Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Spell Shields

Creator: VexRoth March 4, 2015 11:41am
12 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2015 11:41am | Report
Last night I was playing a game on Howling Abyss. We had a Sivir on our team and the opposing team had a Vel'Koz. I observed the hard way that while Sivir's Spell Shield blocked the first active of Plasma Fission it did not block the second active from hitting my champion.

The uptake is don't stand near people with spell shields thinking that it causes the spell aimed at the shielded person to "fizzle". It protects the person with the spell shield from the effects but offers no protection to teammates standing in the AoE/line of fire of secondary particles.
Inna
<Member>
Inna's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2015 2:07pm | Report
Good catch, I will keep that in mind :)
Gold IV EUW :) XBOX 360 gamer.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2015 10:02am | Report
It's the same with Fiddle's silence. It will not deal damage on you but it will continue to bounce. The exception is Brand's ult but that is being fixed.
ArgusGaming
<Member>
ArgusGaming's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2015 3:17pm | Report
Yeah can understand your frustration on this. As mentioned above, there are a couple of spells that keep on going. Think that is just how it is, but haven't noticed that on Vel´Koz before.Thanks for the heads up, will think about that in future games :)
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 8:42am | Report
I believe Sivir's spell shield is 90% of why she's top tier all of a sudden. An ADC that can block cc is God-like.
Eyy
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 8:52am | Report
Well, considering the fact that her ult is super strong for hard engage and disengage, then her Q+W is beast for pushing and putting pressure on a lane, Spell Shield isn't really the primary reason for picking her, imo.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 10:51am | Report
sirell wrote:
Well, considering the fact that her ult is super strong for hard engage and disengage, then her Q+W is beast for pushing and putting pressure on a lane, Spell Shield isn't really the primary reason for picking her, imo.

Why was she so garbage beforehand then? Granted, the Lucian nerfs could have contributed to it, but I feel S5 just decided that Sivir's decent. Also, she's an ADC that kind of relies on speed, due to passives/ult. Her pushing's good, but she's easy to kill in general. While her speedboost does have that engage/disengage ability if you have an assassin or cc tank (Nautilus, Rengar, Zac, Kha'zix, Rammus, etc.) you can delete her before she even has a chance to be useful. While someone like Kalista can ult and save a support or change the tide of a fight (potentially, but unlikely). But the ability to dodge a hook, grab, root, Winter's Bite, slow, Power Chord, and basically anything a support does is pretty useful.

She seems super good against Thresh. If you want to get rid of the spell shield by flay'ing close to get that hook in she can just run away.
Eyy
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 11:36am | Report
She was never garbage. The ADC meta changed due to nerfs and her ult is ridiculous, especially if you build your team comp around it.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2015 3:04pm | Report
IMAGINE IF LOL PUT IN A BLACK KING BAR INTO THE GAME
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2015 8:32am | Report
Also, they block exhaust. Morgana support OP.
Eyy
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide