Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Your guides are ****.

Creator: throatslasher August 31, 2012 12:37pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

233 posts - page 16 of 24
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 6:12pm | Report
I think this guy is an amazing troll
thats it
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 6:15pm | Report
^and i have nothing more to say.

Sig made by elenah
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 7:35pm | Report
No, you are both wrong, he is a jester of the internets. Better a jester of the internets than a troll, since troll at level 3 is flash at level 4

RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 7:38pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

I think this guy is an amazing troll
thats it

He's not nearly absurd enough. Unless he's the king of all trolls. In which case, gratz, cause he really, totally, feel like the next somewhat-smarter-than-lots-of-people-but-totally-awkward-and-not-humble-enough-so-its-a-waste-being-smart-guy.
Or something... I mean, this guy is clearly not a dumbass, but excuse me, but he's a total a******. No one half humble enough not do drown like Narciss did would ever say what he said.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 9:58pm | Report

You're both wrong. the skill order is w>e>q>q>q>r>q etc. you have to get your net at level 2. there is no point in spamming q at level 2, anyways. giving yourself an escape at level 2 is way more helpful than ****. better to have e at level 2, than have to flash at level 3.

mmm, I didn't notice that, but thanks for explaining, it makes sense.

@haters

Pointing out a skill order is wrong is a good thing to do, and there was even no bashing on Mobafire this time...I think he's getting better at being nice :P

Anyways Throatslasher, mind accepting my add so I can spectate your games? :P

Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 10:10pm | Report
he's not a troll, he's actually right (for the most part). He's just an *** lol
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 11:11pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

mmm, I didn't notice that, but thanks for explaining, it makes sense.

@haters

Pointing out a skill order is wrong is a good thing to do, and there was even no bashing on Mobafire this time...I think he's getting better at being nice :P

Anyways Throatslasher, mind accepting my add so I can spectate your games? :P

Yeah, i'll add you when servers not busy T_T
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2012 11:32pm | Report
Look he's not a troll. A troll is a person spoking nonsense. He's actually pointing out legitimate information.

His words are harsh and critical but that doesn't mean you guys should respond with "OH LOL YOU'RE A TROLL" "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH SUBTLE TRASH TALK"

Try to dig through his words and actually think about what he's saying rather than replying with some stuff that gets the conversation nowhere.

Also throatslasher to be honest I don't think you should have that high of an ego. When you talk you seem to act like you're the boss and people around you should all listen, or at least that's what I'm getting. It's getting really annoying and tbh getting plat doesn't give you a reason to stick your butt out and start preaching to other people how to play the game. You do have a higher knowledge than other people do but sometimes you should speak with the thought of "at least this is what I get in higher levels of play" rather than "im at the top this is correct".
There is no flat out correct way to play the game, though there are better ways to play it. As a high elo player you shouldn't be criticizing minute details for being a tad bit off your knowledge, rather you should be giving out advice.

At least this is what I think.

And yes a lot of top guides suck here it's a fact.

Stop trying to defend it guides do suck. Counting off generic guides half of the featured guides often are bad in the sense that they're way off the standard builds people run.
zjozwiak
<Member>
zjozwiak's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 3:17am | Report

But look here:

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?champ=malzahar&sort=0&display=0&x=122&y=17

These are the malzahar guides. If someone wants to learn a champ, they will likely be looking at a screen like this. At the top, the featured and approved. Cream of the crop.

Note that the featured guide is over 440 days old. That's horrible.

Thanks to jhoihoi for the banner!
Check out my Vlad guide!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 4:08am | Report
Hey guys, just thought I'd add to the discussion.

1) That Karma guide was one of the best guides on MobaFire - back when Fortify was still a summoner spell chosen on jungle tanks (Shen, Rammus) and champions like Poppy. Scott (the owner) is a paramedic and has since moved cities and elsewise progressed his life. I PM'd him a few months ago about his guide and he recently replied that he won't be updating the guide in the near future. Yes, the guide is out of date, that's a problem. The main problem is that MobaFire doesn't have some sort of "vote/scout point" decay system. As scout points are carry over Vet recs, most of those points came from vets who no longer frequent MobaFire.

What are scout/vet recs? A guide requires 5+ Scout points for it to become a featured guide for that champion. In the Scout forums, we have threads wherein we nominate guides that we think deserve to be featured. After 5 people all give scout points to a guide, it becomes featured. This system in itself is fine, it's unlikely that scouts will scout a bad guide.

AT THE TIME. However, it is clear to see that the Karma guide is outdated, and yet still featured. This is due to a multitude of reasons, 1) It has so many votes that it will never come 2nd, and 2) the scout/vet points it has have been there forever and the scouts/vets who gave those points have forgotten about it.

2) Not all guides on MobaFire are "****". There are plenty of highly rated guides that are decent and will help new players. I know my own guides aren't 100% perfect, and they never will be - as the meta has changed, so have my guides. My Ashe guide has gone from Heal + Teleport > Ghost + Flash > Flash + Heal > Flash + Cleanse > Flash + Ignite. My Nasus guide used to revolve solely around Dodge Chance - until they removed it. My Morg guide was written before Morgana was a perma-ban. Yes, there are some poor guides on MobaFire, but please don't blow things out of proportion.

3) MobaFire is all about letting anyone write a guide. My sister is level 20 or so now, but she carries her games as Jax. Sure, she may not have the same knowledge as I do, but she watches streams, she spectates games, she doesn't buy Nashor's Tooth on him etc. If she wants to write a guide on Jax, she should be able to. If it gets voted to the top, then that's the community's prerogative, it's not HER FAULT if her guide becomes #1.

4) We've had two "pro" teams lead MobaFire's guides. Their guides were listed as "Pro" and were listed at the top for their selected champions. It didn't seem to matter, anyway. We've been there, done that.

5) I didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if I repeated anything ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide