Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Topic of the Week - 1 Month Assessment of Karma

Creator: Mowen April 23, 2013 4:36pm
1 2 3 4 5
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 4:36pm | Report

It's been 1 month since Karma was reworked. Her rework gave both her visuals and kit a complete overhaul.

Now that sufficient time has passed I feel like you guys can give a fair assessment. I checked some Elophant stats out of curiousity and found that Karma's win rate has been a pretty steady 41% for the past month, which is the lowest win rate of any champion.

What do you think of Karma at this point in time? Is she viable? What could be changed to make her viable if you believe she is not? Do you have any advice for new players about Karma? Any other points you have about Karma and her rework are welcomed.

If you enjoy these topics be sure to check back next week or check the discussion for this topic on our Facebook page.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 4:38pm | Report
Overall I think she has become a hard to play ap mid. She is viable but not in soloq I think. As a support... meh, she lost a lot and hardly gained anything for it. Wouldn't say she's viable as a support.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 4:39pm | Report
I saw her for like a week after her release, and never since then. Can't really judge whether she's good or not, though judging by her win rate, I'd think not.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 4:42pm | Report
As a support Karma player, all I can contribute to the discussion is that I think she's fun. However, I feel as if Janna plays her role better? I mean, their shields are completely different, but whenever I cast Karma's shield, I wish it added damage to my ADC. When I miss a Q, all I can think is that Janna's slow is targeted and wouldn't have missed. Instead of having to wait for a single enemy to become rooted to the spot to prevent them from chasing, I could tornado and get all three chasers instantly.

I still enjoy playing Karma. But she feels lack-lustre compared to other supports.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 4:50pm | Report
i think she got worse, i used to play her ap mid karma all the time and this rework made her much much worse, they wanted to add more options to use her mantra but now its only really usable on Q because of how dangerous it is to use her W and because mantra E is basically a locket and a reverie which most people get, not to mention thresh has a much better AoE shield with much more utility on his lanturn than what is supposed to be one of karmas ults

its almost impossible to land a mantra Q because nine times out of ten the other person will just walk out of the explosion thats supposed to happen because the slow isnt enough even at max rank, the only surefire way to hit it is to use your W to root them and if someone sees it theyre going to walk behind a minion so that your Q will get creep blocked

i dont play her as a support but i think she got worse as one because she cant heal anymore and her shield is just terrible

all in all i hate this rework i think it put her in a much worse state than before
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 4:56pm | Report
Q has become more unreliable to hit, W has become simpler but less fun to use, the shield has gotten weaker and Mantra felt like it got a heavy nerf.

Waited nearly a year for this rework and it leaves much to be desired.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 4:56pm | Report
you certainly feel a blow/difference when:
  • you can't heal your allies anymore
  • you have to manage a mantra charge every ~20s instead of being able to stack 2.
  • riot really wanted to change her role and everyone keeps sticking her to support.
  • she feels a ****load more squishy than before
  • her mantra'd Q rarely hits the follow-up damage, even if the enemy is slowed
  • you either shield everyone or function as trollbait with mantra'd E or W.
  • "everyone" thinks she's subpar and involves choices that never feel great (regarding mantra usage)

Sig made by Tamy
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 5:01pm | Report
I feel like Karma just lacks a bit of damage, and her mantras feel worse than they did before. Buff those two things and she's golden.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 5:03pm | Report
the thing about it is that there arnt any choices that feel great for mantra, most teamfights i find myself not using it because i feel like itll just be a waste of my R key because of how useless mantra is now

and no W did not become "simpler to use" the tether length on it is smaller than before, at least thats how it feels, i agree that its no longer fun to use because its just a terrible ability

of course she feels more squishie her shield got nerfed to hell with the ratios

yes mantra got a huge nerf, 30-45 seconds for a pathetic ability? id rather have two for an AoE heal or AoE burst from E but nah the only burst karma needs now is her mantra Q and W if you dont die trying to use it

honestly i think the tether range and overall range on W needs to be bigger there is no reason for it to be that small, and her ratios on her E need to go up
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 5:09pm | Report
I tried her in my ranked team, I found she worked exceptionally well with our lane swap, I think she would struggle in a 2vs2 lane though, the utility on the E was absolutely disgustingly powerful though.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide