Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Random Tips & Tricks!

Creator: Bryun August 30, 2014 12:51am
1 2
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 12:51am | Report
Hi, I'm Bryan.
I love little mechanical tricks you can learn when playing the game so I'll just make a game out of it to see if I don't know something you guys know.
  • Quote a tip that you didn't know
  • Provide a tip that you've picked up
  • ????
  • Profit

Here's a few to start it off.
  • After watching LustBoy's stream for like 3 minutes I noticed he tends to ward on the very edge of the bushes so the sweeping lens doesn't pick up the ward.
  • When playing Marksman I sometimes like to kite in and out of the bush when dueling so the enemy has a harder time retaliating because they lose vision (you have to auto outside of bush, then go in the bush).
  • When playing Lucian you should typically W then E so your ardent blaze gets to the target by the time you finish dashing (better for dueling) -Learned from liftlift
  • When you play Vayne if you auto-attack, and then immediately Q into a wall it resets your auto animation much faster. -Learned from liftlift
  • When playing Akali, if you see the enemy have a vision ward bait it out by pretending to go all in then disengage. Works 70% of the time.
    (It also makes the enemy hesitate because they're waiting to place the vision ward) -Played her a bunch lmao
  • When playing Annie in any lane, always auto before you Q (idk why some people don't ever do this *_*)
  • Try to Korean freeze top lane if you're ahead/behind. (Take all the aggro from the minion wave then go in a bush so they target one minion, it will indefinitely freeze your lane if you do it right.)

That's all I can remember for now, it's late and I'm brain-dead.

LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 1:54am | Report
Wasn't there a very similar topic made by jhoijhoi awhile back? If there was such a topic, perhaps someone could look it up and use all the tips from there to add to this one?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:06am | Report
I do actually ward as spazie does, on mid lane. He dosent ward the bush, here an image:

(hope its enough cause i didnt found a good one) Wards are the green circles
"Follow no false light."
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:23am | Report
When playing Ryze, autoattack whenever you q for better trades.(applies to pretty much every other champion who uses a skill for harrassing as well)

Put a pink ward in the bush at drake or baron early on. It typically doesn't get noticed(at least on my level).

When playing annie, you can q someone with 2 passive stacks before it procs. You get 1 stack from the q and you can get another one from using another skill(typically e) mid-air for a surprise stun.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:27am | Report
I do actually ward as spazie does, on mid lane.

That's not just how Spazie wards, that's how every high Elo player is supposed to ward.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:48am | Report
LevasK wrote:
Wasn't there a very similar topic made by jhoijhoi awhile back? If there was such a topic, perhaps someone could look it up and use all the tips from there to add to this one?
I tried, but I failed.

• When you play Morgana support, so with Spellthief's Edge, you can check the item's stacks to know if you've hit a blind Dark Binding (very helpful during lvl 1 in case of invade) and you can also use the same trick to check brush with Tormented Shadow. as in, you get fat cash if it hit someone and you go from 3 stacks to 2 or less.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 2:52am | Report
As Graves you can use Buckshot to check if there is an enemy in the bush. If your Buckshot hits someone, you will get a stack in your passive. Very useful to check bot lane bushes at level 1 and in other situations as well.

As Quinn you can use the following combo: tag team-> move around/towards your target for 2.5 or 3 seconds -> Vault on your target and cast Skystrike mid air. Not only will you deal the damage from Skystrike but you will also also transform to Quinn and be knocked back as if you had used [vault]] in human form.
TROLLing1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 3:14am | Report
Also, I found jhoijhoi's thread. Too bored to copy everything, though.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 3:20am | Report
WARding
Laning

jhoijhoi wrote:
jungling

Expectations

DillButt64 wrote:
Ganking
IAmByakuya wrote:
general tips

Embracing wrote:
Top Tower Cons

Mooninites wrote:
Top Tower Pros
sirell wrote:
research everything

Quoted:
pushing

Luther3000 wrote:
Positioning/Targeting

Shuru wrote:
global objectives

astrolia wrote:
Cooldowns

IceCreamy wrote:
camp timers

play what you know

CS

Warlemming wrote:
last hit

PsiGuard wrote:
super minions

sirell wrote:
brush

PsiGuard wrote:
MIA

Lugignaf wrote:
particle effects

Shuru wrote:
particle effects #2

Patch wrote:
tower vision

know thy enemy

DKitten wrote:
dragon

MyRepublic wrote:
Spoiler: Click to view

devdevil wrote:
ultimate timer

that's be everything from jhoijhoi's op. idk if she kept it updated though.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
TROLLing1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 3:28am | Report
I don't think the op was kept upgraded and even if it was, not every tips is included.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide