Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Should I start playing Ranked?

Creator: CrimsonSkyz November 2, 2012 8:27pm
1 2 3
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
CrimsonSkyz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 7:40am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

well it's true, taric does it all with style.

Armor of Fifth Age Taric = BEST STYLE EVER

Quoted:

Sure, start playing ranked, go tryhard!

Ty for the support and I've already started! It's pretty easy so far except for the lack of good teammates :(

I got sucked in into doing ranked before but on a personal level, I gave myself until I have around 500 wins (I have 328 now). I'm playing my normal as if they were ranked, seriously, warding properly and communicating a lot. I'm not doing it because I'm afraid to be an embarrassment but because I'm competitive and I want to be ready to compete when I start. I was pro streams and I'm narrowing down a line up of champions for the 2 or 3 roles I want to be ready to fulfill.

I never thought of it that way :O
Well I've already started so my ranked games are my ranked games. I still play some normal games to try out new champs I bought or champs on free week. I treat those like ranked games too so I don't get lazy when I actually play a ranked game.

TxTVira wrote:

IMO you should try playing rank now because it gets reset 2 days later.
If you fail during the time and fell into elo hell.
It's getting reset so you have nothing to worry about.

Besides learning about which champ you perform best in ranked..
You also get to experience all the raging and learn how to dwi...

That's funny because yesterday I raged so hard at a Nidalee and Shaco. I posted the matches on my ranked journey thread. They were long posts of rage (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

cyberskull wrote:

Don't play cause Ranked is freakin dumb and frustrating...sorry but I have super bad luck in ranked and I always get dumbass trolls, afk-ers or people who focus on the chat instead of the game..I shouldn't be ruining your morale or whatever you call it..I guess you should go for it and see how it goes cause the season is ending anyways..so yeah go for it but only if you have the nerves for it lol

Sorry to hear about that D:
Well so far I've only had one dumbass troll who was a Nidalee. That match was so frustrating ;-;
I've already started so what the heck why don't I just finish what I set out to do. I GOT NERVES OF STEEL!
Well not really though, maybe they're made of iron.
Unleash the Beast
Currently on vacation~
Arythius
<Member>
Arythius's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 7:11pm | Report
Do whatever you feel comfortable doing. If you normal pubstomp with a specific few champions, try them out in a ranked game. (Coordinated, of course) See, myself is only level 25. But right when I achieve level 30, I know I'm going to start ranked because I have a few that I'm incredibly comfortable with. Ex: Yorick, Ezreal and Jayce. You might consider them OP champions, but the game is the game. It is how it is.

Best of luck to you on your ranked adventures.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 7:57pm | Report

Ty for the support and I've already started! It's pretty easy so far except for the lack of good teammates :(

Let me tell you a secret. If all you're lacking is "good teammates" then you are probably lacking a lot of other stuff completely nonreliant on your teammates.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
CrimsonSkyz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 9:47pm | Report
Quoted:

Let me tell you a secret. If all you're lacking is "good teammates" then you are probably lacking a lot of other stuff completely nonreliant on your teammates.

Well that's not all I'm lacking. I'm still lacking a lot more experience with supports and things in general, last hitting minions as ADC(for some reason I always fail at that), a new method of playing in ranked, etc. IMO it's a lot different from normal games and what I did in normal doesn't work well in ranked. I need to learn all the new things in ranked: the Do's and Don'ts.
Darkness is Eternal
Currently on vacation~
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide