Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Morello on Soraka and Heavy Sustain Champions

Creator: Klausenheim July 3, 2012 11:09am
1 2 3
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 11:09am | Report
This is a post by Morello on the LoL forums, it hit home for me so I thought I would share it here and read your opinions on it as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittor
"Why would I? I'm being completely honest here, I hate shields. They feel so dissatisfying. They don't give me the satisfaction and enjoyment being a healer does.

I know her role as a support is supposed to be on the CC heavy side like Alistar. That's fine. But a shield for me is just a mana sink that ultimately doesn't change the situation you're in. yes, you've made the clutch save once in awhile, but your carry is still weak and has to go back. So the enemy still has accomplished their goal and pushed them out of lane.

I use Taric as my second choice because he still does have that healer feel along with having some actual CC. His mana issues feel horrible for me though and his heal feels weak late game since he doesn't get any AP outside of a lucky pick and has no secondary effect."

This is going to be maybe the most unpopular post I've ever made, but yes, I think we're not interested in supporting your favorite, long-loved playstyle of healing people as a job. This type of reaction is what's keeping me more skittish than I ought to be, but logically I can't say anything else and have it be correct

EDIT: Trolled with upvtoes? ;x

Link here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=26454325#26454325

Basically Morello finally admitted that endless sustain healer supports are toxic - something that I've been saying since I started playing this game. And yet there is a pretty vocal (albeit small) group of players that are absolutely dedicated to this playstyle. So I have two questions.

1. Do you, as a LoL player, agree with Morello's view on heals?
2. If you are one of the many players who love Soraka, what is your reasoning behind doing so?
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 11:42am | Report
He's been saying that for almost a year now, so it's not exactly new.

Soraka is pretty lame.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 11:47am | Report
I hate that goat *****. Nerf her into the ground!

/QQ
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Felenore
<Member>
Felenore's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 11:52am | Report

I hate that goat *****. Nerf her into the ground!

/QQ

My sentiments.

Honestly, soraka is so BORING for both sides.
SO against her, you waste all your ****...BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE. SHE HEALS. Not one heal, make that a double heal at level 6. But wait! One of her heal grants heavy armour, while the other is global! Triple if she takes the summoners.

A nightmare on bottom lane street, really. Unless they play full ****** and suck, Soraka and her carry are practically immovable from lane.

"Playing Soraka IS VERY EXCITING" - No one.
I sometimes play Janna, but kennen has always been my fluffy wuffy.
I love my rammus as well <3 /adapt to all situations!
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 11:58am | Report
He has been saying that he doesn't like toxic supports, but this is the first post (that I've seen, so please have mercy :O ) where he blatantly said that Soraka in particular is anti-fun.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 2:38pm | Report
now if only something could be done with irelias sustain.

but i guess thats the only reason why people play her, they want an easy top where they can sustain without working too hard and then build gp5 to stay relevant late game.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Khardagon
<Member>
Khardagon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 2:50pm | Report
******** it, stop nerfing her already.

Her infinite mana "issue" has been removed by her not being able to cast infuse on herself. She heals and supports people so they stay alive, that's her job. She gives up hard CC for heals, don't like the enemy carry being able to stay in lane for indefinite time so he/she can keep farming? Though luck, that's her job.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 2:52pm | Report
Khardagon wrote:

******** it, stop nerfing her already.

Her infinite mana "issue" has been removed by her not being able to cast infuse on herself. She heals and supports people so they stay alive, that's her job. She gives up hard CC for heals, don't like the enemy carry being able to stay in lane for indefinite time so he/she can keep farming? Though luck, that's her job.

The fact is, it's boring. For both sides.

Soraka - "Oh you got hit by a Mystic Shot? Here's some health. Try not to do that again for a bit. *waits on cooldowns*"
Enemy AD - "BURST THEM DOWN! Okay... they have 100 HP, time to dive... Scratch that. Soraka healed them fully."
True love is found only in yourself.
Khardagon
<Member>
Khardagon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 3:01pm | Report
Eh, being a sorta agresive-ish Soraka, I've never found it boring (agressive on enemies, as I leave the CC for the carry). I find her fun and well, refreshing to keep the team alive and such, since everything else I use in the game is on the offensive side (even tanks).

I used Sona too, but her heal scaling is awful and too unreliable (heals yourself and the lowest champion, which isn't necessarily the one that needs the heal).

At this rate people will start to stop playing her if she keeps being nerfed, I already regret buying her Divine skin :I, will have to see if she's still viable to play with the upcoming nerfs (as, jugding by Morello's stance, this is hardly the last nerf she will see). If people hate her gamestyle that much, why not rework her? (I thiiink I read that a rework of her was on the works somewhere).

I still say it's because they lost a match agaisnt a 5 support team comp back then B|

Edit: On a side note, it's somewhat fun to see how agressive people are getting on the main thread.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 3:54pm | Report
Soraka will always be good no matter how much she gets nerfed. Same with Janna and most other supports.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide