55 minutes on a good day but for a Tank or Healer it would be almost instant as others have said this would also happen for League and if there are two queues to pick from finding a round for any role may take longer. but Blizzard kept working on there dungeon finder and in a few patches they never got it right. But Riot is better then Blizzard when it comes to patching stuff anyway they may get it right lol

Sorry about the long post just had a lot of thought about this
I stole this Sig idea from SoapSuds
Kaynore
<Member>
Kaynore's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 2:57am | Report
It is really the case of what defines each role.

How do you define each role? Is a jungler someone who kills neutrals in the jungle? If so, theoretically anyone can be a jungler. I mean Stonewall008 has jungled with champions that don't normally do so in ranked. The unspoken definition of a jungler is someone whose name is Nocturne, Olaf, Amumu etc; basically anyone who has the jungler brand. Restricting champions in each role in the MM in a particular role would mean that the most absurd things cannot be done. For example, some people may not expect a jungle gragas and perhaps underestimate him. Jungle Gragas can be the new meta but due to him not being classified as jungler, it cannot be done. Same thing can apply with everyone. CLG did support Galio and it did well and it was something that was not expected.

Also, if you do not restrict champions for the role, someone can claim to support but ends up not doing so.

TL;DR If you restrict champions in particular roles, innovation is hampered in ranked. If you have no champion restrictions in each role, you can call that role but do something completely opposite.

Current MM is not much better though but I do not support with this suggestion.

EDIT: Made some changes to make it look better.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 3:34am | Report
Kaynore makes a good point.
That's something I haven't taken into consideration because what if they did make a queue system would you be forced to chose from a set list champions that fit the bracket you chose for the queue, which would completely break the very foundation of what makes League so great, there are different Runes, Masteries, Items, etc to pick from so that each character could be played differently example Nidalee could be built for attack damage or she could be built ability power, or even a hybrid. Come to think of it a queue system like this could completely break the game by telling us how to play, it would also take originality out of the game try a unorthodox build and be called a troll, because it would dictate how the champions are to be used
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 6:46am | Report

Ive suggested this in the past. It works wonderfully for WoW, and i think it would be amazing here following the current meta, which is not likely to change any time soon. Yes absolutely.

edit: And this by no means longer que times. WoW ques hardly ever last more than 30 seconds, often they are instantaneous.

You should not forget that is valid only for PvE where encounters are designed for those roles. That doesn't work that way in PvP. The only valid design role concept is jungling others are prone to meta shift or counterpick

When I started my account I saw AD carries mid very often just because people snowballed with them hard due to farm advantage. People won the games that way and I coulnd't imagine how Riot could explain to them why if you pick AD carry option you should go bot with other guy. It's not their job because it's player-made concept. It's clear for many of us why meta is the way it is but if you stop players letting think for themselves from the beginning (much love for raging smurf accounts) you'd probably kill some of the creativiy that comes from it. And no, picking a line doesn't really do the trick cause it still prevents people from doing things outside the box (roaming support M5) and is prone to trolling (you'd still rage if someone picked bot and went Lulu + Karma). People need to get what metagame is and why it is artificial in it's nature.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide