Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Why do people say "bump" on threads?

Creator: roarrgasm May 19, 2012 5:35pm
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 9:54am | Report
It usually is just saying "bump" that is against the rules. But "spam" is also against the rules and if it's a spam bump even if it's not the word "bump" it's a no-no.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/general/forum-rules-and-behavior-4915

"1. No spamming. Try to keep any and all comments constructive in your replies. We strongly discourage posts consisting of little more than a smiley face or just a quote of someone else's response. Try to keep your post above 10 letters. If this guideline is not met, we may have to implement a letter filter that will force you to post over 10 letters."
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 3:58pm | Report
i say "bump" because it reminds me of having sex, which I always have, but really never
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 4:04pm | Report
A thead that just begged for making some fun with was ruined..
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 4:45pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Mowen: I don't think that's completely fair/right. Any sort of post after the post before it can be considered a "bump". Me replying to this thread can be considered a bump. It still bumps the thread to the top of the list.

Keondre isn't breaking any rules by bumping a friend's thread. I'm not breaking any rules if I go and bump one of my suggestion threads with the post "Anymore ideas?". The only bumping that I can see that is harmful to a forum is the mindless bumping of superfluous threads like "QQ Anivia OP" with the post "BUMP!".

"Bump" Is against the rules because it is spam.

"Yo Jeff, nice sigs bro!" Isn't against the rules(in proper context) because it is not spam
Tri lane for life.
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 8:21pm | Report
Just like if I were to go to my sig shop that is crazy buried and say "Bump" or "Cough cough" or something liek that, it'd be spam, but if I go and post a new sig there that I made for someone, that's not spam. Right?
To be updated soon!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 8:26pm | Report
Nyoike wrote:

Just like if I were to go to my sig shop that is crazy buried and say "Bump" or "Cough cough" or something liek that, it'd be spam, but if I go and post a new sig there that I made for someone, that's not spam. Right?

Correctomundo (goes where he pleases)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Majamorra
<Member>
Majamorra's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 8:41pm | Report
Bump is for dumbs so don't do it Son♥

Yes, my new project start it. Feel free to PM me and give me suggestions to be the best blog on MOBAfire!

GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 8:44pm | Report
Stands for Bring My Post Up
Right?
I think that's self-explanatory.. Bringing your 'post' (Thread w/e) to the top of the page.
As in they want the thread they just 'bumped' to be noticed by more people, usually just used when not many people post in a thread and the OP wants more attention.

At least that's my understanding of it.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2012 6:20am | Report
GrimmFate wrote:

Stands for Bring My Post Up
Right?
I think that's self-explanatory.. Bringing your 'post' (Thread w/e) to the top of the page.
As in they want the thread they just 'bumped' to be noticed by more people, usually just used when not many people post in a thread and the OP wants more attention.

At least that's my understanding of it.

Bring Up My Post seems more reasonable because it actually abreviates to BUMP.

But really at it's base, it doesn't truly matter what it stands for, because it means spam.
Tri lane for life.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2012 8:55am | Report
^^ Bumps are spam. Enough said.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide