Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Proving grounds (Info & Discussion)

Creator: Joxuu June 30, 2012 11:25am
1 2
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 11:25am | Report

Proving Grounds

Information of Custom Game, since I don't think anyone here plays tutorial mode.

The custom game version of the Proving Grounds has slightly different mechanics to its tutorial counterpart and Summoner's Rift, incorporating some features previously exclusive to the Dominion game type:

- Players receive a constant stream of experience and accelerated gold income.
- Health powerups are located at points along the lane.
- Exiting the team's base immediately locks the shop from use. Players may only use the shop again if they die.
- Recall is disabled.
- The fountain does not regenerate health or mana.
- A unique new summoner spell called Barrier is exclusive to this map.

Barrier

Barrier is a summoner spell that is only available on the Custom version of the Proving Grounds. It is a self-targeted spell that shields your champion from damage for 4 seconds. Absorbs up from 125 to 550 depending about level.

I just tried this out and man it's awesome!
They should make it into a pvp match. Has anyone else tried it out ? How was it ?
Share your experiences!

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 12:08pm | Report
I hate the brushes. They supposedly are there to give melees a chance, but all I see are happy Heimerdinger campers, Xerath campers, Blitzcrank campers (melee, yes, but hook.) and Nidalee Campers.

Good. Job.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 12:10pm | Report
Yh, it's all about ranged champions and global ultimates or champions with hp regen.

Ezreal
Karthus
Xerath
Morgana
Mundo

etc...

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 12:35pm | Report
has anyone played a full 5v5 aram game on it yet?
SkullzX
<Member>
SkullzX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 12:42pm | Report
I played a few yesterday that why I made a quick post because I was like WHAT ITS OUT! It is actually a lot of fun and its funny watching idiots go back to the fountain to heal to find out ohhh **** I can't XD.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 12:59pm | Report
As a "exclusive Summoner's Rift" player, I really didn't expect to like it but I gave it a couple of games anyway. To my surprise, it was really enjoyable and I honestly played around 10-12 ARAM games yesterday. I really don't know how people can complain about team comps since it's completely random but I guess I'm missing something here.

Note: Brush on Proving Grounds is pre-fix brush where if you auto attack in the bush, it will grant the enemy team vision of everything else in it so you can't bush camp on Proving Grounds.

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 1:32pm | Report
^

Randomly got Karthus > Stats 33/17/38

People often leave after seeing 1 "OP" champion in proving grounds, just like karthus for example and it's really annoying.

Proving Grounds for PvP Please :D

albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 1:40pm | Report
Imho, Riot should make an official "ARAM" to discourage dodging games. People dodge way too much and it's really annoying.

Map is ok by me. I still think there will be many ARAMs played on SR though...
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Dainou
<Member>
Dainou's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 2:38pm | Report
Yeah if you are going to dodge everytime, you dont like the pick, it takes out the value. But people only seems to want to play all random anyway, where you will get retarted picks, where your team might get full melee. Where you might get no heal or nasus..
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2012 4:14pm | Report
Every time I played an ARAM game someone fed intentionally on my team :/
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide