Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Spectator Mode: The Full Release

Creator: Acid Reigns April 27, 2012 1:32pm
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 4:09pm | Report
I don't care if it's harder, that isn't my point. The point is they aren't really doing anything, other than providing entertainment.

Do sports players save lives? Do they make others lives easier/better?

They deserve to be payed well yes, but if I had the choice of giving money to some one playing a video game, or a sport, or whatever, and giving money to a doctor who just saved someones life, or a pilot that saved hundreds of lives by steering a plane out of danger, I'm pretty certain who I'm going to give my money to.

You should try not being such an obnoxious ***, life will be a lot easier.
MDC
<Member>
MDC's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 4:10pm | Report
Since ****ing when eports is athletic sport?
Mooninites wrote:

They should make more money because it's harder to become a professional athlete than it is to become a doctor. I guarantee you it is much easier to become a doctor than a professional video game player or athlete.

Are you ****ing kidding me or you're just plain stupid?
Cho is MEGAZERGLING!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 4:14pm | Report
Pretty awesome stuff :) Now they just need the option to allow you to save spectated games/replays instead of using a third party program.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 4:16pm | Report

I don't care if it's harder, that isn't my point. The point is they aren't really doing anything, other than providing entertainment.

Do sports players save lives? Do they make others lives easier/better?

They deserve to be payed well yes, but if I had the choice of giving money to some one playing a video game, or a sport, or whatever, and giving money to a doctor who just saved someones life, or a pilot that saved hundreds of lives by steering a plane out of danger, I'm pretty certain who I'm going to give my money to.

You should try not being such an obnoxious ***, life will be a lot easier.

you're a ****ing idiot. I might be an obnoxious ***, but atleast I understand how the world works. You sound like some hippie occupy wallstreet protester, always pointing fingers and blaming people for being successful while you're not.

Entertainment is a large industry. Tourism, music, movies, shows, etc. that's all entertainment, if you want to give money to doctors, that fine. No one is stopping you from giving them donations, it's probably even a tax write-off, not that I think you pay taxes. but if you really have a problem with entertainment making money then get rid of the internet, television, don't go to movies, don't go to sports games, don't go to clubs/dances/whatever. You would pretty much have to isolate yourself from the world. Because the fact is the entertainment industry is bigger than almost any other industry, if not the biggest. If you want to donate to teachers, pilots, doctors, whatever then go ahead, no one is stopping you. But i suspect that you'll keep your internet, television, ice cream, and other tangibles.

jhoijhoi wrote:

Pretty awesome stuff :) Now they just need the option to allow you to save spectated games/replays instead of using a third party program.

they probably will soon, because it has a 3 minute delay that means their data base has to be able to hold the entire information of a game, atleast up to 3 minutes. This will probably be released shortly once they have the infrastructure to handle it
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 4:45pm | Report
You're REALLY stupid, and after this, I'm not going to reply to you anymore, and ruin this thread.

I understand completely how the world works, but I also understand how the world DOESN'T work, unlike you.

When did I say that the entertainment industry shouldn't make money? In fact I even said that they SHOULD make money.

My point isn't that they shouldn't make money, my point is that they shouldn't make THAT MUCH money, sitting at home, casually playing a game. Do you realize the sheer amount of money people make through streaming just through ads alone? It's obscene! It makes sense for them to make a lot of money for winning tournaments, championships etc, but to sit in their own home, and play the game, and NOT EVEN SAY ANYTHING half the time, it's ridiculous the amount of money they make.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make this, in all honesty, I don't care if they do, it doesn't affect me in any way at all. But if people start whining going 'oh no, now I'm not gonna make millions for sitting at home playing games' then that's ridiculous.

That's it, I'm done, if you wanna reply, go ahead, I don't care.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 5:28pm | Report

You're REALLY stupid, and after this, I'm not going to reply to you anymore, and ruin this thread.

I understand completely how the world works, but I also understand how the world DOESN'T work, unlike you.

When did I say that the entertainment industry shouldn't make money? In fact I even said that they SHOULD make money.

My point isn't that they shouldn't make money, my point is that they shouldn't make THAT MUCH money, sitting at home, casually playing a game. Do you realize the sheer amount of money people make through streaming just through ads alone? It's obscene! It makes sense for them to make a lot of money for winning tournaments, championships etc, but to sit in their own home, and play the game, and NOT EVEN SAY ANYTHING half the time, it's ridiculous the amount of money they make.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make this, in all honesty, I don't care if they do, it doesn't affect me in any way at all. But if people start whining going 'oh no, now I'm not gonna make millions for sitting at home playing games' then that's ridiculous.

That's it, I'm done, if you wanna reply, go ahead, I don't care.

you clearly don't understand, the market decides how much money they should make, end of discussion. The desire for entertainment is high therefore so is their income. It's basic economics, you and everyone else dictates how much they make, end of discussion.

Also alot of them don't casually play a video, infact looking at the top streamers they're all high elo, tournament quality team players, there are only a handful that aren't that calibur and get viewers, in fact i can only think of guardsman bob. the idea that these people sit on their *** all day and play video games casually like you and I is ridiculous, worse, it's not even true. they're top competitors in their field they absolutely deserve as much money as they make. They're just like athletes, ultimately, when it comes down to it they make tons of money to compete at the top level.

Who the hell is ever happy when taking a pay cut. Bill gates might be worth 50 billion, but do you think he'd be happy if his value dropped to 49 billion? Get your head out of your ***, all im going to say
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 5:39pm | Report

@EvilDice, last time I checked, the TSM website was worth $1 000 000, and that was a while ago :/

@Winter, Honestly, I don't think sports players deserve the amount of money they make either. Why the hell should someone who plays a game that was invented for fun (regardless of how hard it is) make more money, than say, an airplane pilot, or a doctor. It just doesn't make any sense...

We pay for what we like, and we really like sports. It's that simple. If there is a demand there is cash for it.

Sounding a bit commie here?
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 6:07pm | Report
yay now I can pester and annoy EVERYONE 3 minutes behind WOOT
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2012 10:23pm | Report
sweet. this is a really cool mode :). really like how you can just watch your friend's games now. :D
ShinyAkusa
<Member>
ShinyAkusa's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 7:51pm | Report
This is very useful! This makes it so much easier to hold tournaments everyone can watch theater style.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide