Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

New Support Item list?

Creator: morrkevi December 4, 2012 6:17pm
1 2 3
complexity
<Member>
complexity's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2012 6:03pm | Report
morrkevi wrote:
Makes me consider running Heal CV without flash. I don't normally run Exhaust, it is just a useless spell compared to others out there now. Heal is by far better and if you know what you're doing CV is better than heal.

This is foolish.

I for one would hate to be supported by a support who feeds because they doesn't have Flash, and who relies on Clairvoyance even though Oracle was nerfed.
sunalesca
<Member>
sunalesca's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2012 6:12am | Report
complexity wrote:

This is foolish.

I for one would hate to be supported by a support who feeds because they doesn't have Flash, and who relies on Clairvoyance even though Oracle was nerfed.

+1.

Heal + Clairvoyance handicaps you and your team. Heal is viable in a poke lane I guess, although Exhaust works so much better. Clairvoyance...just no...

I've done some testing. Crystalline Flask is good on AP supports, but on tankier supports I prefer starting with Rejuvenation Bead, wards and pots. Sightstone should actually be rushed before boots. Mikael's Blessing is definitely a good investment in most games. I tested Shard of True Ice too. Seems like it needs to be bought early to be effective. Gp10's are also quite redundant now. I only pick up a philo stone now if I know I'm going to want a Shurelya's later.
Silfatos
<Member>
Silfatos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2012 3:08am | Report
what happend in locket of iron solari?
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2012 5:55am | Report
SIGHTSTONE. just so awesome.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2012 9:12am | Report
sunalesca wrote:

+1.

Heal + Clairvoyance handicaps you and your team. Heal is viable in a poke lane I guess, although Exhaust works so much better. Clairvoyance...just no...

I've done some testing. Crystalline Flask is good on AP supports, but on tankier supports I prefer starting with Rejuvenation Bead, wards and pots. Sightstone should actually be rushed before boots. Mikael's Blessing is definitely a good investment in most games. I tested Shard of True Ice too. Seems like it needs to be bought early to be effective. Gp10's are also quite redundant now. I only pick up a philo stone now if I know I'm going to want a Shurelya's later.

Clairvoyance is one of the best summoner spells in the game if you can use it correctly. But you have to know about jungle timers and be pretty good at guessing where their going to be. It takes a lot of game knowledge which most people don't have. Addtionally new Sightstone/ Ruby Sightstone make warding easy. Needless to say, global vision anywhere every 55 seconds is pretty strong

Haven't tried Crystalline Flask on ranged supports although it seems like it could be strong. I've seen some people go Flask and then rush Sightstone before building g/10. Seems strong for some supports. But on Lux and Zyra I still prefer Philo --> Kage's rush

Not really a fan of Mikael's Blessing. Really strong active but on a ridiculous cooldown. Aside from that it doesn't have a very good build path. I'd really only get it if the enemy team has a suppress.

Shard of True Ice is in my opinion one of the best items a support can buy. It has so much versatility. It can be used to peel or initiate, it's not as strong as Shurelyia's but I'm a huge fan.

Silfatos wrote:

what happend in locket of iron solari?

I think it's better than it used to be. They lowered the cost and make it more of a tanky item. I haven't used it enough to know, but it seems incredibly efficient in terms of stats/gold
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
animal091
<Member>
animal091's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2012 9:53am | Report
In my opinion You should start Faerie Charm and 2 wards along with the ward and health mana pot you get from masterys. First time back get a sightstone. Then get pilostone and levelone boots and emblom of valor. then level two bots of your choose my favs are cdr and mobilty. then rush sherelia and agies of legion then get banner of comand. then upgrade to ruby sightstone. then finish the biuld off with twinshdow or Shard of True Ice
Silfatos
<Member>
Silfatos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2012 8:04am | Report
i guess we need still to test more what is really best items for support
Kuukai85
<Member>
Kuukai85's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2012 3:43pm | Report
About Clairvoyance i agree with Mooninites. Our jungler always know the other team's jungler position and can go stealing his buffs, if you do it every 40 secs with the Eleisa it could be hard for the enemies to gank from places often unwarded, and with a good positioning maybe you can avoid lot of kills.. Of course, you have to play a little more defensive, but a lot of support items actually give armor and Mres, so maybe you can resist waiting for a teammate to save you :D
Be a grammar nazi with me, i need to improve my english T_T
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide