Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why do people say Mobafire sucks compared to...

Creator: Sadron May 22, 2012 2:08pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 3:08am | Report
Quoted:

2) obnoxious people in the community who think they're good

Oh god this

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 4:15am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

MOBAfire sucks because my name isn't blue.

derp. but im actually jelly too :(.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 7:04am | Report
Quoted:

may i remind you, that as an AP-carry like ahri, you shouldn't be attacking the tower at all, you should be roaming.

In a 600 damage combo(easily obtainable with ahri.) that's 8 damage cuz rounding down and stuff... don't you just love it when the enemy gets away with 8 health left?

You don't get any bonus damage on true damage. Also, if you're not hitting at least 200 on a single skill, you're actually not getting any damage increase. Even then, it'll only be 1 point if you only have 1 point in havoc.

Lastly, 10 damage on towers is 10 damage on towers. Early game, it's a lot and can zone people if you can threaten their tower early on without killing them.

Quoted:
My standard ap-carry setup is Bruteforce-improved and havoc and then the usual.

/table flip

Why take any points in havoc at all? It's sooooooo bad.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 7:32am | Report
Sadron wrote:

Isn't there some credibility to the guides here though? I mean I'm following an Ahri guide that's rated 95% with 520 votes. Surely those 520 votes mean SOMETHING?

The problem here is the fact that people like you will click on the top guide (because it's the top guide), think "Hey, this guide has really helped me!", even if a lower guide might've been better or more accurate, and give it a +1 anyway. Then, if you go and see another guide that, for example, doesn't rush a Revolver you might condemn it for that fact because you've seen it elsewhere.

There are obviously some real gems on this site, but off the top of my head I can name (but I won't) some really poor ones - never take word on here as law unless you've seen something that can confirm it somewhere.

I myself can see quite a few problems with that particular guide, including -
  • Doran's Ring start (over boots + 3x health potions)
  • Late boots
  • WotA finished after Rylai's
  • Morello's Evil Tome purchased (extremely bad item when Blue Buff nullifies the only reason for buying it, making an item basically useless for >50% of the time as an AP carry, and those times are the ones in which you'll usually be making the biggest plays). Also, DFG is simply a better version of Morello's, and its burst will hit for ~50% late game, rather than having an almost useless item slot late game.
  • I've not read it, but from that, it makes me question the guide if the build isn't good. As a rule of thumb, if a caster doesn't start with boots + pots nowadays, it's probably a bad guide. Obviously there are a few exceptions (Galio + Gragas are notable ones that CAN work with certain other openings, but still shouldn't 100% of the time).

Lugignaf wrote:

You don't get any bonus damage on true damage.

Actually that's a lie, you actually do. I remember always hitting for 354 with Olaf's E with the old masteries if I went offence masteries on him (when the skill does 340 damage). I assume Butcher does something similar when they're low.

You can never reduce it but you can increase it with damage increases.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 11:20am | Report
These threads are redundant and quite frankly; Not necessary. People will hate, and they'll hate on the silliest things. Even websites who offer a vivid community and the ability to grow, learn and teach.

I'll be closing this thread. I believe you had your question answered, and we're just derailing. Soon enough, this'll turn into a hate thread, and we don't want that, do we?

Good day :)
1 2 3 4 5

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide