Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which is Better Ahri or Draven

Creator: TheNiby June 17, 2012 11:45am
TheNiby
<Member>
TheNiby's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 4:31pm | Report
Right now the voting is Ahri :6 Draven :2
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 4:40pm | Report
Also, if you go Ahri odds are they may pick her before you, since she's so overplayed
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 4:51pm | Report
This thread totally belongs in: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/general/which-champion-should-i-buy-should-i-get-xxx-or-xxx-which-from-the-following-should-i-get-megathread-3750

But to answer your question; You can't really compare the two because one is an AD Carry, and the other is an AP Carry. Either or, Ahri has much more utility than Draven does as well as she delivers better results. If I were you, I'd definitely go with Ahri. ^_^
zwoozh
<Member>
zwoozh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 4:51pm | Report
if i was you i would would choose Ahri, easier to handle describes it perfectly, and i find Ahri more fun to play than Draven.
Blood26
<Member>
Blood26's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 5:19pm | Report
Honestly, I don't think Ahri vs Draven is a fair comparison.
Because both champions excel in two entirely different roles.

But here's my 2cents.
Note that since we're talking about Ahri and Draven, I'm going to make a comparison between them.
Ahri is a good champion overall, even though the nerf did substantially lower her power, she's still good, but definitely not as good as how she used to be.

In my eyes, she no longer fits the assassin category anymore, she's just a mobile ranged mage. But she is one of the best AP carries Riot has developed at the moment and she becomes very rewarding once you've learned how to handle her skillcaps.

Plus, because I'm a diehard Ahri fanboy, my vote goes to Ahri.

Draven,
The problem with him is that, I see some players mid-ing with him lately. This is quite a problem, because at level 1, Draven will have an endless supply of auto attacking power if he keeps his Q up while standing behind his minions. That said, for any AP squishies to go face to face with him during early game, they'd certainly get outlaned and outzoned. I just faced this situation yesterday morning as my Ahri went against a Draven player, I couldn't disrupt his axes at all.

But I see him as a very fun champion to play, although some people have been telling me that his skill cap is relatively high for a ranged AD carry.

I could be biased with my statement though, as I'm not experienced with Draven players as of yet.

But if you think you like Draven more, my suggestion is that you wait out till Draven gets a balance/fix/nerf before deciding to buy him.
THANK YOU LACORPSE FOR THE SIGGY. YOU HAVE SUCH A GOOD FAN SERVICE :D !!

I have a request to all of the users on Mobafire. If it's not too much for you guys, do +Rep me if I've said something reasonable, crack a funny joke or provide the latest updates . Likewise, I've been +Rep-ing people so long as I find their post likeable. So let's help out each other now, shall we ;) ?
TheNiby
<Member>
TheNiby's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 5:32pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

This thread totally belongs in: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/general/which-champion-should-i-buy-should-i-get-xxx-or-xxx-which-from-the-following-should-i-get-megathread-3750

But to answer your question; You can't really compare the two because one is an AD Carry, and the other is an AP Carry. Either or, Ahri has much more utility than Draven does as well as she delivers better results. If I were you, I'd definitely go with Ahri. ^_^

Ty for your advise and ty for your choice
Sleuth
<Member>
Sleuth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 6:35pm | Report
It really comes down to what you like to play or play best.

AP or AD? You choose.

I would choose Ahri if it was me since Draven is a new champion; people have yet to find 'the way' of playing Draven. But if experimenting new champs is one of your pleasures, why not?
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 8:37pm | Report
They really can't be compared. They fill two entirely different roles 99% of the time.

If you would consider which champion has proven to carry more high elo games as the "best", then Ahri is probably going to be your choice.

Personally, given a choice of only buying those two champions, I'd buy Ahri every time. I actually bought Draven and do not own Ahri yet though, lol. I find Draven very gimmicky at best, and although he does have the ability to carry games, Ahri seems to be a lot more consistent.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 8:39pm | Report
Draven is either very viable (Being able to catch axes, pay attention to your axes and the enemy at the same time, being able to catch axes on the chase, etc) or very, very terrible if you suck with the axe skill. XD
Keondre
<Member>
Keondre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 11:30pm | Report
사랑은 장님이다. | ความงามในความแข็งแรง. | 愛は治療です.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide