Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Potential Darius Rework

Creator: DillButt64 January 15, 2013 2:09pm
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2013 3:41pm | Report
yeah but if they changed it to physical people would rush black cleaver because one basic attack would apply the full passive of the black cleaver, they dont now because applying it isnt easy with darius but if they changed his passive like you stated applying it would be simple giving them a reason to rush it

i like this change to his passive much better, more stacks that give an added bonus at the 10th stack
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2013 4:23pm | Report
It's not Darius and his kit, it's the people playing him.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2013 8:33pm | Report
doubt it. but remaking karma should happen sooner or later.
TheBlueReaper
<Member>
TheBlueReaper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2013 11:14pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

It's not Darius and his kit, it's the people playing him.

I think this is the reason everyone hates him so much.I'll have to quote again:
"Darius Syndrome" is what happens when a player succumbs to the delightful glee of mashing the R key to take ALL the kills! This is a problem that leads to much criticism of Darius. His ultimate, Noxian Guillotine, prompts you to get more kills to refresh it, it lusts for blood and kills and doesn't care who you stomp to get them, including your own team."

- OTGBionicArm
Thanks to jhoijhoi , TinyStar , Minho, Hogopogo , TheNamelessBard and GMD for the sigs!
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 7:40am | Report
Hes fine as he is, i really never had a problem with him and is hardly used in pro games
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 7:53am | Report
Darius ISN'T overpowered really, but he IS bad for gameplay.

This is because there is no counter play to him, nor is there counter play FOR him.

Basically, if someone picks someone who loses to Darius, and then Darius is picked, there is basically nothing that person can do, that lane is lost, barring HUGE mistakes, or a junglers complete attention focused on top lane.

It also goes the other way though. If someone is picked who beats Darius, they will completely stomp him, and there's basically nothing he can do about it.

There needs to be more counterplay other than just the champion select screen.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 7:58am | Report

I think this is the reason everyone hates him so much.I'll have to quote again:
"Darius Syndrome" is what happens when a player succumbs to the delightful glee of mashing the R key to take ALL the kills! This is a problem that leads to much criticism of Darius. His ultimate, Noxian Guillotine, prompts you to get more kills to refresh it, it lusts for blood and kills and doesn't care who you stomp to get them, including your own team."

- OTGBionicArm

People getting mad at Darius taking every kill with his ult in team-fights are stupid. His ult is a 1k damage nuke that refreshes if he gets a kill. If he uses it 5 times, he's done a total of 5k true damage to the enemy team. Why the hell would he NOT do that? He should conform to only using his ult once per team-fight just to keep his team from crying? If Darius does 5k true damage, you're more likely to win the team-fight than if he only does 1k true damage. Fact. People crying about Darius players being greedy noobs who want all the kills from themselves, are themselves greedy noobs, who would prefer to get some kills in team-fights rather than conform for someone else taking them, even if it means there's a chance they'll lose the team-fight if he doesn't.

"Darius" syndrome my ***. "Darius pls let me have kills waaaah cry cry cry" syndrome is more fitting.
Clu Gulager
<Member>
Clu Gulager's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 8:08am | Report

"Darius" syndrome my ***. "Darius pls let me have kills waaaah cry cry cry" syndrome is more fitting.

+1
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 9:03am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

i think Berzerk is the one that got it, his kit is unfun for everyone but darius including his own team so theyre changing it so hes more of a "teamwork" based champion instead of a "press r five times and take the kills" type champion

me and my friends play primarily blind pick because we play for fun and when darius is picked it just turns into an unfun game which is why i said hes "annoyingly strong" because of his kit, hes strong in a way thats annoying to play against and with

So why Teemo is still in the game? Same reason here, having Teemo on your team is as bad as having him on the enemy team.

My Question: Why rework a champ, which is totally fine balanced onto ranked? This game is balanced onto ranked, never care about lower things.
He is gonna kill you!!!
TheBlueReaper
<Member>
TheBlueReaper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 9:54am | Report

People getting mad at Darius taking every kill with his ult in team-fights are stupid. His ult is a 1k damage nuke that refreshes if he gets a kill. If he uses it 5 times, he's done a total of 5k true damage to the enemy team. Why the hell would he NOT do that? He should conform to only using his ult once per team-fight just to keep his team from crying? If Darius does 5k true damage, you're more likely to win the team-fight than if he only does 1k true damage. Fact. People crying about Darius players being greedy noobs who want all the kills from themselves, are themselves greedy noobs, who would prefer to get some kills in team-fights rather than conform for someone else taking them, even if it means there's a chance they'll lose the team-fight if he doesn't.

I myself really dont mind.In a teamfights it's great,but what i really hate is if lets say someone is caught and it's a 5v1 and Darius still decides to ult(It's not like i dont do it:D) But sadly the LOL community is full of morons and i doubt their opinion about Darius will change :/
Thanks to jhoijhoi , TinyStar , Minho, Hogopogo , TheNamelessBard and GMD for the sigs!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide