Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

LoL Tips - How to counter jungle

Creator: tugafabio November 22, 2012 10:03am
tugafabio
<Member>
tugafabio's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2012 10:03am | Report

give me your opinion please
CounterSnipe
<Member>
CounterSnipe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2012 1:05pm | Report
I liked the introduction animation. Thought it was really professional.
I think this is good as a general tips video, but there are a lot of things missing from this.
To make this video more complete you should offer these things.

1) A list of champions that excel at counter jungling, and why they are good at it.
You stated in the beginning that fast junglers make for good counter junglers, but this is only 1/2 true. The other 1/2 of a counter jungler is being able to escape the jungle if you are caught.
Lee Sin is currently considered to be the #1 counter jungler in the game due to the fact he can gap close through walls with his Sonic Wave and escape enemy jungler with his Safeguard.

Shyvana is another strong jungler due to the fact that she can easily clear a camp, or just take the larger monster in the camp, within a few seconds. She can also escape from being caught with her ultimate.

And then just to include more champions.

2) Offer a list of champions who are prone to counter jungling.
What I mean is to make a list of champions that cannot recover well from being counter jungled/champions that cannot stop counter jungling. For example:
Shen is the most easily countered jungler in the game due to his slow clear times and lack of mobility through the jungle. He also has no way, other than his taunt, to keep an enemy jungler subdued, which means that it's easy to escape from shen even if he catches you in his jungle.

Warwick, Xin Zhao and Jarvan IV are also quite easy to counter jungle due to the fact that they will rely mostly on auto attacks in order to clear a camp.

3) Offer counter jungle routes.
You used Nunu & Willump in your video to go quickly from your blue buff to the red buff, and then gank top. This is only 1 route which can be used during the early stages of the game.

4) Counter jungling isn't only about taking creeps.
I know you said that counter jungling revolves around taking creeps, and it does, but some counter junglers go into the jungle to directly kill the enemy jungler. This strategy is generally directed towards junglers who are super aggressive early game like Shyvana, Shaco and Lee Sin.

Overall I thought it was good as a general tip video. You talked about how to time the buffs, which is a must when you counter jungle. You talked about wards, which was good. But I feel that if we're really going to touch on counter jungling, we might as well go all the way, you know?
tugafabio
<Member>
tugafabio's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 10:12am | Report
well CounterSnipe first of all let me thank you because you were the only one who gave me the opinion. And yea i agree with everything you just said but i just don't wanted to make big video. Not in the beggining... Because if the people see that its a video with 4+ minutes they won't probabily see it. I will post a new video in 2 days i think and i will try to make it more complete. Thanks again for you reply :D
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 11:20am | Report
Needs more vodka.

Abuse your accent to your viewers amusement since, let's be honest your accent is hilariously russian.

And i completely agree with especially 4th point of other guy.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
tugafabio
<Member>
tugafabio's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2012 1:36pm | Report
Well i don't think my accent will be the same in the next video... i was sick at the moment that i recorded it so my voice is different

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide